Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Triggs posted:

I showed up for accountability (I know) during block leave because it fell between my leave and weekend pass.

I raked leaves for two hours. There were still plenty of leaves on the trees.

And I'm an O-3.

(gently caress TRADOC)

This was back on the first page but I still wanna say lol gently caress you sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm working as a contractor on this one, I was surprised to see two rolled trucks and a bunch of injuries (including a broken femur:stare:)

Today was slow as hell for me as an result

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Last night::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We're hearing 72 dudes "killed" during this thing. We're gonna give the pao a rough day

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 13, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Bad Poster posted:

The more entertaining one is the company and a half that got safety killed because one of the opfor platoons stumbled across them while they were sleeping, with nobody pulling security. Not that the security was asleep too, they had no security set up at all. Whoops!

Ahahaha that's the one, I made a nice video for that (but the pao never gave us an interview so we're just speculating poo poo even on the fake fox news channel), look forward to it tomorrow morning/afternoon

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bad poster: my bad, check your pms

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's what you get for trying to act like a good leader instead of hanging out with idiots from a dead gay forum

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I forgot Laguna Seca was outside of Monterey.

King City is a half hour away and has some pretty good Mexican food. And the coast and stars are amazing if you never get to see them where you live. Otherwise you're at least an hour away from any real cities.

Edit: Some pictures(that looked less poorly processed on my other computer, swear), once you're 5 minutes outside of hunter liggett it's pretty as hell

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 22, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
lol bad poster is gonna get sent to this as a final gently caress you from his command, probably mustang as well if he talks too loud, start working on your goose step boys

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi maffew welcome to 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bulletsponge13 posted:

I hope Mustang and that Finn dude whose name I can't remember right now both get tasked for this parade.

I'm only about 2 hours from DC. I think I should get a DD214 shirt, sit on the side and drink hot cider and laugh my rear end off.

Too small to read while marching, make a banner and enlist the help of vas to help hold it in exchange for beer

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
stand on top of the mortar shelter and watch them walk the rounds in, don't be a bitch

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Triggs posted:

I've only ever been in motard airborne units and I've never heard of officer boards. Please keep that poo poo a secret wherever it spawned from.

If it started anywhere it would've been 82nd

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know what you mean, today I got pulled away from my shitposting just to help make a fancy label for a DVD. That's 20 minutes I'll never get back, MAYBE LEARN TO USE DISC MAKER YOURSELF TOM, GOD

Work's tough, sometimes I don't even get out the door until 4:15

:v:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 28, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:allears:

VVV oh yeah that'll do it, living in Vicenza would rule

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 28, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bulletsponge13 posted:

I've been out for awhile.
The other day in class the teacher asked a question of the class, and I accidentally dropped the H Bomb. Just tired, and brain farted. Another GiPer sits in front of me, and I'll never live it down.

Jesus fuckin Christ, man

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno if this is really army, coast guard, or drunk thread, but the coast guard is sending a team to best Ranger this year.

Rootin' for them, godspeed 2 of the 5 coasties with a tab O7

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They're cool with publishing a list of USASOC names? Like "Hey these guys are Delta or Delta support".

It was posted to facebook, and they televise the competition on ESPN so :shrug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God drat, did you actually take my advice and hang a dsa flag in your window?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Work hard to go to Ranger school and get a slot at RASP so you can take a platoon in 3rd Batt and feel that disappointment all over again

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

in spotting a ranger tab today i recalled the massive importance put on that little piece of cloth that nobody around me today would recognize or care about

I'll have you know being able to lead while tired and hungry is very important in my civilian life, sometimes I stay up too late or an interview gets scheduled at the time I usually head to lunch, and thanks to my training I can properly see to my duties of hitting keys on a keyboard/control panel

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

Yeah being a camera guy seems pretty non Army. Who was that really angry camera guy that hung out with rrail and company on IRC though? Seemed way too angry for someone who had a neat job.

Probably a chill job most of the time, but the brigade pao was out in the field the whole time at hunter liggett so they still have to play army while trying to mop up the media mess combat arms are making.

