Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Played a few rounds with random people, it's a lot of fun. I have yet to git gud at Titanfall 2 but if anyone wants to add me I'm Nuketourist on Origin.

I finally got to play some frontier defense yesterday, poo poo's awesome. I love dominating choke points with scorch. Hopefully this update brings some of the player base back if they haven't dropped in for new maps yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

suboptimal posted:

I'm decent at the PVP multiplayer but I've always felt that Frontier Defense does the best job of portraying Pilots as these unstoppable killing machines, gunning down infantry before they knew what hit them and destroying titan after titan. Yesterday, I massacred a squad of grunts, stole a battery out of an enemy titan, then called in my titan to crush another one, and plugged the battery into my titan just after it fell to give it invulnerability for a few seconds while I destroyed two more titans. poo poo owned, and it felt like something out of the trailer for the original TF:

https://youtu.be/N1vqjJRcCzg

In conclusion, game good buy game.

A legion whittled away the health of four enemy titans trying to make their way through a choke point, and I killed all four with scorch's flame core. :feelsgoodman:

The TF2 singleplayer trailer did a good job with the 'invincible killing machine part', too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqeMjHmL9eg

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

wanna wear hot pants and punk boots on my PUBG dude

Gimme a flannel shirt tied up to show my stomach and I've got my look nailed

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sega is launching it's own licensed ROM machine called the flashback with 85 games. Reviewers poo poo all over it, and the manufacturer is blaming faulty units.

Pretty good pre-launch imo

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gee I wonder why he doesn't post here he'd fit right in

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Gonna guess "On Killing", which is garbage for numerous reasons.

must be a world where marines don't use machine guns for supressive fire ever

one shot one kill oorah(and .7 bullet to zero)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The number is 1.3 rounds per kill for snipers while deployed in Vietnam I guess, probably bullshit but plausible if you pretend line units don't make up the vast majority of combat units. Also debbadawgs apparently get real mad if you refer to them as marine soldiers

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Titanfall 2 MP matches are usually only 15 min long, which is nice, but frontier defense will usually last a half hour.

PUBG? lol either 2 minutes if you go hard or 30 minutes if you want a chicken dinner.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Until you end up on wargames on anything harder than easy

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey cole smoke weed and start playing the new updates in no man's sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w

props to them for still updating a game people stopped caring about a year ago, but also lol for the same reason

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, and on the topic of card games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ5hYlWQ3vk

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like doom music

If the fish is flashing yellow, do you hit x to rip out it's spine?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fractured but Whole's difficulty slider :lol:

Cartman says "Don't worry, it doesn't effect combat, just every other aspect of your life"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Is this a submission to one of those crowd-sourced ad competitions or something? Or did coke really pay cash money for something this bad?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Steal until you are too heavy to move. Then steal more.

draw your bow but don't fire, and you'll still walk at normal pace(or at least this worked pre-special edition HD SUPER MAXXX REZ ULTRA)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
cuphead hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaYKOQWooaU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

The first one did. For reasons I can't remember, you got merged with an elf badass' soul and he can do cool poo poo.

I almost forgot about the 'oh gently caress we're out of money' ending

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I preloaded it, looking forward to murdering Nazis on Friday

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
CAROLINE, GIMME YER WIINNGS

CAROLINE

CAROLIIIINE

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Yes. There’s plenty of “real” WW2 to cover aside from yet another rehash of Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

A game where you play as the Imperial Japanese Army, featuring a qte where you grow bamboo in a dude's rear end and the 'collectibles' are Chinese babies that you bayonet in hidden corners of each map.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lol, who's been evolving your avatar?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
EA's doing a really good job of damage control. They announce that the amount of points you need to unlock heroes is lowered, but don't mention that they also lowered the amount of points you get per round so it just takes the exact same amount of time. Then they removed the refund button from their website and make you call to receive a refund.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Time to start a #breakyourorigin campaign, it'll be like break your keurig, but you just burn origin.exe onto a cd and break that. That'll show 'em!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The newest lol thing is that you can get a star card with a quasi aim bot.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because kb+m will stomp a controller on every shooter game

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're only fun with groups. Playing it alone it's paranoid scavenging before getting headshotted across a valley or blown away in town. I can't get into a groove the way I can with titanfall or other shooters, so I just get frustrated with dying all the time.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love the end of the last mission too. Like the most ridiculous grindhouse movie outside of some Indonesian poo poo

It also makes me think we've been double-owl-creek-bridged and BJ's been dead since the execution :(

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 26, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Star citizen is selling land now

How the gently caress do you burn through 160m in 5 years with nothing to show for it but a lovely alpha

Hopefully the game dies with the queen in 2018, but I'm afraid there's plenty more to milk out of this autistic pipe dream

Edit: fuckin :lol:

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/935617124273475584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 1, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
http://twitchhighlights.tv/clips/TransparentPlumpDragonflyThisIsSparta

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Should have linked one of 14 inch dicks threads showing his descent into insanity

The Nebraska truck would be a great sequel idea for summer car, but you'd need to mash both years together

Press x to burn keep for warmth/shits and giggles
(-90 reputation with djdaddo,
+50 reputation with internet)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played it for almost a year, I wonder how much money I'll get next time I log in.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:lol: Destiny 2 just pulled a Destiny 1 and locked previously-available content behind the new DLC

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

What content got locked?

Edit: they pushed the level required for some Prestige end-game stuff up higher than the level cap available for vanilla Destiny 2. You have to buy the expansion just so you can unlock a higher level cap and play a harder version of those game modes.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/6/16743276/destiny-2-curse-of-osiris-content-locked-prestige-nightfall-raid

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 7, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PUBG on Xbone is uhhh...not so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGBwrJ6rtI

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess the star citizen collapse might happen sooner than I thought. It's been a good news week so far.

edit: bonus points if it leaks that Chris Roberts violated the contract on purpose to give them an excuse to quit making star citizen

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 13, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

reading the sc reddit feels like reading t_d right now lol

just checked it out, god drat what a bunch of retards(in sc and t_d)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Redeye Flight posted:

The descriptors for the difficulty settings are kind of a tragedy. They drive people away from the difficulties where you really get the feeling the game wants you to have, of being this ludicrous unstoppable Nazi killing machine.

I get why they're still using them, but it's still a shame.

The game tells you that the angrier you are, the more violent the difficulty setting you choose, the more masculine you become. If you choose the least violent option, the game literally depicts the character as a baby. Avoiding violence is thus presented as not manly. Therefore

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But actually, upgrade the assault rifle with a scope as quick as you can. Three rounds or one headshot is all you need for most dudes at normal difficulty. The laser gun kills those huge ubersoldats with one charge.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

Was ultima 8 the one where they tried to feature jumping?

I just remember that one wasn't reviewed well.

So in crossout, I've been seal clubbing lower strength players because high power score play isn't fun yet. I built a minivan that launches drones out that do all the work while I run around, toot horns, and shoot a machine gun to strip weapons off of people.

They still use the geneva convention in the wasteland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

I have mixed feelings on pc v1.0. I like all the changes I've seen, the new machine gun is fun, vaulting, new map, etc. But as soon as I get shot my game locks up for 1-2 full seconds during which time...you guessed it! I'm getting lit the gently caress up. I'm effectively one-shotted every time. More than a bit frustrating.

That sucks, I've had a pretty good time with the update. I get rubber banding in the first minute after I drop, but it runs fine otherwise.

The Xbox launch of hilariously lovely, though, but it should get better with time. Hopefully they didn't totally gently caress themselves