Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The third boss in Nioh took me four hours to beat. About 2/3 of that time was figuring out the best combination of weapons and stances to use.

Good lord that was frustrating and super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nioh looks very cool

it's pretty rad. I like it more than Souls cuz nioh is a lot more fun combat wise

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm pumped for Horizon Zero Dawn. The combat looks rad as gently caress.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea Fallout 4 was not great.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta for a bit. It was cool and I pre-ordered it because I enjoy playing Tier 1 Barbie Narcos dress up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Raises hand

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I would love to have sat in on these meetings.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ive seen them around. Guess there wont be a price drop anytime soon

once people hacked them to work on PC everyone grabbed them

Go on

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jesus Christ Horizon Zero Dawn is a gorgeous video game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

are you on a pro or regular ?

Pro. Doesn't matter much for Horizon. It's still a looker on OG hardware.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
At this point the PS4 is simply one of the best consoles ever. This is the perfect time to grab one. It's a great system.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sony has been doing so much right this iteration of consoles. Even the PSVR and Pro are doing well. Like it's hard to recommend a slim over a Pro even if you don't own a 4K tv. The cost difference alone is worth is for the larger hdd.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I believed last year and I still do that VR will only be normalized by Sony's PSVR.

They're the only game in town that can hit household penetration rate and meet an agreeable price point. But don't loving tell goons that. They're so keyed up on PC solutions.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nintendo operates in a vacuum. They do not care at all to even be considered as a competitor to the other two. I imagine this is why much of their business seems to be bizarre. We're all perceiving Nintendo to be the third player in the video game space when they're truly the only player in the Nintendo space.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FastestGunAlive posted:

That's ridiculous. Like you, I like Nintendo cause it's what I "grew up with" but none of their main consoles have appealed to me since n64 (handhelds still good tho). I feel like all they should stop trying so hard to innovate and just do a "standard console". If they made VC more robust they could really milk that nostalgia money.

If Nintendo made a typical console, they'd probably fail outright. Being weird and highly protective of their crazy line-up is why they do OK. Again, Nintendo is basing success partially on their terms. That's my thought with how they operate anyway.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Horizon Zero Dawn is remarkably excellent. Honestly, the Killzone developers created this game. Unbelievable jump in quality into a vastly different genre.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

HZD is really good

Slow for the first two hours and then boy does the game get going.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I really do want to play the new Zelda. The only switches around here are scalpers selling them for 375+

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's also on wii u and I'm told it looks nearly the same and performs a bit better

Yea I saw that. I've got plenty to keep me busy what with Horizon and Mass Effect Andromeda coming out soon

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For real I have a hard time believing the Killzone developers made Horizon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea man I'll take that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Capn Beeb posted:

Are Pro PS4s really worth the extra money?

Yes absolutely. With the forthcoming boost mode, there is a net benefit for un-patched titles as well.

Got the code thanks N4D!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

does hzd scratch the mgsv itch

Raiding bandit camps feels similar to taking out Russians in mgsv by a bit

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Horizon does a nice job of making the robot animal combat very engaging. Playing the game on hard lends a nice challenge to it. Any lowly robot is capable of killing Aloy in 2-3 hits. You have to be thinking about each battle.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Aloy is a cool character. She can get real loving sassy in her relies, which is hilarious. Her voice actor is terrific.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I bought Ghost Recon Wildlands because it's Barbie Narcos

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Can I live out all of my Sicario masturbation fantasies?

I was playing as a Emily Blunt lady during the beta so yea.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Booblord what system are you on for sicario barbie

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We should do GiP sicario this weekend

Go ahead and finish your meal.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's on amazon prime

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Watching Sicario tonight again for like the sixth time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This dude is rad as hell

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I like how they basically put Mike Vining in the movie.

Yea the resemblance is too much to be a coincidence.

"I've got a boner."

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've got it on PS4.

bird_law111

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

A Bad Poster posted:

Why have I not watched this before? Holy poo poo.

What system are most people getting Ghost Recon for? I'd be down to roll with a GiP crew, since none of my buddies are going to buy it. I usually play on Xbox, but I could play it on my PS4.

Did you get to the sunset tunnel scene? It's loving wild.

bloops fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 8, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I suggest everyone turns off the in-game music for GRW and plays the Sicario soundtrack via Spotify. Game is much better that way.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's just a good old-fashioned bad opinion right there.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Played Ghostlands with my dad and brother lastnight. Listening to my brother scream "Goddam it why aren't there rudder controls ont his loving airplane" and "What the poo poo is going on with this helicopter" was pretty great

This is me. I abhor the flying controls.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Agreed. Though I kinda feel like they didn't add enough guns and mods in the game itself

I also agree. GRW makes me wanna play MGS V again.

The game works and plays ok. It's just that everything about it is lesser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey N4D, I have yet to redeem the Dirt Rally codes. My time has been sucked up with Horizon and GRW.

If someone else wants dope Dirt Rally stuff, I can pass the code onto them.