Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Girlfriend's brother got me Destiny on the PS4 for Christmas. Finally sat down and played it, actually kinda digging it now. They did a really good job on the updates it seems because starting from scratch the leveling was fun, itemization is easy to figure out and the gunplay/controls feel way crisper than when I tried it on the PS3 at launch. Neat poo poo, plus the story feels like if Asimov wrote Star Wars fanfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I love MGS but, gently caress I hate going from playing the entire game sneaky to being forced into a swarm of skulls that are shooting at you as soon as the cutscene ends. Play your way my rear end.

I died at the swarm on the airbase so many times until I realized the AA gun was mountable. THat only took one try as I cackled with glee

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

There's a 30mm AA thing in the area right in front of the entrance to the airport's terminal. You jump on that, they will funnel at you from the Northside, you just unload on them as they march to their deaths

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=DUpPYvELLB8&video_start=1&audio=QdgCajndgNw&audio_start=1

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Two Finger posted:

wait so are games art

Only indie roguelikes with pixel graphics and sound tracks inspired by mumblecore movies

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
PS Undertale is for garbage people and sad brains. ANy game that tries to make me feel bad for doing good wet-work can s my d

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Which forums does he mod?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The new Conan game has potential. Looks like they're going for Dark Souls meets Rust/OG Day Z/etc. The floppy dick physics are on point

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Handsome Ralph posted:

The only game I've bought pre alpha that I didn't regret was Kerbal Space Program.

Oh and The Long Dark.

Insurgency and ARMA III were good Alpha pick ups for me. That said, ARMA III was more fun in alpha because much like Bethesda, the bugs are better than the features

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

after having played it for a few hours, i disagree. the actual progression and unlock tree seems pretty shallow, and the combat is loving godawful. maybe theyll unfuck it but id stay away for now, especially at the 30 buck price they want for it

That's pretty fair. It's pretty shallow right now and the controls are wonky, but it shows some promise in what they're going for, who knows if it will be realized, but the potential is there

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

makes sense you would think the first souls game you played is harder than a subsequent one ;)

I'd argue 2 is the hardest but only due to the dlc content. The standard game is easy for a From game

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Fallout 4 is just a video game based off of the hit History Channel series "American Pickers" but for some reason the people fromt he show refused to do voice work and they got the "Aliens!" guy and "Shows about guns" people to make it instead

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm still kinda pumped for Wildlands because GI Joe GTA seems like a really fool proof concept. Can't wait for Ubi to show me that I'm the real fool

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

I hope they fixed the vehicle controls because they were janky as gently caress.

They didn't seem that bad to me after having just finished Far Cry 3

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh hell yes. I'm one of those weirdos who thinks DS2 was the best in the series.

Same, but I picked it up on the PS4 as SotFS after playing 1 years before, so I feel like I didn't get a lot of the bullshit a lot of people dealt with at launch

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

subterfudge posted:

They have a VTOL take on the AC-130 in the most recent expansion.

An Apache?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Only reason to own Nintendo anything is MarioKart games, so you just wait for the system to offically flop and grab one on ebay or the local pawnshop for $150

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

:mad:

Mike Tyson's Punchout
Metroid
Mario 3
Galaxy 5000
Zelda 2
Castlevania 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Tecmo Super Bowl
loving CONTRA

In short, SMDFTB.

Edit: I've got an N64 in a box somewhere around here.

TMNT 2
FF1
Rad Racer
Mario 2
After Burner
Tiger Heli
Commando
Ikari Warriors
Bad Dudes
River City Ransom
the entire Bases Loaded and Little League series

NES was great

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I got a friend of mine in the 4th grade grounded for a week because we were playing NARC on his NES and I got the high score, so I did the classic "Make your initials a swear" thing

His dad (the Baptist Chaplin at Ft. Campbell at the time) went to play it a few days later, saw "rear end" and my friend ended up digging his mom a new garden and painting the houses' trim instead of playing videogames and baseball that week

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

pretty funny considering the overall content of NARC

Murdering masses of druggies is pretty much the best thing you could do in a videogame in the eyes of a Southern Baptist Chaplin back then. And probably now

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

Yet Doom is considered satanic even though you murder scores of demons :confused:

Ha, his dad was actually super relaxed all things considered, he just really hated swearing and the Florida State football team in equal measure.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Baseball games peaked int he NES/SNES/SEGA era, everything since has been kinda lovely gameplay wise in comparison

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bengy81 posted:

MLB Power Pros was the best Wii game, hands down, probably one of my favorite sports games of all time. So of course it's fitting that Konami would kill it.

