Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
The sheer number of people who needed the proctors help in figuring out a 6 section scantron sheet for WAPS testing after the proctor explained step by step how to fill it out is staggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Cenen posted:

The sheer number of people who needed the proctors help in figuring out a 6 section scantron sheet for WAPS testing after the proctor explained step by step how to fill it out is staggering.

Are kids exposed to scantron anymore? Is it like asking my generation to generate punch cards for computer input?

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_N5PJvLZvc

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Derek Dominoe posted:

Are kids exposed to scantron anymore? Is it like asking my generation to generate punch cards for computer input?

These are all people either testing for tech or master, I was probably one of the youngest people in the room. These people should have seen a few scantrons by that point in their Air Force career.

Also they were seriously not expecting me to come into work after WAPS testing today like it was supposed to be some arduous challenge and not like I looked at memes between tests.

I get a half day tomorrow so I'm getting drunk tonight at least.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 16, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Derek Dominoe posted:

Yes, constantly. Standardized tests, normal tests, exams, etc.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Had to bus down to Osan today to take mine, got out at 130 to a text message from my LT saying he wants me to come back to work to sign my TSgt EPR. SMDFTB, I'm already getting crunk

Edit : also I'm on leave this whole month, gently caress me for not going off pen right?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Cenen posted:

Also they were seriously not expecting me to come into work after WAPS testing today like it was supposed to be some arduous challenge and not like I looked at memes between tests.

:ssh: Everyone knows exactly how "difficult" it is to bubble in multiple choice questions. It's so they can justify taking the day off when they test.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

nullscan posted:

Had to bus down to Osan today to take mine, got out at 130 to a text message from my LT saying he wants me to come back to work to sign my TSgt EPR. SMDFTB, I'm already getting crunk

Edit : also I'm on leave this whole month, gently caress me for not going off pen right?

gently caress you for not going off pen no
gently caress you for not turning off your phone still not quite there
gently caress you for being in the Air Force

Yeah, there we go

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

nullscan posted:

I kinda miss Korea at times, but I really don't miss the idiot flight officers we had to deal with.

Good times.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
gently caress, I can't final out till my Med Board is complete, and they are begging me to stay in. God drat it. And preliminary Med Board results are they waived my Asthma.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

If the quality was higher id say that was filmed yesterday. Most of the tech used in that is still the same junk were using.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress, I can't final out till my Med Board is complete, and they are begging me to stay in. God drat it. And preliminary Med Board results are they waived my Asthma.

Don't fall for that bullshit man, your rear end will be forgotten 1 week after you stop showing up.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

nullscan posted:

Unless your LT spoke to you, he'll never know when you got his text.

On a related note, I keep my phone on silent except when I'm expecting a call.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Has anyone else been seeing this 9,300 reenlistment ineligible people due to course 14/15 on JQP and AF Amn/NCO/SNCO pages? Are they being denied reenlistment entirely? Or is it 9,300 people ineligible right now, but can still pass and get their eligibility back?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Outprocessing in March. Woo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hamlet442 posted:

Has anyone else been seeing this 9,300 reenlistment ineligible people due to course 14/15 on JQP and AF Amn/NCO/SNCO pages? Are they being denied reenlistment entirely? Or is it 9,300 people ineligible right now, but can still pass and get their eligibility back?

From following along over the past year, I think they're effectively passed over for promotion this year. People with line numbers will lose them and not get them back, even if they finish the course now. I think they'll be able to recompete next cycle. As far as reenlistment, I guess if you're up soon you're going bye bye.

But given the manpower situation, we'll see what actually happens.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

From following along over the past year, I think they're effectively passed over for promotion this year. People with line numbers will lose them and not get them back, even if they finish the course now. I think they'll be able to recompete next cycle. As far as reenlistment, I guess if you're up soon you're going bye bye.

But given the manpower situation, we'll see what actually happens.

Unless something changed in the last month, people with line numbers can still get them back.

Per the last update I saw, if an NCO busted their due date, they temporarily lose their line number. They get it back when they complete Course 14/15, *if and only if* they complete the course before the end of the year's promotion cycle. If they can't get it done by the end of the promo cycle, then they lose the line number for good.

For guys who don't have line numbers, they're ineligible to reenlist until they complete the course.

I don't remember if they're allowed to test for promotion if they're overdue on the EPME.

