Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
What do green dot and red dot look like to a red-green deficient person? :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Larry Parrish posted:

Every time I get reminded of all the cool officers I've worked for and with, Rek posts and reminds me how pilots really are

Flying a gas station for a living changes a man.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Rekinom posted:

I tried to think of a good reply but I always forget who you are and now I'm too old and lazy to make the effort.

So just pretend I said something clever here.

Yeah this doesn't support the idea that you're a giant toolbag at all. :jerkbag:

Shalhavet posted:

Why the gently caress do I have to do this stupid loving informed decision briefing. I have real work to do and it doesn't involve powerpoint.

Is this thing still a briefing where "we're not trying to convince you to stay in, but here's a giant packet of bullshit that makes civilian life look like a giant mistake" occurs? I don't really recall the one I had to sit through but I vaguely remember it including this.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Hamlet442 posted:

Nope. Active base next to an ops floor.

Please tell me this happened at either Eglin or Nellis. My old unit was a figurative poo poo show, but having that transform into an actual poo poo show would be just grand.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

nullscan posted:

Lol, I'm about to get on a boat to an island just off the nk coast. It's been a pleasure posting with you gentlemen.

Wait how long have you been in Korea?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

nullscan posted:

5 years consecutively, 7 total, about to PCS back to Osan in June assuming I'm not turned into a ghoul by then.

Island update : still stuck on island, and Lil Kim is planning on a test Saturday. I'm fukkin thrilled. We can see the north from here.

That's what I thought. You were there when I left the HTAAC.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

BULLETKISS posted:

Just got orders to Hill. Anyone ever been there? Woukd like to know more about it.

What unit? I just had two guys show up to my unit who PCS'd from Hill.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

dscruffy1 posted:

I've got a dumb question that might come up for me in the next few years because I'm a fat-body. Isn't there some rule on PT tests if you fail abdominal but pass the other portions? I'm steadily creeping towards 39 inches but my run is sub-11 and the other parts haven't been an issue.

This whole "your command will work with you" is bullshit. I've been a UFPM and a FAC augmentee off and on for like 7 years now. The only thing that is going to keep your waist out of the conversation when it comes to a PT test is a waiver signed by a doctor/whatever medical person is signing your 469. If you don't have a 469, the FAC is not supposed to waive any part of the test for you. Whether they do it is possibly another story, but I've never seen any portion waived without an actual AF469 signed by medical.

Also, people saying the Air Force doesn't measure your neck are also wrong. If you fail the waist but might be possible to do a Body-Fat Analysis test that involves measuring your neck and chest, then you MIGHT be able to pass. For reference, I've seen that test performed 6 times and have a few other FAC folks administer it and I don't know anyone who has personally passed anyone on a BFA. Apparently they designed it to be next to impossible to pass because the air force thinks waist is a big indicator of not being a fat rear end (it really isn't, but Air Force).

My best advice for you is, besides more cardio to lean out your muscles and HIIT to burn fat off, do the old ben gay wrap the night before. You'll shave about an inch off.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 4, 2017

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I once considered volunteering for MTI duty. But I declined because I hate idiots.

I'm in the Air Force.

Let me rephrase... I can't handle any MORE idiots than my normal daily quota (which includes myself because I'm still in).

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

AFStealth posted:

So when are we going back to once a year pt tests so I can stop caring about them.

When you stop being fat.

Real answer: Honestly I wish that was a thing. That would allow me as a UFPM to track people a lot less frequently, because people can't be relied on to schedule their poo poo on their own. Makes me wonder what would happen to our force's teeth if dental or your UDM didn't basically make your appointment for you.

Best air force in the world, though.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

xaarman posted:

And I'm out!

Haven't been officially notified, but good bye Air Force. Been a fun 10 years, but definitely excited to not do another 10.

Congrats on making it through the 500 yards of poo poo smelling foulness all of us don't need to imagine because we've been sitting in it, and coming out clean on the other side.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
So this made me laugh:

The other day we had the new SecAF come by to speak to us. Our leadership decided long sleeve blues would be the UOD because reasons. First thing she asks when she gets in was "...is this the uniform you guys would normally wear today?" and we all told her no. She then proceeds to look at our general and say "...why?"

Small moral victories keep me going.

She did have some things to say that made me legit more happy than normal, but I'm waiting to see if any of it comes to fruition, i.e. reviewing all 1,306 AFIs we have to determine if they even need to exist anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

nullscan posted:

Really should do a meetup when everyone gets here,seeing as I'll be here forever.

Considering we met back in 2009 and you're still loving there, I'm starting to believe this is true.

• Locked thread