Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The answer to any question "nice inexpensive furniture" is Ikea and it always will be.

Their $20 desk tops are dogshit and get scratched if you so much as breathe on them but they're $20 desk tops so I can't complain. I got a setup with two adjustable trestle legs that looks pretty nice and only cost me like $60 altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The core of Dark Souls is the bosses, though.

I totally get that but I feel the same way as him. I have a ton of fun exploring and picking up cool loot and killing guys and kind of resent it when my progress is blocked by a boss.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Apparently the big fancy 20th anniversary Diablo 3 patch is just a regular adventure mode dungeon with a graphical filter on it, and you're only allowed to play it in January

Hope nobody got their hopes up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEqHl9Wf6mE&t=118s

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

reddit.com/r/buildapc is a good place to go to get a build set up for you based on whatever budget you give the autists

rule #1 is to actually establish a budget before you start looking for stuff

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did they seriously ban the first streamer for wearing a trump hat

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mike-o posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

every time i hear razer, i think of this wonderful series of posts by kirk

razer is loving awful and I wish their laptops didn't look so neat because i know what filth lurks beneath their surface

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Watching Jeff Gerstmann of Giantbomb play Titanfall 2 -

Lol it's a completely loving different game on consoles with a gamepad. Guess I made a mistake buying on PC.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

What's apparently different on consoles?

The way slower pace of aiming of others makes it a lot likely you'll get instantly railgunned the second you show up on someone else's screen, and dealing with the movement of other pilots seems more manageable when they're not doing instant 180s with the mouse all the time.

Kind of the same thing as always with FPS games on gamepads vs. mouse & keyboard, just ratcheted up a little. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nintendo has a lot of balls asking money for their trash online services

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Switch seems like a neat console but I thought it was supposed to be Nintendo's emergency fix for the Wii U bombing so hard. It just seems like they didn't learn any lessons and put out an alternate universe Wii U.

Still, looking forward to buying one in 2 years when it's $200 and has a bunch of pack-in games.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Have a dumb clicker, I wanted to put this in drunk thread but gently caress you every thread is drunk thread

http://jhollands.co.uk/spaceplan/

Hell yeah

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Anybody play the new Resident Evil?

Just polished off the demo tonight and bought the full PC version from cdkeys for $38. It's one of those rare instances where's there's a nice, detailed free demo with unique content to sell you on the full game.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

[HOONIGAN] LET'S GO HOONIN Y'ALL #HOONMYBALLS

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustang posted:

How the gently caress do you guys beat Witcher 3? I feel like I've put a poo poo ton of hours into this game and I still have a ton of poo poo left to do without even touching the DLC.

It took me something like 140 hours

Just keep at it, man. The main story stuff moves fairly quickly so if you're bored of side questing make sure you keep the story moving.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I thought Halo 4 was legit good idk why everyone hated it

Because they didn't think it was good

Does Reach work well on Xbone backwards compatibility yet? I tried to play it a year ago and it ran at like 15 fps.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No way I could handle that game in VR. I'd have a heart attack.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Where's that dude with the epically sad life who kept melting down in the Forza thread whenever people didn't want to play by his made up rules

He would post leaderboard screenshots of goon matches and always be in last place

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I can't advance in RE7 until I shoot the spider lady in her crotch hive enough times

Didn't do it well enough the first time I guess

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That devs couldn't even hold 30 FPS as a standard on the PS4 and Xbone was extremely pathetic imo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't think Planescape actually takes all that much time to complete

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I played it a few years ago and even with fan patches it still crashed constantly on my Windows 7/8 machine. There's no remastered edition.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

playing online shooters on pc is a nightmare anymore. ive aged out of em =/

I like how in BF1 you can top the leaderboard without even killing anyone. They've gotten a lot better about rewarding people for teamplay and not just kills.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

probably wouldn't have been reall, , ask the MWO guys. The only time I ever get on to play is after a few drinks, and playing games like that get me all keyed up so I have to drink more to relax and then I just end up really wasted and singing prince songs or something awful

This was Dota 2 for me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sniping in BF1 makes me want to slam my balls in a car door

Gonna give up on the sniper medals and just try to ride iron sight rifles to level 10, which suck in a different but slightly lesser way

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

For Honor is cool but definitely not a day 1 60 dollar purchase.

Seemed to suck dog dick but I just played 30 minutes and turned it off. It's like a lovely Chivalry. Who puts out a peer-to-peer online game in 2017?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Two Finger posted:

anyone else getting mass effect andromeda when it drops? i preordered which is like the first preorder for me in loving years

3's single was pretty good but the multiplayer was dope as gently caress so i'm hoping to get some groups together

i'll be playing on xbone

Waiting for the reviews. Heard way too many stories of higher-ups leaving and other troubled development stuff for me to do something silly like preordering.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DA:2 is total loving trash and I say that as someone who played through the whole trilogy within the last year. DA:3 is only slightly behind it.

DA:1 owned, though. It holds up really well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

For reals though multicrew is going to be a game changer for newbies Elite. I can crank out almost 2m/hour in bounty vouchers in my Corvette. I would love to spread some of that around.

Does getting to that point quickly unveil some new gameplay features? Seems like the whole fun of Elite is the progression.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ded posted:

Oh hey. Fallout 4 has a high rez texture pack now.

It is 54.7gb

I hear the difference is pretty minor.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bethesda games usually give you a character with a blank slate and let you do whatever with them, which appeals to a large group of players. It doesn't seem ridiculous for people to be disappointed about that going away.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

lol they sacrificed great storytelling since well, forever

bethesda known for good stories

Yeah Bethesda has trash writers and refuses to get better. It's hilarious how some people act like it's not fair to compare the game to Fallout: New Vegas and only compare Fallout 4 to Fallout 3.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It'd be really nice if Nintendo just put their stupid games out on normal consoles instead of wasting their time on this crap.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I've been reading the switch thread for pure mainline schadenfreude it's great

Where is it? I can't find it in Games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought a mint condition Game Boy with the neon pink fanny pack and a ton of games at a thrift store a couple months ago for $40

Totally worth it

I've kind of been keeping an eye out for GBA SPs in decent shape. That was really my golden age of playing Game Boys, though I have fond memories of endlessly replaying Link's Awakening on my original.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hellboy is the only good thing about this world

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Been playing Zelda for a couple hours on my Wii U. Seems pretty good, though the graphics are rear end and the frame rate bogs down pretty badly in a lot of spots. From what I can tell it's the same on the Switch.

You can do everything with the Pro controller so you don't have to hold that stupid tablet.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shyduck posted:

Try to get a screen protector for it if you can. Apparnetly it scratches easily, especially with the dock if you're not careful

I'm not shocked, Nintendo products tend to have poo poo screen durability despite being relatively rugged in other ways. I'm sure goons are acting like you'd have to be some kind of idiot retard to get so much as a blemish on your device, though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's pretty weird coming from people who probably already have a Wii U and thus could be playing the 99.9% identical version of the only game worth playing on the Switch without having to buy a new console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So apparently Nintendo has once again given their expensive new device plastic screens and also made the device scratch its own screen when used