Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Played FFXV and I'm like level 30 and I would like to say I think Witcher 3 is superior in just about every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the bosses of the original dark souls were pretty cool

finally beating ornstein and smough or whatever that duo's name is after like 150 tries was probably the most gratifying feeling of the entire game.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

did a bunch of work on the cabinet, just waiting for my new joystick springs

Bought a holster for the GunCon knockoff, need to figure out a decent way to mount it

got some spacers in and mounted the monitor a little bit better. Corner shots still suck with the TV but Point Blank and Time Crisis run great with my USB foot pedal so oh well

also planning on culling the gently caress out of the MAME romset i got, since theres way too many mah jong ROMS to sort through

What does any of this mean

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Getting a Mortal Kombat 3 arcade is on my bucket list.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I shied away from Titanfall 2 because the first one was balls out amazing for like 20 minutes and then I just didn't care anymore.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I tried CSGO. It's more like Call of Duty than Counter Strike these days.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I was a computer whiz back when I was like 16 and could practically take one apart and put it back together blindfolded.

Had a pentium 4 3.4ghz processor.

Now it's like "get this super fast i7 2.8ghz processor" and I'm so out of the loop that I don't understand how it's faster.

(Don't explain it. I don't really care that much, just an observation.)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

stop reminding me that my desktop is 6 years old you fucks :mad:

also now i need to upgrade to a better wifi router because comcast upgraded our poo poo to 200Mbps and my router can't even spit out that kind of speed. on the bad side the fuckers implemented their bullshit 1TB data cap in my area :v:

Semi related but the wifi at my school sucks on my phone so I've been using more data than usual and I recently lowered my plan to what I was using historically (which is really low).

Turns out at&t now switches you to 2G speeds if you go over your data instead of just charging you more for another 1GB.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Operations on BF1 owns.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

How the gently caress do you guys beat Witcher 3? I feel like I've put a poo poo ton of hours into this game and I still have a ton of poo poo left to do without even touching the DLC.

Beating the game to me is the main story. The rest is just extra poo poo. I'm not a completionist when it comes to considering a game beaten.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm way late to the hype train because $60 for a video game just seems too much for me, but Fallout 4 and MGSV are $20 each now so I bought both so I have something to kill boredom over the summer.

I got Fallout 4 a few days ago and maybe I didn't play it long enough but it was kind of boring and just looks like last gen graphics at some points.

Then I got MGSV yesterday and goddamn, compared to this I wasn't wrong about Fallout 4 at all. This has been a blast from the get go. That little intro mission was loving sweeeeeeeet.

Oh and Fallout 4 sucks because it made me not like a dog and THAT is just unacceptable.

E: there were a few times when I said "stupid loving dog!" to the tv and Monty thought i was talking to him so I had to dismiss the dog to the city because I can't control my outbursts :(

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 31, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Fallout 4 isn't a bad game by any stretch. It just feels like it was made for last gen platforms and is at times boring to me. My play style doesn't help I'm sure (I gravitate to sneaking and being stealthy and poo poo). I also hate fast travel. I enjoy running around open world games. But the terrain in Fallout 4 just isn't interesting enough (because it looks like it was made for last gen) to warrant trekking through it from one objective to another.

But like I said maybe I didn't play long enough. New Vegas was the same way for the first several hours as well, but then got pretty drat good.

Oh and it's also buggy as poo poo.

I also tried PS Now. $19/mo for like 400 games. Unfortunately, the games stream and my 25mbps internet apparently isn't enough to stop controller lag (but I've read that all connection speeds have the same issue to some degree). I cancelled it before the trial was up. It has a lot of potential it just needs some fixing.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 31, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Playing mgsv with 80s music playing is a life changer. I went from Tom Clancy to Rambo within the first minute of "She Blinded Me With Science."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ever since turning on the tunes I've started taking a missile launcher with me and just blowing everything up.

Supply drops make the missile launchers feel like God mode.

I haven't done the online stuff yet. Does my single player stuff have any influence on it?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
MGSV is a great game but some of the problems I have with it seem like they shouldn't exist in a game made in 2017.

Like being able to have more than one save.

Or being able to turn off the background music, or at the very least adjust volume levels (pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant).

(I play on PS4).

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if i spend ~$1000 can i get a good PC that will last a couple of years without needing a major upgrade?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
it's going to be a gaming rig mostly. if possible i want to save money on a monitor and just use my 1080p tv, but i want to leave myself the option of getting a better tv in the future.

i am not hip to computer hardware anymore.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What usually ages quick relative to other pieces of hardware? Can I expect to replace my video card more often than anything else? What's the life cycle on models/technology these days?

Basically I'm asking if it would make sense so splurge a little in some areas rather than others (video card was mentioned already).

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm probably going to buy all the stuff for it over the next few months and build it when I have everything.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I got RE7.

Shits scary yo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If something isn't going to be out before the next e3, you shouldn't talk about it at the current e3.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
it could be called "Xbox You Have A Small Penis For Buying This" and if it's a good console it doesn't make a difference lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
as someone who has owned both the xbone and the ps4, the only thing the ps4* really has going for it are better exclusives. people just need something to complain about.

*i don't know much about the ps4 pro or whatever the xbone equivalent is, i'm talking the basic xbone and ps4.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I didn't even know they made any Starship Troopers beyond the second one that I ignored.

The first one is one of the greatest movies ever though. This is an undeniable fact.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The last wolfenstein was too short. It was a rad as gently caress mindless shooter and I didn't want it to end.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am a-okay with every game including a dog companion. That's one trope that will never get old.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
that god of war trailer mostly confirms my suspicion that it's going to be a slower pace relative to the other god of war games, and that is a shame. if i can't string together 200 hit combos it isn't god of war. hopefully i am wrong!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
PlayStation is running a sale on a lot of games. I got Horizon for $20 off.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
MUST BE NICE TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES ON DEPLOYMENT WHILE I'M OUT ON THREE DAY OPS AND poo poo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Who joined the wrong branch? You did.

I was conned, my friend.

(Still my fault though :smith:)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

thetechnoloser posted:

The only way I'd be any more winning is if I wasn't still in.

:sad:

(Idk how to shoehorn a Trump joke in here)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Started playing GTAV again.

I don't think a better game has come out since this one.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i never finished the single player campaign so i've been doing that.

the thing this game has that i enjoy the most is variety. it seems like every mission is different. one mission you're scuba diving, another you're hauling a chemical weapon in a helicopter, and the next you're doing yoga.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What game was it where you drove big rigs and could go infinite mph backwards and poo poo?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Goatschach posted:

it was big rigs

Well poo poo.

Put that in the "so bad it loving rules" camp.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the best simulator has been and always will be goat simulator.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i like the triggers on the xbox controller better but otherwise it hasnt really made a difference for me since the original xbox controller

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
yeah i was wondering where he played dark souls 4 until i got to his third sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

returned the psvr

its cool but not $400 cool

im interested in it.

how much would you say it is worth (in the event they ever drop the price)?