Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

post cool planes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

link it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

incel or intel

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rekinom posted:

Haha look at these active duty bitches complaining

Y'all take this military poo poo waaaay too seriously. just come over to the reserve side and chill out for a bit while you make the active duty bitches do all the heavy lifting.

i was attached to 3rd ID during oif3, they were quizzing all the e-4s for an upcoming board they were holding the next week

one of them got smart and asked me for some reg, i was able to reply "bitch im guard. we don't see a board until e6"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Derek Dominoe posted:

Being chill is the good part about the Reserves and Guard. Deploying in such poor shape you have a stroke just sitting around a tent (happened) or not knowing the basics of your job so other people have to work harder (not exclusive to reservists but more common) is being a piece of poo poo.

i really think that reservist/guard medics bring a lot to the table tbh

we had a shitload of civilian EMT-B's, paramedics, and other medical fields who worked with trauma (especially gsw) every day. I'm in no way knocking active duty medics, but there's a lot that spend their enlistment sitting in a tmc doing sick call and inventory all day.

i'd say about 80% of the people in my unit were actively in school of some kind in their real life, which cut down on a lot of BS as well

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Derek Dominoe posted:

lazy... I'm sure (or at least hope) that's not the norm.

lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dscruffy1 posted:

I've got a dumb question that might come up for me in the next few years because I'm a fat-body. Isn't there some rule on PT tests if you fail abdominal but pass the other portions? I'm steadily creeping towards 39 inches but my run is sub-11 and the other parts haven't been an issue.

are you talking about taping?

realtalk get some dumbells and do some shrugs

I was 250 at 6'5" which is over by 38 lbs in the army but i had a 20" neck

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm 220 at 5'11, Air Force does waist taping as part of the PT test but can't be bothered with neck taping.

sucks to be you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive done night shift for 15 years now

you guys are pussies

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Softface posted:

I couldn't imagine doing 15 loving years.

i work 9pm-6am right now. i work from home though, so that helps.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Night shift is super bad for your health.

yeah. Sleep is the worst. You're always counting how many hours you got.

Making a consistent schedule and keeping to it keeps you from going crazy. I usually crash early friday nights so i can be up with the family for the weekend.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kuroyama posted:

Are these consistent night shifts, or were switching between nights and days every month? Because there's no way 5 years of that can be good for your health.

Constant, gently caress switching.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hamlet442 posted:

I did nights when I was deployed, 7pm to 7am, and it rocked. Most of the leadership went to bed by midnight and we had the night for ourselves. I was exempt from the Army's dumbass PT, I could go to the bathroom in peace, and the gym was empty if I felt like lifting at 2 am. My meals were backwards, but it wasn't too bad once you got used to having cereal for dinner.

this was my life at the CSH at Speicher for 1/2 my deployment. Sleep through the bullshit, work when it's not 130 degrees outside, leadership is a no-show

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

get out bitch

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

of the air force, not the thread

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

xaarman posted:

Officially on Terminal. Couldn't be happier, and very excited for things to come!

gently caress yes congrats

• Locked thread