Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah. all i wanted to play was Rez and check out if there was anything else

theres not enough games for it, and it's cool but not that cool

i hear a lot about RE7 being cool with PSVR but outside of that i dont hear much about any other game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
all i know about CPU temp is that my computer back in ~2005/6 would run over 100 degrees and would heat my entire bedroom up.

isn't liquid cooling a thing?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
are there any recent fps games out there that compare to the balls to the wall, no reloading at all, kill a bunch of poo poo with heavy metal music gameplay of the newest doom? because that poo poo ruled but i've beat it twice already.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
another reason why snoop dogg is cool as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqO8z81VbjE

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Gonna finish my third Bloodborne play through and hopefully plat it this weekend! :bloodborne:

i got the original dark souls down to about two and a half hours. got bloodborne a few days ago. can't beat the first boss :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Want help?

Also if you are talking about cleric beast, that is the game teaching you to be aggressive. If you use the Dark Souls combat strategy of just hit and back off, you will get hosed up. You want to be right up his rear end the whole time.

Yeah I figured it out a bit ago. Once I stopped being a scared baby back bitch it was surprisingly easy. I was deffo using the DS strategy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I want a bed like Junior's in Problem Child.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I played the gently caress out of WoW when Burning Crusade dropped. I stopped playing before the 3.0 patch and following expansion and haven't played since.

Friend of mine plays it still. I took a look. Apparently I picked a good time to quit.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

am I crazy for wanting to buy a switch to play the new Zelda game? I don't even know any other Switch games

you're basically saying you want to pay $450 or however much for one video game. then you'll just buy video games that you may not enjoy just to justify your purchase.

it gives me a very enlisted vibe.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm playing mgsv again and I think Boss punching people at the base and it raising their morale is an allegory for how sergeants major see leadership.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I didn't play ME3 but what I read/heard about it was that it was super lazy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I had ME3 and Andromeda mixed up. Andromeda was the one I heard was super lazy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My favorite thing about MGSV is how you can pretty much tell exactly where in the story Kojima and Konami started having serious issues with each other.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh man, the abundance of clues, it's giving me a headache.

Though, the signs say mph, and nothing is upside down, so it must be one of those flyover states in the mid west where there's absolutely loving nothing of relevance.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

Make me the psychologist

You are a bad person

So am I for quoting it but who's worse Trump or Trump Jr.

Exactly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I finally beat MGSV.

What an anticlimactic ending.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If you play the mission where you get quiet either 7 or 10 times, you actually get her back.

it was just underwhelming. there were some pretty cool missions and some cool cut scenes but all in all i don't think it was worth the time i put into it.

but that mission where you rescue quiet was loving horseshit. took like 25 tries.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Yeah, I thought I was like halfway through the game and then the credits rolled.

just fyi, i got fooled too but the mission where you rescue quiet, mission 45, isn't the last mission in the story. mission 46 is. i thought when the credits rolled after quiet left the game was over but it isn't. just wanna make sure you didn't stop where i was about to.

i had to do more missions/side-ops in order to unlock mission 46, basically the prologue again, and get to the really stupid twist that just fell really, really flat.

seriously just youtube it. i wish i had.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah, it sucks that Konami cut off Kojima and pushed out an incomplete game. you can find parts of mission 51 on youtube, which is kinda cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

If what I've heard is true, there was supposed to be another entire chapter to the game. Which might have cut out the repeat missions, which was really annoying because I didn't know you could just do side missions to unlock the story missions, so I redid several of the missions and just got soured from the game at that point. And some of the side missions seemed out of place and should have just been unlocked story missions.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Instead of randomly having you repeat missions you already did, it would've been way better if extreme and total stealth were just modes.

TO BE CONTINUED....

