Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Smertrisol is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
https://www.stripes.com/news/programs-to-improve-usafe-begin-with-bettering-the-look-of-its-bases-1.14514

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I love how he tried to do the same poo poo at the university of Mississippi he pulled at his bases.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Larry Parrish posted:

Try hard officers and enlisted alike are the worst people imaginable

Anyone with a loving flat top. I swear I've never met someone with a flat top that wasn't a douche.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Godholio posted:

That's not the same thing. The regular Kinder Surprise eggs are still banned due to a law from the 1930s that bans candy from containing non-edible objects. Those things have the candy and toy separated, which is why they're fine.

If you really want some find a European deli. They carry them around here.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Heard we might be going back to once a year fitness testing regardless of score.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ive done night shift for 15 years now

you guys are pussies

Going on 8 here.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I did the walk test today. I wanted to die.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

The walk test sucks more than the run.

It was absolutely brutal and I never want to do it again. The run is by far easier.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

The Ripstop ABUs were a big step up fron the twill ones. They're still as ugly and non-functional as ever though.

Agreed, especially if your job consists of being around anything dirty.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Still in (ART) but using my bennies to get through school. I'm probably going to bail to the straight civil service side when I'm done and play weekend warrior till I hit 20 if I can maintain passing PT.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Fat_Cow posted:

He didn't give me the number for the Officer recruiter because "You guys swarm him So I could forward your info to him". That's when he told me about how they were backed up and stuff. There is another recruiter I could contact tomorrow to see if they'll say something else

Wow what a piece of poo poo. That sounds extremely shady.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Fat_Cow posted:

I know nothing about recruiting so I assumed nothing of it. There is another recruiter close by though so maybe he'll say something different tomorrow. Who knows.

Did he actually talk to the officer recruiter at all? Or did he just tell you that they were backed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Fat_Cow posted:

Nope. There wasn't an officer recruiter at station I called. So he offered to forward my information, and then told me about OTS being backed up, I declined after I heard about the two year wait.

I'm pretty sure you can see where this is going, but I wouldn't take that guys word for it.

• Locked thread