Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
CSM: "D Horse, do it!"

Also CSM: "HEY YOU CLEAN THAT poo poo OFF MY SIDEWALK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Been visiting a buddy who has a full HOTAS setup, and a racing wheel with a three monitor display, along with a Vive. Holy poo poo, VR is amazing. Google Earth VR is probably worth it alone if you have it the room, and Super Hot VR is fun as gently caress. He threw me in some realistic military shooter's multiplayer, and my team got really mad when the first thing I did was flashbang all of them. Flew an F-15 around and crashed it when I tried to land at 450 knots.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Hitman is really fun. Crushed a guy with a massive stage display then threw a screwdriver into his wife's head and bugged out in his helicopter after compromising almost every disguise I used.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Do the first three Uncharted games hold up well? I hear the second one is one of the best games of last gen consoles and I just finished the 4th one and thought it was pretty good.

Naughty Dog is a really good studio.

I actually just played through 1 an 2 again a week or so ago, and they still stand up pretty well. Worth playing again if you haven't in a while. Haven't played through 3 yet, though, and never played it before so I can't speak to that one. The boss fight at the end of 2 still sucks pretty bad.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

It's my birthday, so I decided to get myself Destiny 2. Except I can't play it until October. Hopefully it won't crash and burn between launch and when I get home.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Anyone have Destiny 2 on Xbox :kiddo:?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

If none of my buddies buy it on Xbox I may have to do what I did for the first Destiny and buy it for my PS4 too. I'm the worst person.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

not caring here posted:

For someone who doesn't know poo poo about destiny, what's the sell for destiny 2?

It's like if Borderlands looked good and had fun shooting mechanics.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

As a "congratulations for having a computer again you idiot" gift, my buddy bought me Stellaris. Goodbye real world.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

For the record: I am stupid, but I'm not Mustang, thank you.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Sorry, the clarification had to be made.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The new Wolfenstein is one hell of a loving game.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

This is easily the best PS4 theme.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Why does microsoft not embrace cross platform play between PC and xbox games? Idiot loving high school friends are playing destiny on the xbox.

They do on certain games. I play Forza on my Xbox with my buddy who is on a PC all the time.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

God drat PUBG looks and runs like poo poo on the xbox, and the controls are pretty terrible too.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Alright, I'm staring down the barrel of two months of convalescent leave, during which I won't really be able to walk, so I need some game recommendations. I've got a PS4, Xbox One and a decent gaming laptop so I'm open to anything. I hear Battletech is where it's at right now, but I've also got The Witcher 3 with all the DLC which I haven't really played at all, along with a ton on other stuff. Not really into stuff that's too difficult, just something kind of easy to zone out and play. Was thinking of restarting a town in Stardew Valley.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Mother loving God of War

It’s really good

I actually finished that on Sunday. Just have all the post game collection and Valkyrie murdering left to do.

You're right, though, it is really good. I recommend it to anyone with a PS4, even if you didn't care much for the other games in that series. I didn't, but the new one is a whole other thing.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The two latest DLCs are barely worth playing. You'll finish the new missions in a couple of hours, and then it's back to grinding for higher level stuff to infuse.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

9 year old account, $189.43 / $131.40. Eh. I'm not really a PC guy. If I could go through and get a total for the 360/XBone it'd probably be like $5k.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My buddy has a nice HOTAS setup and a VR headset and spends probably 90% of his free time flying planes around in DCS. The last time I messed around with it I hit the flight ceiling in an F-15 and then tried to land on full afterburner and ended up cratering it into the runway. Fun stuff.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

If you like driving cars, and especially driving them like a crazy rear end in a top hat, then Forza Horizon 4 is the perfect game for you.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Fallom posted:

Is it better than Forza Horizon 3? drat game bored me to tears.

It's kind of more of the same, but better looking and with much better online features. I use it as something to do while listening to podcasts, or drinking with friends, so ymmv

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Every time this happens I keep debating on getting into Elite: Dangerous though. Maybe this time I will.

