Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Obstacle2 posted:

This may be a little out of left field, but how close is someone who is an enlisted person on an Aeromedical Evacuation team to an actual nurse?
Depends heavily on their AFSC/specialty. Apparently the scope of practice of military medical personnel doesn't always translate directly to their civilian equivalents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Dominoes posted:

I'm making a software to unfuck scheduling CAF-wide. Have enough top-cover and codingskills to make it happen. Will the mil industrial complexers assassinate me?

No, but you're probably boned as collateral damage if whatever high side system you put this on has/fails a security audit.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Wild T posted:

I thought all flightsuiters wore diapers 24/7 because it made them feel like astronauts

Is this not true?
It's not.

We wear the diapers because we are horrible sex fetishists.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm out.

In the dark hours of the night I think about going back to the Reserves/Guard, because permanent health insurance would be nice, and I'm starting to think that it is time to admit that trying to make a go of it in California hasn't worked out.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Our hazing usually consisted of telling people their upcoming deployment date the day they reported in to the squadron. My personal touch was to inform them that most of what they had been told in the training pipeline was a lie and that they would be taken for granted but still expected to perform.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Really, officer hazing is much more cerebral. Oh what fun we would have. Our deployed squadron commander made a man who was entrusted to command warplanes of the United States request a written waiver to policy so that the man could be in the same room as his wife with the door closed. On their anniversary. It was the most humiliating thing I have seen done to a husband since I watched Braveheart. Or that time we scheduled an extremely well performing Captain to deploy during the two weeks he had requested off for his wedding and honeymoon. He had already paid for tickets and hotel rooms on the assumption that no reasonable person would gently caress with his wedding just to avoid a deployment shortfall. You should have seen his face.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 26, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
They got me good one time: the Group security office didn't process my security clearance renewal, and when I asked why, they told me that they had lost my SF-86 and associated paperwork. Lost it! As though it was a pair of socks! And that it was my fault, because I had not been calling them regularly to make sure they were doing their job! My squadron leadership agreed that I was making them look bad by not being able to deploy, so they put me on a poo poo deployment with the worst Aircraft Commander in the squadron. Great prank, bro!

A few years later, I got a letter saying that OPM had lost my SF-86 *again*, and they didn't know who had it, but the joke was stale by that point.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Weren't you an MC-130 nav?

No. I would have let my entire chain of command up to the CSAF piss in my mouth if it meant that they would have reassigned me to MC-130s or AC-130s.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 26, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Belgian Waffle posted:

You haven't mentioned your supervisor's take on this and that's kinda concerning. Have you not talked to them about this yet or are they part of the problem?

Anyways, if you're perceiving some favoritism going around with the schedule then that's a real problem. If you start asking questions, people will have to take it seriously regardless of your rank. If they can't give you meaningful answers, you push that poo poo up your chain until you get some answers.

Enjoy your letter of counseling for wholly unrelated disciplinary issues.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Cenen posted:

There is someone commissioned into the Air Force to tell you that if someone is wearing a ski mask and waving a flag with imam Ali's face on it to NOT get into their car.

Remember that being a colossal pain in the rear end to hotel staff enhances force protection.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun. Who doesn't like organized recess?

Or as I like to call it, "CENTCOM Overseas Contingency Operations, 2001-2017"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
gently caress, I'd go back for a line number to Major and a guarantee that I will never be selected for AFPAK Hands.

• Locked thread