Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Any of you guys work in Air Force Intel? Either as officer or enlisted.

My best friend's brother is interested in going AF Intel officer and is asking me questions that I'm not qualified to answer. He is a senior in college.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

I used to work with Navy intel people on an operational level staff and both of those also apply to Navy intel officers. I think Air Intel is mostly wannabe pilots. Lots of nerding out in front of computer screens and postulating over tactical poo poo they don't really understand.

But the young lad is very determined to go intel, I'm trying to stir him gently into doing actual line jobs, preferably in the Navy but can't tell someone what to do with their life.

Does AF break down their intel officers into different specialties or do they rotate between squadrons, space systems, staff work etc...? Also does AF intel do human intelligence? I'm guessing that if they do it's a small segment.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I wrote a comprehensive post about USAF intel officers years ago. I can’t find it, but trust me, it’s still gonna hold up.

Lol okay but yeah I wish I could read this.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

:wow:

Also surprisingly accurate about Navy Intel officers who work in air wing staff.

• Locked thread