I have a buddy who plays a ton of that, has all the biggest ships in the game. He just smokes some weed and plays it like a space trucking sim.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

MGS2 and MGS3 HD are coming together Xbox One backwards compatibility today. Guess I'll have to play through them again!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The new Tetris is like Lumines but official Tetris. It's very good and I'm going to finish RDR2 tonight so I can get high as gently caress and play that all weekend.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 8, 2018

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Red Dead Online is even worse than GTA Online. What a joke.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

so what’s up with the shark cards or whatever cash grab

I don't know, I've been too busy murdering/getting murdered.

So you join these freeroam events. I've joined two. The first one ended up being a giant free for all with about 30 people where you got points for getting kills with sidearms. So I go through, don't win because the guns in that game are fine for shooting predictable AI but not actual people who are running and diving all over the place. The game ends and everyone is running around, but you can't shoot each other. Then the game dumps you back into the open world, but not where you were originally. I realized two things at that point:You're using your own bullets in the game, so I had no ammo, and it drops everyone that was in the match in the same part of the world where the match took place. You've got 30+ people in a very small area, so of course it immediately turns into a bloodbath. I try to get my horse but someone stole it, and then I get shot to death. The game doesn't respawn you at a camp or anything, it respawns you in the immediate area where you got killed. This means that people will just spawn kill over and over again. I killed the game from the menu at that point.

The second match I got into before the game started, and you can freely kill the other players before the game even starts. That match ended when the game crashed.

After that I said gently caress it and went to Blackwater and started killing every living thing I set my eyes on, with no repercussions except for bullets lost.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I hear that there's an ending to that game that sounds like the dumbest thing ever.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Kirby is your one true God.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Pre-loading AC7 while I'm in class :getin:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm telling you that DCS with a good HOTAS and VR is loving incredible.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So how’s Ace Combat then? How’s online?

I guess people didn’t get the Ace Combat 5 code immediately with their copy which sucks I guess

It's good. Looks great, feels good with a controller at least. Story is some dumb poo poo that doesn't matter, but there's plenty of varied missions. Multiplayer is fun, doesn't seem like there's a specific air superiority fighter yet, so you can use whatever you want and not just get wrecked. It's a bit of a grind to get all the planes though, but you unlock them in the same tree for campaign and multiplayer so it's not the worst. There is a multiplayer only upgrade tree, which gives you a lot of options for customization. It's fun. If you're into planes or want a good arcade flight game it's worth $60, otherwise it's a solid $40 game.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I keep doing missions where it'll be like "first half, ground assault" so I'll take an A-10 with A2G missiles, then the second half is all dogfighting so I'm trying to take out SU-30s and poo poo in an A-10. It's dumb and fun.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I bought a Switch on Friday. It's great, picked up Mario Odyssey, Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu, and Smash Bros. I'm really enjoying all three, but can't decide which to keep playing. Also, those three games took up almost all of the internal memory so I went to the Best Buy for an SD card. Best they had was 64 gigs for $50, and I checked Amazon and they had a 128 gig for $25 shipped. So, that'll be here Wednesday.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Best buy deserves to die. If you can wait for something, Amazon is better, if you need it today, pray there's a Fry's near you.

No Fry's around her sadly. One of the dudes at best buy was like "oh we price match" and I was like "cool" but we got a to the register and he checked the Amazon listing and was like "oh, yeah, see, so we only price match if it's being sold by Amazon themselves, not just fulfilled by them" which is dumb as hell.

Edit:^^^ no wireless headphones, but it has a headphone jack. Online chat is a été clusterfuck that I don't plan to touch because it has to go through a phone app.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

mods changed my name posted:

uhh go outside you dumbass ahaha just a lil NZ joke for you

:captainpop:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

How is it on Xbox One X?

Runs great. Haven't had any problems.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I got a Switch and Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon and Katamari :getin:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Katamari is on switch :stare:

I just got that side scrolling Mario port, that’s def going to be next.

Oh yeah :madmax: it's a remaster of the first game with some additional challenges and stuff.

As far as Hollow Knight goes, it looks good but I'm terrible at that kind of sidescroller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

EBB posted:

I got invited to the Division 2 private beta this weekend, and I have 3 friend codes. Who wants to try it?

I'll give it a shot.