Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Had my 970 crap out on me last weekend.... So I got a 1080 to replace it. :getin:

Resident Evil 7 is creepy as gently caress at 4K on a 55" screen in the dark. Holy beejeezus. Wear headphones for maximum teenage horror movie effect.

This game feels much more like RE of old. It's not an action shootmans anymore. The first person view is claustrophobic, in a good way. The new photorealism style is pretty boss, and it's the first game I've found that comes close to maxing my VRAM (~7.8GB/8GB).

Only an hour or so in, but I'll post more thoughts as I play. Can definitely see it being fun as poo poo in VR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone play re7 on psvr? people are calling it as good as re4

I'm playing it not VR on PC in 4K, and it's amazing so far. It's survival horror and not action shootmans, though.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Oh god, VR Soma or Alien Isolation would put me in the grave.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gonna try some of dis PubG nonsense this weekend. Random 4-day. Whats the discord info?

The only way I'd be any more winning is if I wasn't still in.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So Cuphead is really good looking and _really_ hard.

Like OG Dark Souls hard.

The art direction is simply astounding, though. Totally worth :10bux::10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dude McAwesome posted:

Any of your dudes getting Destiny 2 on PC?

I'll be on there as well. Didn't play the first Destiny so I am going in blind.

It's something to pass the time when I'm not med boarding, so I have low expectations.