Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My problem with collectathon checklist games is that they’re all the same. They just have a new coat of paint. Assassin’s Creed is Horizon is Far Cry.

The last Spider-Man game I played had excellent terrain traversal but that wasn’t enough to hold my attention once I got done scaling all of the buildings and jumping off of them.

The reason Elden Ring still has my attention is because I have no loving clue what I’m looking for half the time and I’m thoroughly engaged in the world, not engaged in the endorphin rush of basically scratching something off of a list.

The open world format is just very stale to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tiny Timbs posted:

I actually didn't have flasks in my item slots throughout my playthrough, I preferred to use the Y + Dpad combo to access them so I wouldn't have to switch through the slots

if you hold down the up or down button used to cycle through slots rather than just pressing it, it will automatically go back to what you have in slot 1. that's how I have managed it with my main spells and flasks.