Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Goddammit the Air Force thread had fallen off the front page and I was hoping it would stay there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

incel or intel

are one and the same.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Today while driving around San Antonio I saw a car with a sticker that said "I Love My Airman" next to an Autism Awareness ribbon.

Guessing the kid got one of the intel jobs.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

After taking over the unit safety program from a do-nothing turd while simultaneously organizing this month's promotion ceremony I now understand why your liver gets worse the more stripes you have.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Welp, commander wants to have one more session of squadron PT...

...on the BMT side of Lackland on graduation day at 7 am. Can't wait to start 30 minutes late because people can't get through the gates!

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Three years of nights in Alaska irreparably hosed with the brains of myself and everyone I know from there, I couldn't imagine doing 15 loving years.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Arc Light posted:

Yeah, the simultaneous lowering of rank and PT requirements for the job seems like a red flag.

Though, really, anyone who would choose to become a TI probably has a bunch of red flags already.

At least it's still a exile DSD so you don't choose to become one, a commander sentences nominates you.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Definitely do not take his word about the officer recruiter being swamped, or so backed up you'll never get in or whatever. He wants you to enlist so he can make his numbers.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Arc Light posted:

I enlisted to fulfill a proud family tradition of honorable wartime service. I expected a life of adventure and danger, surrounded by America's best and brightest.

After almost a decade, my current goal is to do no real work, and get paid to finance my off-duty hobbies. I have more than two brain cells, so despite zero effort, I'm somehow still a top performer.

It's working out better than I could possibly have anticipated.

This is my exact story, except I enlisted due to sadbrains and having no other options with the expectation of not becoming the real life version of Charlie Kelly.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Today I convinced an LT to listen to InfoWars, then mocked him for getting conspiracy theories wrong. CYBERCOM rules.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Today I had to give a CAF day briefing. Despite using pictures from WikiHow, telling people how to take care of a Mogwai, and warning them not to end up like Jimi Hendrix, people told me I did a great job and they want more. WHY WON'T ANYONE STOP ME?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Godholio posted:

WTF is CAF day?

CAF day is how they're rebranding Wingman Days, emphasizing their buzzwords of Comprehensive Airman Fitness. You get the same dumb briefings in the morning, and then you play sports in the afternoon.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Howard Phillips posted:

Any of you guys work in Air Force Intel? Either as officer or enlisted.

My best friend's brother is interested in going AF Intel officer and is asking me questions that I'm not qualified to answer. He is a senior in college.

How does he feel about babysitting a bunch of nerds in a windowless, poorly lit room for 12 hours a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

nullscan posted:

Ya'll are both dickheads and if you don't stop loving doing cossack dances at your desks and smashing all my fiber every week I'm throttling your youtube down to 14.4 modem speeds.

Like I’d even notice.

• Locked thread