Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Of course he does. That man is a Hero and shame on you for even bringing it up.

In other news, do all personnel flights suck or is it just the ones I talk to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm a personnelist, so... yes. But not really. It depends...

Is that the sort of clarity in answers you get from the MPS where you are?

I wish. Our people just sort of sit on things and then blame it on "the process" like I don't use that same excuse to put off something I don't want to do

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
WAPS tested today and we had three no-shows.
I don't understand it.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Watched my first OTS graduation. Had a guy completely flub part of his oath and if anyone was recording it, they''ll be able to hear me cackling from the back of the auditorium. Had another guy completely lose it on stage and start openly weeping. Not sure what's up with that but I'd be concerned about giving that guy bars.
Not the worst thing I'd ever sat through but probably wouldn't watch another one.

In other news, I guess I'm going to Korea soonish. How likely is it that Best Korea nukes me while I'm there? What's the best way to enjoy my last year on this Earth while I'm over there?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Hamlet442 posted:

I just walked into the bathroom where someone poo poo on the floor. Right in front of the toilet. Then stepped in it and tracked it out of the bathroom. What the gently caress kind of people do that?

Was it a public bathroom?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Cenen posted:

My flight chief has instituted Blues Mondays for the enlisted for the first Monday of every month.

It's FOR moral obviously

Has anyone tried to politely inform him that he's a loving retard and ask what his god drat problem is?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
That's probably for the best.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Had a guy in my last shop who got nominated for MTI with a letter of non-recommendation from our O-6.
Supposedly there won't be any negative ramifications to his career because of it, but I'm always going to be skeptical.

-e-
My advice was to purposefully bomb a pt test so this may have worked out better for him.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

There's apparently talk of splitting the air force's space mission off into its own seperate branch.

https://federalnewsradio.com/defense-news/2017/06/house-panel-votes-to-split-air-force-create-new-u-s-space-corps/

That makes less sense than cyber splitting off and is probably just as likely.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

xsf421 posted:

Recruiters are scum and will say anything to get you to sign their papers over someone else's.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

TurdReynolds posted:

Essentially, yes. I've lurked here in the past and now that some bullshit has come to fruition figured it was time to join the circlejerk.

While I should be the one to step up and point this poo poo out, being a young one striper doesn't really carry much merit with my shop. Hell, they had me and another airman clipping five foot firebreaks around ventilators with scissors last week, nothing I say will be meaningful to the NCOs.

You haven't mentioned your supervisor's take on this and that's kinda concerning. Have you not talked to them about this yet or are they part of the problem?

Anyways, if you're perceiving some favoritism going around with the schedule then that's a real problem. If you start asking questions, people will have to take it seriously regardless of your rank. If they can't give you meaningful answers, you push that poo poo up your chain until you get some answers.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Prop Wash posted:

Copied? Or licensed for a tremendous amount of money and the promise of a job?

It definitely felt like this. Tons of proprietary stuff just shoved into the chapters all willy-nilly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Godholio posted:

Your degree is probably going to count for a lot more than your airborne experience. What platform? If you worked with JOVIAL or similar, you might luck into a sweet gig if the timing is right as something opens, but otherwise work that education.

Please don't push someone into learning JOVIAL. Let that language die forever, please.

• Locked thread