I'm a pretty big fan of The Show series but I can understand why people wouldn't necessarily like it.

Was that the cartoony looking one? Because if so, yeah, that one was really fun and reminded me of the old RBI baseball series

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bengy81 posted:

Yeah that's the one.

Biggest complaint I had was the the story mode got dangerously close to being "anime."

I remember that, that's an accurate comparison. Also the game looked like a 3D version of South Park

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

that sounds tedious as gently caress

The Souls series and Diablo 2 are the only ones I can think of that gets gear degradation to the point where it isn't a massive "gently caress you we're adding play time and choice related content" without them bothering to make it fun or even strategic

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

I really do want to play the new Zelda. The only switches around here are scalpers selling them for 375+

It's also on wii u and I'm told it looks nearly the same and performs a bit better

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I've heard switch when played on the tv has a terrible time with fps drops too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

does hzd scratch the mgsv itch

No :(

It scratches the Far Cry, Monster Hunter and kinda Shadow of the COlossus itch, though

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

HZD isn't revolutionary but it is very good. If you own a PS4 you should at least check it out.

Also it is drop dead gorgeous.

Yeah, I was playing it a bit lastnight at my brother's place and the little lady commented that it was Disney's Brave meets mad Max. I felt it was an accurate description

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Woof Blitzer posted:

N64 Smash is like moving through molasses.

Thats why Smash is so popular, a fighting game less about skill and more about memorizing the meta game's ins and outs

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I had a bug in beta where when I would kill someone with a headshot, their body dropped to the ground and started doing the swimming/falling animation but staying in one spot

It was wonderful and made me drop $70 for the deluxe edition

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

Booblord what system are you on for sicario barbie

PS4 when it finally arrives tomorrow :(

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My favorite thing is the plot is "The DoJ hosed up so hard in the eyes of the State Dept that it became a DoD problem"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

This dude is rad as hell

Yeah Michael Westen is no joke, but Sam Axe is the real go to guy

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Played Ghostlands with my dad and brother lastnight. Listening to my brother scream "Goddam it why aren't there rudder controls ont his loving airplane" and "What the poo poo is going on with this helicopter" was pretty great

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Ghost recon is most fun just flying around trying to find new weapons, stumbling across missions, and then clearing a base quietly and then OH gently caress THEY SAW ME

It's a poor man's MGSV control-wise but playing with a buddy more than makes up for it.

Agreed. Though I kinda feel like they didn't add enough guns and mods in the game itself

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
GRW has made me want a Czech 806 IRL

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Playing GRW with old dudes owns, Lastnight my dad and one of his buddies (my older bros godfather in fact) were running around doing supply missions and my dad and his friend started just telling old rear end stories from the late 70s and early 80s from when they were stationed in Sinop and Thailand, then hen my dad's buddy realized he was missing his sniper shots due to bullet drop he got super excited and saying things like "Holy poo poo, they have that in games now?! He also kept running my dad over with the armored car and laughing his rear end off about it. He was easily the worst player I've seen so far, but the most fun, too. But he's 67 and this is his first time playing a videogame since Mech Warrior 3 so he gets some slack

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Man, Horizon Dawn and Ghost Recon have really bad voice work.

Though the chick doing Karen Bowman knocks it out of the park in the mission briefs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

There's a line in Ghost Recon about drinking at Sharky's in Fayetteville. It made me laugh.

There's one when one of the team guys sees a giant mausoleum and comments on wanting one like that for himself, another asks him if he's suddenly become a SEAL. Made me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

everything about whats happening in this scene is real questionable, but especially from 1:40-1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqVsNOqMWyA&t=100s

:stonk:

LOL the faces actually look worse than the original