Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Steam: Godholio
Origin: Godholio
PSN: Godholio
XBL: Godholio

There's a trend here.

Mostly I'm playing various Steam games...7 days to die, rocket league, AoE 2, trying to get into DCS. On PS4, Titanfall 2 owns; I've got that 2x Arkham port from the PS3 to PS4, but haven't played it yet. Planning to get PSVR in a few weeks.
I've still got a 360, but let my XBL gold lapse. I don't play the 360, and the Xbone at my mom's house was a gift to my son and I mostly watch him play.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I still play pretty regularly.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

>taps fingers on lectern waiting for student unfold their comically huge laptop's triple screen array, sighs rolls eyes

three animes at once

Edit: But seriously battery life is going to be hilariously bad, as will graphics quality unless they make they make it a lot taller.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mike-o posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

every time i hear razer, i think of this wonderful series of posts by kirk

That's absolutely incredible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The biggest pain in the rear end is routing cables out of the loving way so you can get to everything else, and try to make it look reasonably tidy. Wire or velcro ties can be a great friend.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Slickdeals has a PS Plus 1-year code deal at CDkeys, $45.59.

Just bought it, so now I can harass you scrubs from my couch.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Can we do a group thing ( :getin: ) in Elite one of these days? I bet HDI would get in on that poo poo. I don't know what I'm doing well enough to do anything on my own besides fly around and run out of fuel en route to a star to scoop.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I've had a hotas for over a year but only in the past couple of weeks did I bother building a stand for it, so I want to try it out on elite. It's pretty great for DCS.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There's a tutorial?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Soulex posted:

Elite dangerous on which platform? I bought it for steam but can't loving control anything

I've got it on steam. I'll probably have to search for a control profile before jumping in.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Gonna fire up Elite and try out this tutorial and figure out how horrible the default controls are.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

E:D has a bunch of individual training missions, where a radio voice tells you what to do next. The game cues you in on the key bindings you need to do each event; if you change your binding, it shows you the correct one. The trick is figuring out what the gently caress button/switch is JOY 28...but that's what google/reddit are for. One of the missions seems to be bugged for a lot of people, including me, so I couldn't actually complete it even though I did all the things (landing in a space station). And there were a couple of keys bound to two different commands, which was fun to figure out.

Tonight i did all the training missions and challenges except the last one. This game is a hell of a lot more fun with a proper control setup.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Buca di Bepis posted:

alternate universe Wii U

This is exactly what it seems like. The Wii saw success because, despite its utter mediocrity as a console, the motion controllers were novel as hell to people. The Wii U didn't have that novelty factor and relied on it's (lack of) strengths in games, graphics, performance. And that's where we saw Nintendo's real market penetration. Not enough people are willing to spend top dollar for 5 year old performance out of a console just so they can play loving Bomberman.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Put my PS3 on craigslist last night for $75 and hoped I'd get a bite after a week. Should've listed it for $100, because I got a bunch of loving interest. Damnit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

Have a dumb clicker, I wanted to put this in drunk thread but gently caress you every thread is drunk thread

http://jhollands.co.uk/spaceplan/

Well, this is stupid fun. Goodbye Sunday.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: I left it running because I had to make an appt. Came back a couple of hours later to a few billion watts and finished it off in 3 more minutes. Playing it again anyway.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:perfect:

By the time I got to his lovely drawings, I was not disappointed.

Edit:

quote:

Give your 4yo her crayons back and stop drawing fan fic aliens with big t1ts that only honry 14yo's would like.

:lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bought Injustice and Lego Marvel Superheroes for < :10bux:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I think you get Darkseid if you preorder.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Did a couple of noob cargo/data deliveries in E:D. poo poo's fun, gang.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I can't weigh in on trading up, but for anyone looking to buy it's definitely worth it. The larger hard drive alone is worth the price difference.

Also, someone paid $85 for my PS3 slim (120GB) and 4 games. Gamestop offered $20 for the console. :lol:
No buyers for the 360 though; one guy asked if I'd trade for weed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh good. I just finished the TF2 campaign like 10 minutes ago and was gonna try multiplayer after dinner.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

thetechnoloser posted:

Only an hour or so in, but I'll post more thoughts as I play. Can definitely see it being fun as poo poo in VR.

VR RE is going to kill someone. I'm calling it right now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I thought Halo 4 was legit good idk why everyone hated it

Matchmaking was hilariously broken for a long time. Beyond that, I dunno.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

Flight sim / Elite dudes I have a question for you?

A is the Thrustmaster HOTAS X or 4 decent enough, or should I sink into the T.16000M?

B Why the hate towards Saitek controllers?

:getin:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

This fuckstain was the same guy who redirected ISR to look for uniform violations

:lol:

holocaust bloopers posted:

One of the strongest instinctual behaviors ingrained into me was always checking if the mission crew comm knob was pulled before telling some bawdy rear end story.

Navigators liked to catch flight engineers sleeping on poo poo like that. No one needs to share intimate details of a TDY hook up with 15 guys in the back.

Accidental net chatter or hot mic was always entertaining.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's loving great.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:getin:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Whenever I see a rant like that, I automatically thank god for Star Trek nerds, who actually did stuff with their lives like become scientists and engineers. Instead of trying to justify pointy ears, giant eyes, and enormous tits on every piece of alien "concept art" they went out and designed touch screens, communications equipment, supercomputing tech, spacecraft, and are trying to figure out how to make crazy poo poo like the Alcubierre Drive practical.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Just picked up Shadow of Mordor GOTY for $15. Includes all DLC. Should be fun.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

7 Days to Die has been a worthwhile alpha investment. I think I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, still playing. Still getting regular updates, the devs are still listening to the players.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Lots of good stuff coming in the next Elite update for playing with buds.

Come fly fighters or shoot turrets on my autism chariot :buddy:

:monocle: I am very excited for this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Did...did you adjust any settings?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

FO4 is the textbook example of why I almost never buy new games based on this thread (or it's predecessors).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That explains why I still haven't seen one in any store yet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new shadow of mordor announced

I'm a sucker for Tolkien lore, so this is pretty loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPhOCXzLBKA

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I dunno why the gently caress this wasn't posted in here:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

haha holy gently caress this game is awesome, i suggest while drunk or really high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIZ7c72WsA0

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's really loving sad as a kid from the NES era.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

They're actually ahead of sales predictions on PSVR, by something like 10 or 15%. I knew they were the exception to the "VR is failing" thing, but I didn't realize they were actually ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I agree, and it's part of why I bought a PS4 Pro. I just didn't expect them to be that far ahead.