Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol I loved that Command Post post in the last thread. Airman Sanchez? Uhh... Is the DO there? You don't have DOs any more? What about the chief of command post? It's 4 am at your station and he's not at work? Etc etc etc. and then it ends up being something they could have found out in two seconds by looking at G2 or just you know, asking me.

The only time this doesn't happen is when it's another Command Post/Center calling. Every other time, it's like when you call a home and a five year-old answered.

Airman? Can you put the Staff Sergeant who just cross-trained in four months ago on the line? Thanks, I can't handle treating an Airman with the respect and decency a 24 year-old man deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Depends on the base. Busier bases have more for Command Post to do. I was at a "watch movies and chill for 12 hours" base. I'd even bring in model kits on nights, weekends, and holidays and just work on them after I got settled in for my shift.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
AFMC, with a flight line. But all the flight-following poo poo was handled by a section of our MOC, for reasons. We were really just there for opreps and the giant voice.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Godholio posted:

Tinker? Since the CP fell under the ABW not the ACW I could see it.

Edwards. And things didn't change much after the ABW and TW merged.

Larry Parrish posted:

One of my old senior controllers used to work at Keesler. Apparently that base was so slow they only had one controller on duty, except for the sexual assault reports

We just had lovely manning. I think we had more than 10 controllers once, for like a six month period in 2012 or 2013.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

I'll admit it, I'm a weeby gently caress who's stuck with the Playstation since the PS2 days because of JRPGs. poo poo, I'm still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

lite_sleepr posted:

The gently caress do you think? The 2LT come back and apologize in person to the girl he cussed out.

You know, like how grown adults behave. But we can't have pilots or their commanders seen admitting when they acted like cocks and apologizing to noners.

And if the 2LT had acted like an adult in the first place, then the girl probably wouldn't have shut down, and could easily explain what had gone wrong and what the 2LT should do to fix it.

But then everyone might have assumed he was a small penis having bag wearer*, and we can't have that.

*First read that as "small penis wearing bag haver", and I'm a little sadder now it isn't the case.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
We're all busy processing what goes on in the CE thread to bitch about the Air Force right now.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

zombieswithblenders posted:

Dude safety is easy. IDK why youre so salty, its just shuffling paper around to show that as a shop Supervisor (or program MGMT) that you own it and everyone has had a taste of your Koolaid.

It depends on your area. I was my shop's safety supervisor, but that's for Command Post, so there weren't things like confined spaces or heavy equipment to worry about. I assume there's more to it if you are a MX or CE safety guy.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Larry Parrish posted:

Working night shifts for almost a year at the Travis command post was pretty sweet, in that I turned into a crazy person who talked to myself from the sleep problems

I don't think I've still recovered from working night shifts on the other side of the country, even after a year out.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Are these consistent night shifts, or were switching between nights and days every month? Because there's no way 5 years of that can be good for your health.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

xsf421 posted:

My favorite thing at Meade was working a 6p-6a shift, then being told I needed to show up to a 10am squadron PT. And then lectured because I wasn't trying hard enough.

6:45-6:45, plus staying an extra 45 minutes so drug testing can open for your piss test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Larry Parrish posted:

Who the gently caress wants to volunteer for MTI anyway.

I knew one guy who had planned to be an MTI as part of his "Chief in 17 years" plan.

• Locked thread