Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Arc Light posted:

I enlisted to fulfill a proud family tradition of honorable wartime service. I expected a life of adventure and danger, surrounded by America's best and brightest.

After almost a decade, my current goal is to do no real work, and get paid to finance my off-duty hobbies. I have more than two brain cells, so despite zero effort, I'm somehow still a top performer.

It's working out better than I could possibly have anticipated.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Arc Light posted:

Overseas assignments are dropping. I just found out I'll be escaping my purgatory and taking a trip to South Korea next year.

I'll need to extend for PCS retainability. Problem is, I'm TDY for NCO Academy and I won't be back at my home station for another few weeks.

I know we had an MPF goon here for a while. Does anybody know if extension and/or reenlistment paperwork can be done up at a TDY location, or if it needs to originate with the home MPF? I have seven days to get retainability, and there's zero chance I'll be back at my base by then.

I'll call the MPF on Monday to check, but I figured someone here might have a clue.

ROK assignment signing in! :):respek::)

Not a MPF goon, but I think you still have to process that sort of stuff through your home unit; we had a guy in my NCOA class a few months ago that had to work with his home MPF to get the year of retainability so he could graduate the course.

Edit: Also, good luck on your PLDPs! :v:

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 19, 2017

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Can't wait for that e-mail from AFPC accidentally promoting me from E-6 to O-4.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Arc Light posted:

The last written assignment at my NCO Academy involves writing a plan for self-improvement for the next few years. The usual management buzzword stuff.

Throughout the paper, I've been very consistent in referring to the plan as my Five Year Plan, and calling the document itself my manifesto.

I really hope it raises an eyebrow or two.

A specter is haunting NCOA, the specter of transformational leadership.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Perfect.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Arc Light posted:

Does your friend's brother enjoy in depth discussions about Dungeons and Dragons, anime, or My Little Pony? Because they crop up in the SCIF with distressing regularity.

As much poo poo as the line side give us medics, I can say for certain that I've never been in or overheard those kinds of discussions. I did know a few intel dudes from my time in a base honor guard and they always did strike me as...off.

Edit: Also, "When he's not deep dicking some borderline inbred dipshit Airman who's a civilian 5 and intel 12..." is an amazing line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Arc Light posted:

I've been off watching the TMO-contracted movers pack up my stuff for the last days, darkly wondering what will go "missing" or turn up damaged.

I guess I missed the big EPR news at work, because when it turned up online, I thought for sure it was Duffel Blog.

Air Force nixes evaluations for junior airmen

Nice to see we're taking a good idea from the Army. Pity it didn't happen a month ago; I just rewrote EPRs for a couple of my airmen.

Wow, we're actually going to do something smart for a change!

• Locked thread