Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Rythe posted:

Nope its true, you can pretty much have it in your car and not have to worry about it, I forgot what all the specifics are besides not carrying it on your person.
Yeah, it's just that when people say "carry" they usually don't refer to leaving something in their car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

lite_sleepr posted:

Do you bag wearers know where your Abus are?
I would be surprised if anyone didn't. Having the right rank on them, on the other hand...

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Rythe posted:

At this point just make your PT Score count towards your promotion, score a 95 you get 95 points towards your rank test.
Apparently that "isn't fair" because of people with waivers.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Larry Parrish posted:

FWIW every non-rated, non-medical officer career field is essentially the same with maybe the exception of security forces and public affairs. You largely manage enlisted who do most or all of the work, and your job will consist mostly of signing paperwork like EPRs and sending off status reports to your group or squadron commander or whatever.
60-series (acquisitions/engineer/scientist) are pretty different from that baseline as well.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
e: mispost

standard.deviant fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

BIG HEADLINE posted:

God dammit, STRATCOM: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/11/18/report-us-nuclear-general-says-would-resist-illegal-trump-strike-order/23281804/

"As head of STRATCOM, I provide advice to the president, he will tell me what to do," he said.

"And if it's illegal, guess what's going to happen? I'm going to say, 'Mr. President, that's illegal.' And guess what he's going to do? He's going to say, 'What would be legal?' And we'll come up (with) options, with a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that's the way it works. It's not that complicated."

No, you idiot. He's going to say "YOU'RE FIRED" and find a subordinate who'll gleefully nuke Hillary Clinton's house when you tell him the order is illegal.
It's dumb as poo poo anyway, because the order is unlikely to be illegal due to the absence of legal checks on the President's authority in that arena.

• Locked thread