Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Forecast has us predicted to get 2-3 inches of snow on Friday and the talk of shutting the base down is already in motion. I love this time of year, so many free days off to take the kid out sledding and still get paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Nope its true, you can pretty much have it in your car and not have to worry about it, I forgot what all the specifics are besides not carrying it on your person.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

How the hell did he have anything more than read access to that? Other than that, that is hilarious.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Who wants to take a guess on how much fun it is to be Active Duty deployed with the Reserves as the controlling organization and all of their "trained" mechanics? I'll give you a hint they are 90% retarded and deserve to burn.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Knives Amilli posted:

LOL in the Guard it was typically strapped for cash weekend warrior airmen who deployed (the actual knowledgeable AGRs and Technicians hated deploying with a passion). I imagine its no better in the Reserves.

A buddy of mine back in fuel systems played Mortal Kombat X the entirety of his deployment at the Died. He was not popular with few of the AD personnel who witnessed this.

I think a lot of the weekend warriors/TRs thought they would come out here for two months and do nothing but get paid. We have TSgts and below out there launching/recovering airplanes, doing tows, FOD walks, food runs and any other task you can possibly think of that requires very little skill to accomplish. For the most part they are hating life, on the down side we are severely limited on knowledgeable individuals, I have a SrA as the NCOIC on day shift over a SSgt 7 level and another SSgt 5 level and pretty much myself on the night shift is about it. Makes for some very fast night at least and I get to hear a bunch of 3/5 level TSgts bitch about doing Airman duties.

I don't understand how a command that is running the deployment can justify sending 3 levels, cross trainees and week end warriors and expect them to actually do there job and actually accomplish any part of the mission/tasking. Whenever the Active Duty leads have a day off they always come in the next day to a poo poo storm of missed sorties, jobs not finished and just general chaos, tomorrow is going to be fun.

Overall I just sit back and laugh, do my job and just watch the insanity that is this deployment, though this is a cake rear end trip so far. Also don't get me started on weekend warrior pilots, I actually like our Active Duty aircrew but the TRs are just a batch of princesses that need everything perfect before they want to fly, the AD guys pretty much ask is it flyable and off they go, I love it.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

This x1000, best decision of my life and cost about $150 out of pocket total.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Hamlet442 posted:

I just walked into the bathroom where someone poo poo on the floor. Right in front of the toilet. Then stepped in it and tracked it out of the bathroom. What the gently caress kind of people do that?

I automatically assumed this was in a dorm some where, probably tech school. Not like I have seen this before. .....

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Hang all pilots

Not all of them, how else am I going to get a case of Kinder Eggs back home for my daughters birthday party?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Yeah the chocolate is pretty terrible, but for the price they will make a neat little party favor. Plus my daughter likes the random toys in them when I send them home in a gift or care package while deployed.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I haven't even tested for MSgt yet and I probably won't until August or so. With promotion rates being poo poo lately I don't have much faith but at least I don't have to wait forever for results.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I bet if we did once a year testing we are going to see a increase in failures. It's hard enough at times to get people to pass the test every 6 months, give them an extra 8-9 months to ignore working out seems like a great way to get them fail numbers any higher.

I don't really give a crap in the long run that test is retarded and stupid easy to score 90+ on.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

At this point just make your PT Score count towards your promotion, score a 95 you get 95 points towards your rank test.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just got back from a 4 month, easy deployment and now I'm taking 45 days off in a row.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The AFSC break down for 17E7 came out and the promotion rates of the standard promote ranking seems to be hovering around single digits which is super depressing. Maybe testing out of cycle this year might help but I doubt it, looks like a 9% promotion rate in the long run.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I love my job so much at times, the hardest thing I had to do this week was knock out a medal package for one of my SrA. In a 40 hour work week I managed 2 hours of real work along with probably 6 hours of lunch breaks, man being on salary rocks alot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

What is the chance of commissioning with a Music History/music teaching bachelors?

• Locked thread