Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The enemy won't give you time to recover, why should your command?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

When I was an armorer, nobody ever fired the 50, and it only left the arms room once over 2 years. Nobody shot any of the 240s or 249s either. Gotta love a headquarters company.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That dude legitimately got soldiers killed so he could collect a paycheck. He deserves to be eaten alive by ants.

Mustang posted:

I don't understand why they don't use the fire retardant material for the standard uniform in the first place.

The standard OCP material doesn't breathe and is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The fire retardant version is more comfortable in both summer and winter. Also dries much quicker when wet.

You know the answer. It's always money.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Just :lol: if you didn't get out of doing lovely fetch jobbers by saying the motorpool wouldn't issue you a dispatch and your leadership was so used to it they didn't follow up on it.

The chief in charge of my old motor pool was great because of how anal retentive he was with dispatches. Oh, you don't have the exact right model of humvee/trailer/LMTV on your license? Sorry, no dispatch for you.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

By the end of my contract I was spending no less than half the work day either smoking or playing games on my phone on the toilet and nobody even noticed. Or, at least they never mentioned it. If you ran the military efficiently then all the work that needs to get done for the week would get done in a day, and then people would start wondering what our tax dollars are going towards. Then the budget goes down. Nobody wants that. Now let's go sweep the motor pool until a reasonable time to go home for the day.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm a fan of the OR thermal cap that was designed to be worn under your helmet which they would never actually let you wear under your helmet.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

No approved leave unless you have >$1500 in your savings account.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I remember having to do that poo poo. "Move these units from here to here, which is over a mountain, and it goes in real time so it'll take the rest of your shift." I played a lot of chess, since phones weren't allowed.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mustang posted:

I have, I start ETS leave in May.

Still have to be the S4 until then though.

When I left JBLM for the last time, it was the only instance I ever smiled while driving on I5.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

This thread is still alive and totally relevant.

I want to know what alternate versions of that pillow Max drew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Just start selling "family crests" that come with a forums account, and the "crest" gets to be their avatar.