Course 15 is a joke. There's no value to anything in the study material, and it takes time out of NCOA that could actually be used to network with peers. I get it, it's a stupid waste of time loyalty exercise, but ffs a year is plenty of time, and guys who have a legit need for more time (due to deployment/family emergency/etc) can get an extension. For everyone else, it shouldn't take more than two months, tops. I'm not the best test-taker, but two days study time was enough to pass each set. If an NCO can't find the time to knock it out within a whole year, they must be trying to sabotage their own careers.

As for JQP, his site's gotten so alarmist and self-aggrandizing I'd take that 9.3k number with a grain of salt. Shame, because a few years back it was a pretty legit look at the underbelly of the Air Force. Now it's just dour bitching.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

9300 came from the AF Times article. Up to you if that's more reliable or not. Getting line numbers back: Could be...I remember an article around Aug/Sep saying it was for good, but that could've changed.

JQP definitely started a slide when he brought in staff writers...which may have been when he got bought out, I'm not sure.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
JQP is sensationalist writing, but he has had a lot of positive impact. The Pilot scandal at Laughlin and the mold at Al UDeid immediately come to mind.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Anyone know how correcting lost leave works?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Shalhavet posted:

Anyone know how correcting lost leave works?

Finance is the office responsible, but hell if I know how you'd prove you lost leave. Probably need some combination of past leave & earning statements, leave docs, and MFRs.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Finance are the people that put my SSN into leaveweb wrong so my leave hasn't been posted to DFAS for over three years. I'm trying to get it fixed and now they're saying I'm over a month in the hole. My LESs say I've 'lost' more than that.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
If Finance is giving you the runaround, talk to your supervisor and first shirt. That long of a time frame is an issue for leadership to solve.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It can still take a while.

My entire squadron just didn't get our deployment travel vouchers paid once. It took several weeks at wg/cc level coordination (possibly higher) to get it sorted. Ellsworth is pants-on-head retarded, and so was the idea to centralize finance.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

What are you talking about? It was so successful that the AF decided to centralize comm software troubleshooting.

:suicide:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Arc Light posted:

What are you talking about? It was so successful that the AF decided to centralize comm software troubleshooting.

:suicide:

Please don't talk about my first assignment, it left scars.

As far as my leaveweb thing goes I'm just gonna bug the NCOIC who replied to my emails until he stops being helpful, then kick it up my chain for them to deal with.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shalhavet posted:

Please don't talk about my first assignment, it left scars.

As far as my leaveweb thing goes I'm just gonna bug the NCOIC who replied to my emails until he stops being helpful, then kick it up my chain for them to deal with.

I'd kick it up your chain now. That's literally what your senior enlisted and officers are supposed to be dealing with. This isn't your headache alone. I know if personnel was loving over any of my sailors to the tune of months of leave that I would personally take charge of it to sort out. I know navy and af aren't the same across the board, but generally speaking this is still something that isn't your problem alone.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I'd laugh if I make master with a Not Ready due to all these chuckle fucks who can't pass a simple AF test. I took 15 and 14 back to back in the span of a month without studying poo poo. Cmon guys.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

nullscan posted:

I'd laugh if I make master with a Not Ready due to all these chuckle fucks who can't pass a simple AF test. I took 15 and 14 back to back in the span of a month without studying poo poo. Cmon guys.
Back when I took Course 3 they'd just come out with a new test. I passed easily on both sets but people were failing left and right so they lowered the pass mark to something like 65%.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Welp, I'm ETS'd. So long Air Force.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

Congrats and thank you for defending are freedoms.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CommieGIR posted:

:toot:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Derek Dominoe posted:

Congrats and thank you for defending are freedoms.

This means you are buying my lunch, right? I'M A VET'RAN!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Noice. Beard it up, bro.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

My chain of command is starting to get concerned that nobody in the squadron has reenlisted in the past year. Everybody either escapes with a PCS or gets out via ETS.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arc Light posted:

My chain of command is starting to get concerned that nobody in the squadron has reenlisted in the past year. Everybody either escapes with a PCS or gets out via ETS.

When I was outprocessing, there was a whole boatload of techs and up that were ETS'ing, almost none of them were re-enlisting.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There is virtually no upward mobility in our flight because almost everyone stays until retirement.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
We have an audit coming up and 3 of the 6 auditors might be some of my old supervisors. I wanna tell them how awesome it is being a contractor.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arc Light posted:

Retention is just fine, comrade. Pay no attention to shrinking ideal manning numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Little Garry Parrish posted:

Retention is just fine, comrade. Pay no attention to shrinking ideal manning numbers

Morale is "pretty darn good".

• Locked thread