Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Combat Touch huh? I smell a Red Dot!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Just got orders to Hill. Anyone ever been there? Woukd like to know more about it.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Godholio posted:

Grew up a couple of miles away, moved back when I got out in 2012, moved away in 2015, visit about once a month.

If you like the outdoors, you'll love it. If you're into the club scene, :rip: SLC is surprisingly liberal, and has some legit good bars. Utah also has some really good microbrews. I live near Reno and wish I had the UT beer scene.

The closer you get to the mountains, the higher the price of housing. I'd try to avoid Ogden, Clearfield, and certain parts of Layton (some areas are really nice though) when you're house/apt hunting. Generally south of Layton is pretty nice, but there are at most two highways...and they merge a few miles away. One accident can royally gently caress the commute, and Mormons can't drive for poo poo. If you have specific questions, ask away here or in PM or whatever.

Sweet. Thanks for the help. I'll PM you with more questions.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

whatspeakyou posted:

What unit? I just had two guys show up to my unit who PCS'd from Hill.

Not sure yet. Vmpf just says 75 Air Base Wing, but hopefully the actual orders will give me more detail. It's been 7 years since I PCS'd so not sure the procedures anymore.

• Locked thread