Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Derek Dominoe posted:

Enlisted personnel? Not even close. Some (like PJs) are trained as EMTs or even paramedics.

Most of the stuff I do is only worth anything due to the officer who signs the report/results I pump out. Most have degrees that dont even apply exactly to the subject matter (and separates me from being them). But hey I dont care Im just an office worker who wears ABUs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Rekinom posted:

Honest question, what is the difference? I had a PS3 but it's starting to die. Had a 360 too but got the red ring back in the day.

I had both and the PS4 was better. The load times and pretty much everything. But you just want to play sports ball so I suggest the bro box. I hear its a better way to meet bros who wanna get swole too.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

HellishWhiskers posted:

I've officially been in for two years and all I've gotten was a squadron morale shirt and a Zoloft prescription that stops me from drinking.

Hey thats pretty good! I havent gotten any of that stuff I guess im not trying hard enough. Keep up the good work you're what keeps the AF ticking!

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

If the quality was higher id say that was filmed yesterday. Most of the tech used in that is still the same junk were using.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
Well gents, I tested for E-5, AkA surf master and im sure i missed it by like 5 or less points without studying. What does that tell me? I dont belong here or that I dont want to belong here? who knows it depends on the promotion rates of this year. #blessedAF.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Softface posted:

After taking over the unit safety program from a do-nothing turd while simultaneously organizing this month's promotion ceremony I now understand why your liver gets worse the more stripes you have.

Dude safety is easy. IDK why youre so salty, its just shuffling paper around to show that as a shop Supervisor (or program MGMT) that you own it and everyone has had a taste of your Koolaid.

zombieswithblenders fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 14, 2017

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I can only assume for the brown-nosing form of enlisted, being trapped away from anyone to brown nose is torture

If I could do my old job as a civilian at Lajes I'd leave tomorrow lmfao.

My shop goes there quarterly. Ive been trying to get a chance to. Im stuck with Moron AB, which is really nice too. Its a ghost town there now pretty much just a crew to keep the lights on and what not (and so the chinease dont snap it up). The base Commander works out of the hotel im told.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Derek Dominoe posted:

Eglin's on fire, yo.

One of my in-laws is stationed there and assures me that Burger King is okay.

Too soon, yo. Were still mourning the loss of ours.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Cenen posted:

one of my favorite Air Force memories is literally being dragged by my commander across Ramstein both hungover as gently caress on a midweek morning past that big NATO building and people going to work after spending the previous night going to a few on base bars and ending up at some crazy aeromedical party. We ended up at some little British restaurant on base that served these amazing English bacon sandwiches whith English cheddar and fresh bread.

No excuse for not being able to get a good breakfast on Ramstein.

That place is aaaamazzzzing. Did you ever try the German one next door?

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

AkrisD posted:

It was a conspiracy by the Shoppette Tornado lobby to regain the crown of 'worst Ramstein breakfast option' since they introduced the full on burgers for breakfast menu. RIP BK.

I wouldnt put it past AAFES to do this.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

The German place is okay, Brit Cafe is pretty much the place to go for breakfast though. They get busy as gently caress but poo poo is delicious.

Cenen posted:

We went to a German place for dinner that was really good before we hit the bars that used Germans fulfilling some sort of military/civil service as waiters. Couldn't for the life of me tell you if it was next door to the English place though that whole week was a blur of being told to go places and to drink.

Thats the place indeed. German food itself is pretty boring and for that being the basis they do a very good job.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
Well gents it seems that the manpower study we've doing for our career field is finally going to derail the gravy train. Our leadership was startled to find out 42% of the career fields time is spent on non-career related stuff (volunteering, mandatory events ect).
But on the flip side I found this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCjZewPLBTc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Knives Amilli posted:

Holy poo poo things move fast once your retraining package for 1b4 goes through. Ive been lamenting basically being in job limbo for a year until tech school. Earliest school dates were looking to be january/feb 2018 and I had finally gotten okay with that. :unsmith:

Get a loving phone call ten minutes to try and put me in the August 28 course. Guy even said the September course had an opening. :negative:

Fuckkkk no thats too soon! Id be setting myself up for (literal) failure in the course.

Gotta really start cramming now as I bet any money a course opening will occur in October-December.

WTH, im still waiting for my 422a. Its been one month since I requested it.

• Locked thread