Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Just got a tax return, how much should it cost to build a good gaming PC? Do you guys have it connected to a monitor on a desk or run an HDMI to the TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Buca di Bepis posted:

reddit.com/r/buildapc is a good place to go to get a build set up for you based on whatever budget you give the autists

rule #1 is to actually establish a budget before you start looking for stuff

That's awesome thanks. Do I need special tools or solder or anything? I grew up with Macs and only ever played on Xbox before now.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Okay, and all parts connect to each other?

I'll get a case of beer when the parts come in and spend a few hours assembling things.

Have you guys used PC Part Picker? Are there better tools to figure out what goes together?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I just want to play Arma at max settings but I'm pretty sure you guys have moved on to new games. What's the GiP game of the month?

Thanks for all the advice. I feel good about this.