I posted earlier about how it's obvious when Konami and Kojima started having issues and when the missions start repeating would be my guess. The flow of the game just stopped making sense.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
when it's good, it's great. if you could just do the story without having to do a certain number of required side/repeat missions to unlock the next story mission, it would have flowed a lot better. i usually do the main campaign of games because i'm not a 100%er, but forcing me to go get the blueprints to a weapon i will never use because i haven't done enough side ops was kind of lame. i was also peeved that the opening credits for each mission would give away if you were going to encounter special enemies.

i can't give it higher than a 6, MAYBE 7 out of 10. but it definitely had the potential to go down as one of the best games i've played.

next up to finish? bloodborne probably.

e: all that said, i might pick up MGSV to gently caress around with every now and then. there's a lot of funny poo poo you can do.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 19, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
that mission where you just murder all of your own people was pretty loving stellar in presentation and will probably be the most memorable mission for me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Syrian Lannister posted:

Doom is currently undergoing a 35 GB update.

my pants just tingled

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How did posts about a video game updates end up here in like five posts :lol:

quote:

What a stupid response. So if he goes to hospital to have his appendix removed, but the surgeon chops off his leg instead, then according to your (lack of) logic, he shouldn't complain if he himself can't remove an appendix.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Does that mean you can sell your account for $3500?

gently caress I'm investing in the wrong poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Today I learned that my steam name is huckfillary lol

I don't have any info to show though because I haven't steamed in a long time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm finishing up old games since I have a month of summer left and I'm playing Resident Evil 7 right now and uhhh.... that change in setting certainly came outta loving nowhere.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It would probably be pretty good. 2spooky4me though. But playing it on a tv you can see that they had VR in mind.

Best atmosphere for a survival horror game since the original Dead Space though.

My biggest complaint is that I run around in circles looking for items to get to the next part of the game a little more than I would like, but that's most survival horror games I think.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It's not like I'm gonna lose sleep over it. But there are some really effective areas that are creepy. Some good jump scares, but not too many that the game relies on them.

There's a little girl in the game. She's probably the scariest part for me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Finish the loving story or gtfo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I tried fallout 4 again. Played for about ~6 hours and got stonewalled by a bugged quest line that progresses a part of the story I was finally really interested in.

Now I'm finishing Horizon instead.

I'm playing Bloodborne off and on but haven't dedicated any real time to it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why not just release all those games as a bundle pack or digital download? They could probably even milk it for more money. Because as much as I loved the Genesis and Dreamcast I sure as poo poo don't care to use those controllers again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Oh I thought red piping was another term for green weenie and that he was making a joke I didn't get

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
people in the military are just guys in the real world that are too dumb

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TCD posted:

Just got a 594m headshot knockdown then kill in pubg.

Feels good.

Wow r u a marine

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just Cause 3 is free right now if you pay for Playstation Plus.

And so is some Assassin's Creed game.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

tastefully arranged labia posted:

RE7 Status: downgraded to "So spooky, so fuckin spooky you guys", then further downgraded to "Get over here so I can shoot you in the face already"

Wait till the last 1/3rd of it. It's like a spooky call of duty.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Just got into the building with the two keycards and now it's like an edgy teenager watched SAW and The Dark Knight and decided to do that.

The house is pretty dope and if the whole game stretched that and made the tanker part last like... 30 minutes max, it would've been a 9/10.

And I wish the little funhouse had more birthday cake like games.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 10, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I beat ffxv. It's okay I guess. The story spreads across a movie and a few anime cartoons.

What I'm saying is I have no idea what was going on for a lot of it because I'm not going to watch anime.

Took ~27 hours of total playtime with limited side questing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I need to find a game that I can play for short bursts without having to keep track of any type of story since I'll only be playing a few hours during the weekend when school starts.

Multiplayer FPS games have usually filled that void but I'm so burned out from the genre that I'm looking elsewhere. There's an F1 racing game coming out that I might try the demo of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

This is why I primarily stick to racing games. Have you played drive club?

Yea F1 2017 is out soon. It looks real good.

I haven't played any racing games since Forza 5 or whatever the current one was two years ago. Never even heard of Drive Club.