The least army job is probably band if you can deal with a million coc ceremonies. You get to travel a ton, which would be rad probably.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When I first got to 2nd Batt, Jeff Struecker was our chaplain. Invaded Panama, was a new squad leader in Mogadishu (and in the trucks that got told to turn around and go back in the city), and won best Ranger in 96. Motherfucker did some living before going chaplain :stare:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

No but I have to get on the interstate to get to McChord airfield because Fort Lewis and McChord have no roads directly connecting each other.

Army dudes that live on McChord end up having a commute because they have to get on the interstate or take backroads. Either way they’re also going through a gate during morning rush hour.

There's one road(with a bridge) that connects McChord with Lewis, but it takes four times longer to drive that road than to just hop onto the freeway for 3-5 exits and reenter the gate.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bet he went infantry

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Is that what old people call the pop up dummies?

Those 3D targets, yeah, I think they still have a red star on their helmet as well. They called them Ivans in basic.

edit: I guess bored range control just paints them up at some posts and put a red star on one at Benning or something.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 3, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let me see your gun sir

*runs a q-tip along bolt groove, pulls out a speck of carbon*

Still dirty, try again

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

History lesson. The O-clubs used to have a sign that said "Officer's only and enlisted females".

That's pretty disgusting.

Officers of all people should know better than to use a possessive "S" when it should be a plural "S"

:downsrim:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If they're gonna spend that long in training they might as well come out of it with a tab as well, jfc

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have other posts gotten rid of the executive branch framed portraits everywhere? I think the JBLM post commander got sick of looking at pissbaby's scowl so now all the frames are gone and it's just a single poster with the JBLM commanders on it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why, do guys forget your name all the time too?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

There's a lot of really relatable poo poo in the new Netflix show Aggretsuko. There was a scene where nearly this exact conversation happened.

It popped up in the recommended bar during the credits of an Office episode. The wife and I tried to watch it, didn't even make it through the opening credits. Way too weeb-ish

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What you gotta do is stay in long enough to get promoted to a position where you can enforce the change you wanna see in the army!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you like LPDs than you'll LOVE the leader's matrix! A full week of learning about mission command! Also a lesson in mission planning where getting intel at the top of the hill is worth getting a squad of dudes killed by expecting loving infantrymen to silently infiltrate across a river directly in front of a machine gun, but it's not worth a platoon-sized assault, that's just loving stupid, how loving retarded are you to think that

p.s. do you love Simon Sinek as well? Well wait until you get a load of our patented misson-command-overlayed-on-the-why-what-how cirle thing!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was in scouts a couple years until our troop leader decided to embezzle the money we raised selling lovely popcorn.

I'd probably still put my kid in the scouts for a few years though :shrug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

I want a truck, but the kind of truck I'm looking for is the size of a 1990s Toyota Hilux, has a broken air conditioner, crank windows, a five speed manual transmission, and costs less than $2000. Because I'm going to use it to haul mulch and gravel or the occasional sofa, not to look cool.

Get a $200 hitch and a $300 harbor freight trailer. Works good enough. It's not a real truck, but you also don't get truck gas mileage the other 99% of the time, and friends don't ask for help moving their poo poo.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xsf421 posted:

I tried to buy one this month, but apparently HF doesn't sell them anymore. Something about the tires/wheels not meeting government standards or something.

I just did a warranty exchange on my tires last weekend. It's weird that they don't sell them again yet, but yeah you can find them on craigslist all the time as well.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 23, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

On the other, jumping a Stryker is rad as hell.

Best part of training right here. That road to leschi town had some sweet jumps next to it.

Also lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One of my dudes finished up a video for a unit on JBLM about a month ago. They kicked it back today insisting we make a change: we can't use one of the pictures because a door gunner in a helicopter isn't wearing gloves.

gently caress you, army

E: He's just gonna turn his hand green, mission accomplished :patriot:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 4, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have fun on your run, I Corps, and thanks for not blocking my route to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

The I Corps run is Thursday unless they have multiple this week which would make sense.

The one good thing about North Fort is being away from poo poo like that. Main Post gets better views of Rainier though.

Yeah I'm referencing the Thurs run, I kinda wish it would block my route to work, then I could just be like "lol sorry, there's a wall of dudes in the way, can't come in for an hour" then go gently caress off at starbucks or whatever