Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
I'm on 3 months of terminal leave with no wife, no kid, no work, no responsibilities, and sitting on a ton of cash. If I was single, I'd go to Australia (cuz summer) and pound jungle fever craving pussy like it was going out of style.

But tbqh I think I'm just gonna chill in my moms unoccupied downtown luxury condo, buy an Xbox or ps4 (haven't decided which one yet) and just play madden all day every day while getting swole at the gym.

Every instinct tells me I should be getting blackout drunk, raging, and partying at the bars which are like literally a block away. But I think I might just be turning into a boring old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

lite_sleepr posted:

PS4 is for adults.

Honest question, what is the difference? I had a PS3 but it's starting to die. Had a 360 too but got the red ring back in the day.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Helldump Immunity posted:

I really like this post.

:glomp:

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

lite_sleepr posted:

IKR. Like when he goes up for major and he never once bothered to perform his data verification brief, despite annual notifications from MyPers to do so on his birthday. Then he gets his commander involved because his 4th air medal he got for flying in a holding pattern for 2 hours over some patch of mountain a general thought was cool didn't get updated, and it's the MPS' fault and we cost him a promotion.

In all seriousness though, this would at least show that his commander gave enough of a squirt to recognize the behavior was unacceptable.

Personally I'd like to see him get an LOR for violations of article 134 for profanity, article 133 for conduct unbecoming, and DNIF'd for 6 months at his follow on because he doesn't deserve to fly :shobon: Then during his DNIF status he's whored out as a casual O3 to an MPS customer service section answering phones all day from confused retirees who had their 12 years expired IDs confiscated at the gate.

insecurity.txt

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

lite_sleepr posted:

No, he didn't. Sucks that you think it's NBD for the exalted officer corps to poo poo all over people :/

Gee, if only you didn't commit to spending 20 years in literally the only organization on Earth where the one group you apparently disdain and hate has way more power and privilege than everyone else, and there's nothing you can do when some girl gets yelled at and her fee fees get hurt.

I mean, if I hated lawyers, I wouldn't spend 20 years as a paralegal in a law firm.

"but muh tricare" yes I know...

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

whatspeakyou posted:

Flying a gas station for a living changes a man.

I tried to think of a good reply but I always forget who you are and now I'm too old and lazy to make the effort.

So just pretend I said something clever here.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

"lets see how he does without space"

That's probably my favorite one. Like some pissant 19 year old A1C at Peterson is the thin blue line between order and chaos around the world. Actually, it'd be some Captain who went to SOS and bought their profession of arms bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

If people haven't figured out that the DoD's only real role is to help the DJIA generate solid returns, then idk what to tell them other than maybe drawing stick figures in crayon.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
I like to use these opportunities to educate those not fortunate enough to figure these things out on their own.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress, I can't final out till my Med Board is complete, and they are begging me to stay in. God drat it. And preliminary Med Board results are they waived my Asthma.

Don't fall for that bullshit man, your rear end will be forgotten 1 week after you stop showing up.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Haha look at these active duty bitches complaining

Y'all take this military poo poo waaaay too seriously. just come over to the reserve side and chill out for a bit while you make the active duty bitches do all the heavy lifting.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Booblord Zagats posted:

Same applies to aviation as well, at least for logistical fixed wing units. The reservist pilots in cargo/fuelers always seemed to be a lot better at the job and a lot cooler one on one

probably because they're not trying to make O-6 BTZ as a 25 year old

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Of course it didn't happen, most of the rules and restrictions that the military has are usually made up out of thin air with consequences that a general could just blow off at any time. Literally the only regulation that has any real weight is Title 10. Everything else can be thrown out for the sake of expediency.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Bruh, a 787 captain gets paid like 12.5k to fly to Singapore, sit for 2 days in a luxury hotel, and then fly back. Like, I'm sitting here reading the bid package. That's insane. Do that about 2.5 times a month and you're clearing 475k a year total compensation.

No PT tests. No deployments. No OPRs. No awards packages. No DTS. No additional duties. Just go fly to China, eat some dim sum, get a beej, maybe hit the gym or watch some Netflix, and then fly back. That's all you gotta do.

While I'm sure taking a 75k onload sounds super fun, I think you can get creative and find newer, better ways to have fun than making 85k living in loving Omaha.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

CommieGIR posted:

But the burnout rate is really high. Go talk to some Delta pilots, their schedules are really hectic and its difficult to gain seniority.

Well that's because Delta pilots are universally known as whiny bitches.

Rekinom fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 7, 2017

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm planning to up the running to at least 20 miles a week but I do need to do more interval stuff for sure. I'm pretty sure I can find somewhere to work it in.

Christ, what a terrible way to live.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Larry Parrish posted:

Its kind of sad that the service where aviation is kind of a side gig has the better show off team

Well to be fair the Navy has always been better at flying pointy jets than the Air Force. The AF only is on top now cause the F-22 is basically a cheat code.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Wild T posted:

Diego you actually had to be reasonably competent since you pretty much worked autonomously. They even make you get a letter from your CC stating you were competent and could be trusted to work with minimal supervision.

Jesus, imagine if that sort of environment was actually the standard, and not the rare exception.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

And I'm out!

