Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
One of our new Airmen managed to somehow delete the entire medical readiness training spreadsheet for the whole hospital, leaving himself as the sole person on the list with his AFSC plastered next to his full name and all of his overdue training for everyone to see.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
It took half the day before I received an email that was free of spelling errors.

Also someone apparently shook their dick all over a toilet seat in our clinic so our chief of cardiology took a picture on his phone and made us pass it around at our end of day meeting while yelling at us about how we should know how to use the toilet and that we need to treat the women in our clinic better and that if it happens again the male NCOs will be cleaning the toilets.

This is not the first time someone has pissed ON the toilet.

Also it's a public toilet so it could literally be some old rear end WWII vet pissing on it.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
The sheer number of people who needed the proctors help in figuring out a 6 section scantron sheet for WAPS testing after the proctor explained step by step how to fill it out is staggering.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Derek Dominoe posted:

Are kids exposed to scantron anymore? Is it like asking my generation to generate punch cards for computer input?

These are all people either testing for tech or master, I was probably one of the youngest people in the room. These people should have seen a few scantrons by that point in their Air Force career.

Also they were seriously not expecting me to come into work after WAPS testing today like it was supposed to be some arduous challenge and not like I looked at memes between tests.

I get a half day tomorrow so I'm getting drunk tonight at least.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 16, 2017

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
My flight chief has instituted Blues Mondays for the enlisted for the first Monday of every month.

It's FOR moral obviously

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Belgian Waffle posted:

Has anyone tried to politely inform him that he's a loving retard and ask what his god drat problem is?

They are retiring in mid June and since even the other SNCOs in our flight think it's balls out retarded I don't see it lasting long past that.

Edit: Or maybe July, all i know is since we missed the first of this month everyone came into work in Blues this morning except me since I came in on Sunday for the night shift and the email sure as gently caress didn't say Blues Sunday.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 11, 2017

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
one of my favorite Air Force memories is literally being dragged by my commander across Ramstein both hungover as gently caress on a midweek morning past that big NATO building and people going to work after spending the previous night going to a few on base bars and ending up at some crazy aeromedical party. We ended up at some little British restaurant on base that served these amazing English bacon sandwiches whith English cheddar and fresh bread.

No excuse for not being able to get a good breakfast on Ramstein.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

zombieswithblenders posted:

That place is aaaamazzzzing. Did you ever try the German one next door?

We went to a German place for dinner that was really good before we hit the bars that used Germans fulfilling some sort of military/civil service as waiters. Couldn't for the life of me tell you if it was next door to the English place though that whole week was a blur of being told to go places and to drink.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 7, 2017

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Missed out on that but I'll throw out going to that Donner cart outside the BX or going up cardiac hill and learning that every German middle school girl smokes.

Comedy option of ignoring everyone out of desperation and trying that super beyond belief garbage Chilis in the KMC.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Would have been out in October but I extended to get one more deployment in for some extra cash and to see what weird poo poo I can get into.

Saved a poo poo ton of money, got my civilian certs, and networked a lot with the local industry. Will probably be worth almost a decade of my life in the end.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Got a phone call from my flight chief like 5 minutes ago and seriously thought about just not answering but all she did was tell me I didn't make tech so I feigned some dispointment and told her every thing is alright. I was waiting for her to say something about being completely written off the schedule for the whole back half of the month but no one seems to notice or care so why should I?

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
S. Arc Light

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
lol just lol at this guy underestimating just how many people the Air Force has out singing around the world to boost moral. For real not the worst chance in the world but someone is probably going to follow up with a better answer.

Fake edit: still sore I watched the the AFCENT band while Primus and Clutch toured through my home station.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
There is someone commissioned into the Air Force to tell you that if someone is wearing a ski mask and waving a flag with imam Ali's face on it to NOT get into their car.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Godholio posted:

I miss flying and deploying (sort of). I keep in touch with the people I want to. The rest of it can smdftb.

The on the ground team team I’ve had this deployment have been amazing and the mission we performed was significant and something I will always be able to look back at with pride.

The fact the Air Force forgot it had forward deployed a 9 person team and didn’t bother to get replacements for them has made my decision to not re-enlist a lot easier. Exactly on my 90 day till out mark also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
It only took completely skipping the entire chain of command but we got dates to go from Al Udeid to the DTC. Still no firm date for leaving Iraq but supposedly DTC dates are fairly solid so they’ll have to pull me out to make that flight.

Still can’t believe the same cocksuckers who remembered to give me a birthday card forgot they forward deployed me to this constantly exploding poo poo hole.

• Locked thread