Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

NES loving sucked. There, I said it. Don't get me wrong it more or less kick started things and led to good stuff but I'll never understand the NES nostalgia. Yeah ok mario was fun. But insanely hard games with poo poo controls. Don't get me wrong it was cool because that was all we had for video games at the time. Cracks me up how much people are fiending for that NES classic they're selling

SNES was p. dope though for its time

:mad:

Mike Tyson's Punchout
Metroid
Mario 3
Galaxy 5000
Zelda 2
Castlevania 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Tecmo Super Bowl
loving CONTRA

In short, SMDFTB.

Edit: I've got an N64 in a box somewhere around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh poo poo I forgot all about TMNT 1 &2. Also Baseball Stars.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's worth it just for the larger hard drive. You'll spend more than that $100 if you ever decide that 500GB isn't enough (because it isn't these days).

If you have a PS4 already I don't know that it's worth getting a Pro, but if you're deciding between the two, go with the Pro.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cyks posted:

You can get the slim Uncharted bundle for $265 and an 1tb external drive for $56 off Amazon right now. Swap the two hard drives and with the upcoming patch you'll have an extra 500GB w/ Uncharted for $80 cheaper than a Pro.

Can't really speak if the boost and 4k is worth it since I'm using a 19" monitor but price wise it doesn't match up. Even a 2TB SSHD upgrade comes out cheaper.

At that point you've got one more piece of hardware on the shelf that looks like poo poo, a year-old game that runs $20-30 anyway, and the decision of whether the boosted hardware is worth $80. I still the Pro is the way to go.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah, Switch generated hella hype and despite all my complaints it's gonna do just fine

Nintendo_business_plan.txt

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Context: some dude just got smashed against a cliff face by a robo T-Rex

:stare:

I need to look into this game.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

id be way more into 40k if gw wasnt price gouging the gently caress out of people buying their plastic dolls and if the rules werent a total shitshow

I thought they were just collectible models for spergs to paint. There are rules?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Nintendo was never known for good performance since N64.

They have normalized an artificially low bar. Nintendo apologists are getting exactly what they deserve and expect.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yep. 40k rules have been around for 30 years now, and are currently on their 7th edition. heres some autists playing a game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWYqMv6UD8

bear in mind each of those infantry models run from 5-30 bucks each, and the vehicles are like 50-200

:monocle:

I had no idea this was the point of those things. It's like D&D for nerds who can hold a job but don't have to pay for their own gas.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 14, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

HDI is digging Eve: Valkyrie on psvr. Apparently it's more like an Elite game than PC Eve.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bought a PSVR on ebay. Hopefully I didn't just get ripped off. I've got a set of move controllers and a camera that I haven't opened, so I'll be listing those. I'll probably end up into this about $125-150 less than buying new.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

It's more that gamers are idiots with a lot of disposable income who will preorder games based on hype and franchise recognition, and the game companies know and exploit this. Basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4

except with video games

Basically why I ignore 90% of this thread's recommendations.

That said, I regret not buying the hype for Shadow of Mordor. Finally started it last night, and it's loving awesome.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It was for 1993.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

hell if you had the option to make another few dump trucks full of money for just a bit of graphics work and a widescreen mod i'm pretty sure you'd take it too, i know i would

B-B-B-BUT GAMING INTEGRITY

I wish LucasArts or whatever Disney calls their poo poo would do this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The last five pages have completely killed any desire I had to play the ME series.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Just spent like two hours playing London Heist, and most of that just replaying the getaway level. Oh poo poo VR is gonna be loving dope finally. I giggled like a goddamned schoolgirl when I realized I could stick my head out the window and look behind our van...and again when I opened the door in the middle of it. The PSVR headset was surprisingly comfortable, especially since I was wearing glasses. And I'm legit surprised the cables were long enough for my living room setup.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Eve Valkyrie is a fun space dogfight game. :)

First few seconds of the tutorial I just sat there and rolled while staring out the cockpit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I felt like that game could have been so much more. All the elements are there. Decent graphics, decent flight controls, it's just extremely lacking. Definitely feels rushed to fill the VR hype.

Agreed, but the devs have been fixing it as they go. The drat thing shipped without being able to remap buttons ffs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This is a good technique fyi

I play with a few friends I met goofing off in servers and none of us take it seriously. It's fun if you don't give a poo poo. Also I've noticed all Godholio does is play 64 player 24/7 operation Metro like it's some sort of weird addiction. Tried playing in there a couple of times and realized the servers nick name of "meat grinder" was appropes

Yeah, that server's loving nuts. But I'm trying to get all the weapon unlocks, and that's the best server I've found for farming kills. I've also managed to kick off political arguments in chat, and get a few people banned (for 20 years, iirc) by baiting them into using words that the server will auto-ban for.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

remember when we asked if the server accepted bitcoins in bf4

good times

Good call, I'm gonna bring that up next time.

As far as what words, you can probably guess. Top-tier slurs, basically.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Role: Assassin

Two Finger posted:

Mechanical engineering

GUTSLUG

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What is happening on this page?

Edit: Last page, I guess.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Is that for Dangerous or Horizons or both or what?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

3D print an NES classic case, stick a Raspberry pi in it, et voila. Unless you want to be one of those super spergs using a tube television to play it "right".

Holy poo poo I like this idea.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The comments seem to shoot that down a bit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The trailer for the second one looks dope as gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I only played it a couple of times, but I enjoyed the version the AF used for lieutenant PME, where they reskinned everything into different airplanes. :)

Edit: Starcraft

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol:

It was before all that nonsense. F-22s and AWACS and poo poo. It was fun, which is probably why it didn't last long.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Strike Commander loving owned.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i never played eve but the scam stories were always fun to read

I tried it twice and hated it both times. But the stories are fantastic.

So is Eve Valkyrie, because it's completely unrelated gameplay-wise.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hooooly poo poo that looks fun. I accidentally watched the whole thing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That battlegrounds game is pretty fun. Definitely a lot of room for optimization, but the basic gameplay is solid. Trying to jump over things is hosed, climbing would be a great addition, and I'm not too sure hit detection is all that great yet. But following some fucker through a door when he's looking for you and shooting him in the back is great. Ducking into a bathroom because the house you're in has NOTHING on the floor and someone with a rifle walked in the front door sucks. Especially when he then throws a smoke grenade in your bathroom as you close the door. :lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ok I bought and am downloading battlegrounds

Steam?

Edit: Didn't realize I was a page behind. I scored my first kill by punching a guy to death while HDI got owned about 50 yards away immediately after parachuting in. Later I got wasted doing donuts in a car as the safe zone shrunk down to about 50x50 yrds...the dozen or so survivors were all focused on me. :lol:

I love this game.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 27, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Y'all in TS or discord or something? Gonna be playing in a few minutes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

Is it always third-person and arcadey? My roommate is one of those guys who loves to watch Twitch streams (idgi) and every single one of them makes it look like Call of Duty in third person, just on the ArmA engine.

"V" switches to first person.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Slaughter of the hobos

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

"Oh poo poo guys, I just hosed it all up."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: 1:27 is the loving tits.

Edit: Gonna jump in and play in a few.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 28, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Sry whoever I accidentally ran over. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

busy doing domestic homeowner poo poo all day, would rather be blasting blowing dudes

edit: here I did a mod edit

I feel the same way, though instead of domestic homeowner poo poo I panned for gold and shot guns out in the sun all afternoon.