Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ded posted:

MGS5:PP - I had no idea I had to 'accept' all the challenge rewards.

So much poo poo to click on.

there is an accept all button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Rat posted:

MGS5: gently caress youuuuuuuuu episode 29. That was so loving stupid. I basically sprinted around in circles the whole time while Quiet pinged off the Skulls. Once she had killed a couple, I could slow down and take enough time to aim a rocket launcher.

I tend to hate boss fights and MGS is no exception to the rule. One minute its a stealth game the next you're fighting weird, pseudo science super soldiers.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I also just hate bullet sponge enemies in FPS games as a means of increasing difficulty and that's what most bosses are in FPSs.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 3, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

That being said I love the weapons in MGSV and any slight problems I have with boss fights is over shadowed by shooting dudes in the head with retro 80s era weapons while a helicopter over head is playing 99 luftballoons.

I'd suck dick for a FN FNC with silencer IRL.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_FNC

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The new zelda is scratching an exploration itch in a way I haven't felt in a really long time. It makes me want to go backpacking and climb mountains the same way reading "The Hobbit" does.

Its up there with the first time I explored FFXI with my high school friends, emerged from the vault in fallout 3, or just went out exploring in dayz with friends looking for gear and just enjoying walking around a forest searching abandoned buildings

Also out of all the open world games how is zelda the first one to make a decent climbing mechanic?

PookBear fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 6, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

I played the gently caress out of MGS2 when it came out and somehow love it in spite of the poo poo controls. I don't think I'd touch it if I'd never tried it before and someone tried to get me to play it right now.

there are a lot of really iconic play station/ps2 games that I could never get into because of incredibly poo poo control schemes. It's all weird and clunky fixed camera bullshit.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 16, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I really really hope they haven't fallen prey to the thing where a game/movie/show becomes more and more popular until its mainstream so the people in charge for mass appeal instead of staying true to its roots

Mass effect and zelda are my fiance's two favorite series. She hates open world games though, so if mass effect sucks she's gonna be sad.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

They look like ventriloquist dummies.

yeah its looks like something made in gary's mod.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why would you preorder games in 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

HDI is digging Eve: Valkyrie on psvr. Apparently it's more like an Elite game than PC Eve.

yeah valkyrie is the dogfighter game while eve is a 15 year old MMO

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man that reminds me I need to finish shadowrun hongkong

I loving love cyber punk but few people do it well. It's kind of a fine line between over the top, gritty, dystopian setting and going too far and being a caricature of itself.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 19, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Watching fiance play ME:A and she had a bug where all the guns stopped firing. Turns out the game just removed some of the keybinding for some loving reason? Thank god the internet exists because I'm not sure I would have ever thought it was a key binding problem.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Oh he'll survive to ME3. I'm betraying mordin in the tower and killing wrex in the citadel encounter later for the pathos. Also going destroy ending. Humans only bitches. Joker's real doll goes in the scrap heap.

mods please ban this spacist filth

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

Avoid arma at all costs my friend.

I played arma II with goons and there was a muslim goon from Egypt who always flew the helo and crashed while screaming his allah ackbars

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Yeah, that server's loving nuts. But I'm trying to get all the weapon unlocks, and that's the best server I've found for farming kills. I've also managed to kick off political arguments in chat, and get a few people banned (for 20 years, iirc) by baiting them into using words that the server will auto-ban for.

what words does it autoban?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Does anyone here play FFXIV? When I stopped playing the only advancement was running dungeons over and over again. Did they ever add alternate, non instanced ways to get gear? I'm a sucker for MMOs and I miss exploring for gear and hunting down rare monsters. I don't want instanced tunnel dungeons.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man, I really miss the community of dedicated servers. I logged in to insurgency and my favorite servers were all dead. RIP.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

roguelikes are good though?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm finally getting close to finishing dark souls 3.Good god do I hate bosses that resurrect after you 'kill' them.

Also the game is pretty but bleak and depressing as hell.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm trying to play kotor 2 but I can't get into it. The controls are just too clunky.

I did beat dark souls 3 today though. Just have archdragon peak and smoldering lake left.

confession: I still don't really know how to parry I just beat everything by smacking and then rolling constantly.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 5, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

did you find untended graves?

also it would help if they didnt change the parry timing in every game

yeah

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I just wish more games had co-op. Mashing through diablo with fiance and her brother was the most fun I've had playing multiplayer coop games in a long time

Original halo co-op was peak console gaming

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

E sports ain't my thing and thus I'd be totally willing to let it lie but they make it so cringe worthy by trying to emulate ~real~ sports by having them wear jerseys w sponsors, having obnoxious rapid fire announcers, and doing promos where the dudes post up and try to look hard. I also saw a commercial for a vice special on e sports that featured a shot of a dude working out in the gym to prep for his Starcraft match against his rival.

thats mainly stuff like csgo, dota 2 is a bit more normal as long as its an online tournament

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bolow posted:

Dancing around the NDA a bit

Initial Impressions of Quake Champions: There's a pretty good game here buried under some real dumb loving design decisions but it's still early days so it's likely to change.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/

Unreal Tournament is in alpha but is free to play as well

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So new call of duty is in WW2 I guess

I wonder if they're gonna rewrite wwII history so that every german soldier was issued a stg 44 with eotech

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

alien swarm reactive drop is a lot of fun, would anyone want to play together this weekend?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxHuoI9fkgk

since we were on the subject of cringy esports earlier

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its because they want to gently caress highly successful eurotrash techno star basshunter

basshunter plays eve online and is in goonswarm 100% serious

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm Pooki Bear on goonfleet.com

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

I downloaded Eve Online again yesterday.

:shepicide:

do you want some isk? I've done like 37 supercap scams lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i never played eve but the scam stories were always fun to read

I found a husband, wife, and roommate who all played eve together in hisec and got the husband to send me not only his stuff but all of their stuff too. His wife and roommate were not happy to come home to no isk or assets lmao.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Two Finger posted:

Seems like I have Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong. Is there any kind of order I should play these in

nah they're all seperate storylines

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

KFFF and I just played a round it was pretty fun if not futile

round of what?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm trying to play with HCT now and he's struggling with discord. Anyone else want in on this?

post the discord link in here

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

we should goonsquad together and play arma 3 coop missions

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

taking out someone's squad with a shotgun is dope as hell

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The white circle was largely over water so our four man crew hopped in a boat and just drove around to make it hard to hit. This other crew sees us and hops in a boat to come brawl. What they didn't know was earlier I had looted a saw

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Me when two finger is begging on comms for me to come save him

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

get on my level scrubs :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008