Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Larry Parrish posted:

One of my old senior controllers used to work at Keesler. Apparently that base was so slow they only had one controller on duty, except for the sexual assault reports

Unless something has changed in 15 years, the only reason Keesler has a runway is so the Hurricane Hunters can take off and land.

xaarman posted:

Fun day back!

Start with cranky emails from ADOs demonstrating "leadership by email" saying 0900 meeting for Flight Commanders and Chiefs that I promptly hit delete.

Start the morning mission planning for a flight the next day.

Half way through the crew brief, get word that all flights are canceled by the Commander.

Get told that tomorrow be in service dress for inspection, blues for the rest of the week. Apparently, because a good chunk of the squadron is deployed at any one time, very few people are left to make the squadron function... people are sick of being gone (and at the AF in general) so people have been showing up late and ducking out early, assuming other people will pick up the slack. The few people who had been doing all the work have deployed, and the squadron missed some outside-the-squadron deadlines. Apparently Group and Wing leadership have taken notice.

ADOs lead the crack down, commanders call at 1530.

Commanders call starts with "Change of plans. We had a suicide last night, tomorrow will be normal duty uniform the chaplain and MFLAC are here if you need them, reconvene at next Commanders call on Friday."

And then dismissed.

Probably the biggest af.txt example I've ever seen, and the second most embarrassing. Sadly, most of the problems the squadron is facing are self induced, but what do I know... hoping sub six months left.

xaarman posted:

Probably the biggest af.txt example I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Welp, I'm ETS'd. So long Air Force.

:toot:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Is the Air Force caught up I this nude picture scandal or did they escape a sex scandal for the first time?

The entire DoD is being looked at, but so far its the Marines who are getting poo poo all over.

Don't worry though. The AF is going to get caught up in it. Again.

This same thing happened a few years ago.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

They're gross and I'm surprised they appeal to anyone who isn't a teenager.

I bet you are fun at parties.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

A dead owl?

Like..

There has to be a bigger story here. Its the same thing as the headline Scooby Doom: Dog Blows up House With Can of Deodorant.

It warrants further explanation.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I was on TDY at the time so I missed most of it.

Oh... Well thats a let down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TI duty is voluntary.

Which means anyone with half a brain is going to say "gently caress YOU" and go back to doing their job put Korea on their dream sheet because gently caress staying under a lovely vindictive commander who is going to be a gigantic baby bitch who punishes you for every little god drat thing ever because you dared to turn down his bullshit.

• Locked thread