Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

Is this thing still a briefing where "we're not trying to convince you to stay in, but here's a giant packet of bullshit that makes civilian life look like a giant mistake" occurs? I don't really recall the one I had to sit through but I vaguely remember it including this.

The TSgt in mine claimed that $700 a month was a reasonable number for monthly health care on the outside. Look at all the money you're saving staying in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

I did nights while deployed and it was great, I wouldn't want to do it at home station though because most of the base does not know or care. Life was bad enough for the poor maintainers, one of whom got yelled at once for not shaving (because he had to stop by finance after working 12 hours overnight)

My favorite thing at Meade was working a 6p-6a shift, then being told I needed to show up to a 10am squadron PT. And then lectured because I wasn't trying hard enough.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

AkrisD posted:

It was a conspiracy by the Shoppette Tornado lobby to regain the crown of 'worst Ramstein breakfast option' since they introduced the full on burgers for breakfast menu. RIP BK.

Have people given up on the golf course breakfast burritos? That was the big thing in 2011.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Hotel Kpro posted:

The penalty would probably be never being able to serve in the air force. If you get a commission slot and turn it down, you're done.

I'm not sure this is a bad thing.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

Nope. There wasn't an officer recruiter at station I called. So he offered to forward my information, and then told me about OTS being backed up, I declined after I heard about the two year wait.

Consider this your first lesson. Recruiters are scum and will say anything to get you to sign their papers over someone else's.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

TurdReynolds posted:

nothing I say will be meaningful to the NCOs.

Welcome to the USAF, enjoy your stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm waiting to find out what the equal and opposite reaction will be.

I'm laughing at the idea of supervisors doing face to face counseling in it's place. I didn't even get that with my EPR, just a note telling me to sign it and send it back.

• Locked thread