Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
gently caress me I'm still in.

Barely. Getting close...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Better getting me on the way out than me taking daily.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I got issued NODs for every field exercise I went on.

My ACH didn't have the mount for them. Supply would not give me a mount.

I just put them in my canteen pouch on my armor and never took them out unless I was making a trip to the portajohns in the middle of the night.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I haven't even seen a gun in 2.5 years and I'm still in. I think that's cool.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Genocide Tendency posted:

Does the Army get as sandy vagina over being called a POG as the marines? Everyone I ever worked with basically had to marry a rifle or M9.

gently caress no. I'm the POGiest rear end POG that ever POGed and I'm fine with that.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Meanwhile I'm getting 30 days of con leave after my upcoming surgery, then 30 days of deadman profile, then terminal leave. Whattup.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Vahakyla posted:

It's pretty cool to be the sweet summer child of this thread.

It feels like that was me just recently. Bugging the two posters here who were the same MOS and asking them stupid questions. Now I'm almost a free person again and it's such an uplifting feeling.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Kaliber posted:

I'm getting ready to put in a compassionate reassignment to go back to Hawaii due to my meth head sister in law having all her kids taken away by CWS last year and about to get her parental rights terminated because she keeps going back to jail. They're about to be placed permanently with a family so my wife and I are trying to go back and take custody of them. Watch me end up in Korea or something.

Anyone ever done one or worked in the compassionate reassignment part of HRC? I talked to my branch manager and he had no information for me besides "push it up your chain of command".

I did a compassionate reassignment two years ago to be closer to my terminal cancer afflicted dad. I'll get some more info together when I get home, but basically I had a memo, letters from his doctors, a letter from my chaplain, and whatever the DA form for the request was. IIRC, branch doesn't handle it--I called mine and he told me it was done by "compassionate reassignment branch" instead.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Am I reading that right in that a MSG stole $500 and now has to repay $122k and get busted down to SPC?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Vahakyla posted:

Having notes in formation is "unprofessional."

The word "unprofessional" is one of my favorite Army-isms.

Putting your hands in your pocket? Unprofessional! Put them down your pants, instead.
Wearing an assault pack in formation when nobody else is? Unprofessional! Carry it in your left hand, instead.
Someone in formation forgot their wet-weather top? You better take yours off so we can all look profesional (in our mismatched uniforms).

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
LOYALTY!
DUTY!
RESPECT!
SELFLESS SERVICE!
HONOR!
INTEGRITY!
PERSONAL COURAGE!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I just hope our new weapons have USB ports on them so they're not allowed into a SCIF. :v:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Wish me luck, I'm about to have an army surgeon give me a new face. I'm sure nothing will go wrong, right?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

TBeats posted:

E: also it's a really good idea to not offer to extend for a deployment until after a JRTC rotation. It may save you 25 or whatever days of bullshit.

FTFY

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
There's a former Marine in my old company who got medboarded out of the Marines, joined the Army to renew his clearance, and now he's getting medboarded out of the Army.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
It's more just a case of TRADOC sucking and IET students thinking the rest of the army will be the same, so they want to get away from it as fast as possible.

At least, that's how I was.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My first exposure to AIRBORNE! was in 35T AIT. A pair of tabbed E-6s were walking through the schoolhouse halls one day and stopped my class. They asked if any of us were considering going AIRBORNE!, and when none of us said we were, the saltier looking one said, "Good. Only loving idiots do it. Don't be like us."

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
lol boards

Good luck on your Miss Army Pageant.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
DA-31 for terminal leave submitted today. Holy poo poo, the end is in sight.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Two weeks left before I start clearing post and then terminal leeeeeeeave!

I'm quite excited.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

TBeats posted:

and basically, had i been a shittier soldier i may not have gotten orders to korea.
My orders out of AIT were for Italy. They changed two to three weeks from graduation to Fort Drum. I later found out it's because my shop at Drum heard they were getting a fresh AIT graduate, so they called a connection in the schoolhouse to see how he was. They got told he was a shitbag, so my shop called branch and requested a change to someone else. I was that someone else. Fort Drum was my punishment for not being a lovely soldier.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

That'd be my guess as well.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I guess I'm a shamming shitbag because I came in as E-4 and I'm getting out as E-4(P).

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

psydude posted:

The gas mask excuse was always a flimsy one because if that's the case, just make people loving shave in the field and keep their facial hair trimmed in garrison.

Just like contacts/glasses.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

and i no poo poo want those days back

You're in the wrong thread. The Let's Talk About Idiots! (It's us.) thread is elsewhere.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Such an appropriate name/post combination.

God drat when will my terminal leave get approved? I submitted it over a month ago and the O room still says it's being processed. :(

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
A life sentence of enlistment.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I still get confused when I think about how the civs at CIF at Drum were genuinely nice and easy to clear with.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Terminal leave just got approved. :cool:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Carteret posted:

Holy gently caress I remember when your rear end was posting from AIT

I was digging through my PMs a while back and read some stuff I had sent to people who offered to answer dumb "I'm thinking about joining the army!" questions. My entire military career can probably be tracked on these forums.

Also, I was given a whole 4 days to clear my unit and post, so we'll see if I can actually manage it in that time or if I'll sign out on leave and still be clearing.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I should just have a stack of them in my out processing packet this week. "Accidentally" drop a few when I had whoever my paperwork to sign off on...

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
CIF turn-in took a whole 10 minutes. Nothing kicked back. I tossed some extra barracks bags, knee pads, and a grenade pouch into the extras bin as a sacrifice to thank the dark gods for it going so smoothly or to help some poor schmuck who is missing one of those items in the future.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Thumbs up to the cool CIF workers.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
SMDFTB if you're still in.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Wtf do I do with my uniforms now. Can't even donate them to the base thrift shop because all I have are the soon to be outdated stuff. I guess Goodwill? Trashcan?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I had unused silks and waffles and I ended up giving them to my wife. She's perpetually cold and lives in them during the weekends.

I should do that. My wife is always cold, even in the Southeast somehow. She made sure our apartment had a fireplace... in Augusta, GA.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Haven't we lost a few posters because their command found their posts? I remember one picture of some wrinkled, blistered feet after a long ruck in a swamp or something...

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Guys im putting my uniform on tomorrow.

To do yard work.

Just the pants and boots, though. Going to stain the poo poo out of them with mulch and dirt and grass then probably throw them away. Never having to wear a uniform again feels good.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Soulex posted:

Yeah. You don't know jaded until you gladly accept surgery so that you'll get some time off and pain meds to zonk out on.

My surgery resulted in a glorious 30 days of con leave. It was amazing. Came back for a week, took two more to clear, now I'm freeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
It's fortunate that her favorite color is green.

Also, those things are great and tucking is lame. I don't know if my pants weren't long enough or what, but they'd always come unturned from my boots after moving around for a while.

My cat loves those drat bands. Always stealing them. Last time we moved, I found his stash under a bookshelf and there were 7 of them all chewed up and worthless.