Haven't been officially notified, but good bye Air Force. Been a fun 10 years, but definitely excited to not do another 10.

bitch u aint out till you got a DD-214 in your hand

lube up that rear end in a top hat, they comin for u

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Being an officer is a great stepping stone to something bigger and better. Have an exit plan. Like, go through OTS, get commissioned as a comm guy or something, be a dumb LT, get swole at the gym, gently caress a few female Lt's (or female SrA's if you like to live dangerously), and then bail after like 4 or 5 years for free GI-bill funded grad/law/med school. If you stay in past that, you will be stagnating in life. Unless you are a pilot, and only if your goal is to go airlines at some point. Honorable mention: become a ROTC instructor and get your masters at State U while creeping on low self esteem female cadets. Whatever you do, don't be one of those sad majors who retires after 20 years. And don't be the unhappily married/divorced Lt Col who stays for 20 and ends up going into civil service since they have no relevant skills in life other than being a government slave.

Being a career Air Force career is for political types. If you're an upper middle class kid who is ambitious and want to get face time with the boss and do dirt for them when it comes time to gently caress over other people, then stay for a career because you will do well. If you are a religious fundie, you should stay. If you are perpetually insecure and get erect at thought of having power over others, you should stay. If you are perpetually insecure and thrive on getting medals, rank, and recognition, and need military service to define yourself because your own personality is too weak and unimpressive, then you will do extremely well and should stay for 30 years. And if you're a hopeless virgin who wants to get pussywhipped by the first domineering wannabe girl whose life's ambition is to be one of the Real Officer Housewives of [insert base here] AFB, then you should stay in, too. Bonus points if you end up as swingers.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Knives Amilli posted:

Well looks like I got selected for an Officer Slot. :toot:

Hail Satan.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
hahahahaha

Let's take a minute and appreciate that AF management has hosed up pilot retention so badly that the goddamn POTUS has to authorize a pseudo-draft just to fix it.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

AFStealth posted:

200K+ per year to work 15 days a month in the airlines. All you do is show up and fly essentially. You’d be dumb not to do it.

I've been averaging 8-10 as a reserve in living in base, but to each their own.

xaarman posted:

What did you all do with your uniforms as you were getting out?

I have very little intention of doing the Guard/Reserves, and I have a ton of flight suits, blues, service dress and mess dress just taking up closet space.

Debating donating to the Airman's Attic unless there's some reason to hold onto them.

I'm saving mine for next year's Armed Forces Day parade so people will give me free poo poo.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

I'm leaning towards donating. I doubt I'll be the guy to talk about my AF life to grandkids unless it's anything more than "its a stepping stone to the next point in life" or "you need some direction."

I feel torn about tossing my service dress/mess dress, but they do nothing but collect dust - the ribbons haven't been updated in years. Maybe someone else will get some better use out of them.

edit: keeping the cold weather gear, OCPs and patches coz they are awesome

You realize enlisted service dress doesn't have epaulet holders or the sleeve braid right? Unless you think a hapless LT is so loving poor they shop around the Airman's Attic.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Prop Wash posted:

Well done on your job that pays better and has far fewer asspains involved. Please give us monthly updates in this thread so I can live vicariously through your posts.

Allow me to take you on a journey.

So, being in the Air Force is like staying with your girlfriend from high school. She was cute, you lost your virginity to each other, had graduated together, and she even helped you with your homework. You were high school sweethearts and thought that you would be together forever. There was another girl who had a huge crush on you. She was homely and had drug habit, but you were nice to her. You were just friends. Obviously you pick your GF instead. Obviously.

So, you get married, and she moves in with you. Her dad gets you a good job. It's awesome because you bypass being a broke kid and start making decent money right away. You even go to work and everyone gushes about how cute of a couple you and your wife are. You brag to your friends about how your wife cooks and cleans, how you get blowjobs anytime you want. Her dad (your boss) is rich, and has big plans for you. But no good thing lasts forever.

Eventually that cute, sweet high school love of yours starts feeling like what you offer isn't enough. Over the years, she gets fatter and fatter. The sex is less frequent. She doesn't cook anymore. The place is always a mess. She bitches about all the things you should do for her. You need to jump through all these hoops to please this now-300 lb dependa landwhale. All your friends you bragged to are hitting their strides in their career, living in the big city, making crazy money doing your same job, banging hot girls, and begging you to come out and work with them. Even your job has turned to poo poo where you do meaningless busywork. You're trapped in terrible, loveless marriage. Can't get divorced or you will lose your job.

All of a sudden that ugly girl you knew texts you one night. Turns out she kicked her drug habit, hit the gym, got some surgery, and is now an smoking hot Instagram model. She invites you to catch up at a party, where you go party, drink, do a little coke, and gently caress her and her hot friend. They take you and gangbang you, but your wife calls because the water heater broke and flooded the basement. You leave the model sex party and go home to your lovely house, have to listen to your fat bitch of a wife complain while you try to fix it, and then have to go to bed to get ready to work at your lovely job, for lovely pay and you think "why the gently caress am I putting up with this anymore?"

So you divorce your wife, quit your job, and move out of your house. You leave all your poo poo behind and move into a badass mansion with a harem where the girls somehow magically get hotter every year. Your friends get you a job where you make 5x what you made before doing half the work, and get a massive raise every year. And every 5 years you get a promotion into a BIGGER office with MORE pay and even LESS work than before. And you look back and think why the gently caress did you wait so long?

That is what it's like to be a military pilot who gets out and goes to the airlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Maybe I should turn it into an erotic fanfic at some point.

• Locked thread