Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The development team is basically one guy, with another guy just hired part time. Not that it fully excuses that line of thought, but some mods end up getting integrated into the base game as time goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
shame on you for expecting innovation in a free update from blizzard i guess

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know a soul, myself included, that actually played their Wii after the novelty of the Wiimote wore off. Unless you have small children, in which case whatever.

Like seriously, how many of you that owned one actually used it past two weeks?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
97 hours for Witcher 3 + DLC for me. Absolutely, positively 100% worth it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I bought Starsector because it looks fun.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am really bad at Starsector.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Rimworld has been a good pre-alpha whatever buy. It's been on steam for a few months now at least. Same with Factorio.

The Path of Exile 3.0 announcement was absolutely batshit - they're expanding it from 4 acts w/ 3 difficulties to 10 goddamn acts and one difficulty. It's gonna be so good. I've given the developer probably four or five hundo over the last 5 years and I regret nothing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i'm out of games to play piiiiiissssssss

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i don't want to play any multiplayer shootmans, i have PUBG for that

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
gently caress i installed fallout 4 again and there's like 18 months of mods to review and install

this is going to take me all of today probably

down the rabbit hole i go

fuuuuuuuuck

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
yeah i'm not new to modding a bethesda game, it's just that i stopped playing FO4 right around when the GECK was released so i have to catch up to current events with it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
didn't buy an xbone

not buying one of these

regret nothing

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I loved Tabula Rasa in the beta, until the "pre-retail" patch hit and radically changed game mechanics and the entire flow of the game. It went from a fun shooty MMO to this horrible grindfest with everything fun watered down or nerfed to oblivion. Like a completely different game overnight.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
where did you get that info

i wanna know

wait maybe i dont wanna know

i wanna know

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

It could be worse!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's almost assuredly the result of humble bundles.

Hi, lets give you a game you forgot about and TEN OTHER PIECES OF poo poo YOU'LL NEVER TOUCH.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I was overseas or otherwise unavailable from July 2003 to April 2006 with very infrequent, month long bits where I could do something like buy a video game but not connect to the internet. It was dark times.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Knife Crime Island

Sheep Crime Island

eh.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every game that has tried to replicate early MMO experiences has mostly failed, or at least the ones that I know about. Those days while fun at the time are gone now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Dying Light and I think Singularity were the only two games that have ever given me motion sickness.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
current xcom 2 xpac status:

could poo poo please just stop happening for five goddamn minutes i have to take a piss break

how much of a nerd am i to recognize that they had most of the TNG crew voice the xpac characters after about ten seconds

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Civ 6 was garbage.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
After spending most of my Saturday game time restarting my XCOM2 games over and over, I'm finally at the start of midgame and relatively comfortable. First blacksite down, researching Powered Armor in about 12 days with Plasma following it, got my first MAJ and a few CPTs.

I am however playing with Grim Horizons enabled, which makes all Dark Events last forever. This totally will not snowball and gently caress me over later. Right now there's a random chance for any ADVENT trooper to have bleeding rounds, and my recruits cost 100% more supply but who needs rookies.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
current xcom status: double intel costs, double recruit costs (meh), double scanning time (:argh:), advent troopers have bleed rounds, advent lancers get a free move after melee attack, chosen more likely to collect troopers

gently caress you, grim horizon

but my troopers are now in powered armor + plasma weapons and one of them is a COL now

gonna gently caress up the chosen hunter because he's a smug bitch later tonight

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
current xcom status: expansion victory lap time

beat all the chosen, now to start the actual campaign and dunk on everything with my team of supermen

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Bolow posted:

Megamek is pretty great. But man that game will :xcom: the poo poo out of you. Get attacked with a gauss rifle and on the first shot get hit in the gyro's, your mech falls face down into a swamp and your pilot gets knocked unconscious.

I've lost a King Crab to some weaponized diesel powered combine harvester that had a single small laser equipped :negative:

just lol if you didn't hear the computer voice critical hit in your head reading this

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Probably going to get Divinity Original Sin II and play that this weekend. I loved the first one and I intentionally avoided all the early access stuff. It's retail now and supposedly fantastic so whatever, here goes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i'm the carefully chosen minorities and diversity quotas when in reality everyone would be a white dude

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i exclusively drink spindrift nowadays

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
heat signature looks cool, i loved gunpoint

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got Heat Signature even though I've still got a huge amount of Divinity Original Sin 2 left to do.

It's only 15 dollars.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Witcher 3 is probably the best ~120 hours (minimum) you'll put into a game made in the last 10 years or so.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i started up rimworld again after not playing it for nearly a year :ohdear:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Hi-Res pack is garbage, use mods.

Automatron is good, as is Far Harbor. Nuka World is also 'ok'

*if* you give a poo poo about settlements (and if you didn't before, take a look at Sim Settlements because gat dang) then the other mods are also good.

Basically all the DLC is varying levels of good, there's nothing awful nor amazing out of it. I paid full price for everything and I regret nothing, 40 dollarydoos is a good deal.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My poo poo is dying but I need to last until Black Friday. Not because of the money, per say, but because there's probably gonna be new shiny stuff soon and Black Friday is a good excuse to get a few dollars off the new poo poo.

I'm down two USB hubs (left with 3 USB ports right now) and my i5 2500k w/ 8GB of RAM is getting pretty long in the tooth. It can make it :unsmith:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

Gothic guys made a new game. It seems ok so far.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/ELEX/

hello weekend game

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I also have a Civ 6 coupon.

I think I'm gonna get ELEX. I'm bored and have a fair amount of free time this weekend. I'm done with XCOM2, Divinity Original Sin 2, and Heat Signature. I'm still burned out on Path of Exile. I'm debating on either Dungeons 3 or Endless Space 2 but I'm thinking ELEX.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I went with ELEX. It's just about finished downloading so lets see if I can run it on this loving thing. If there's too much eurojank then I'll just refund it.

Smiling Jack posted:

meanwhile I'm still trying to find time to finish New Vegas

One does not 'finish' FONV. You simply reach a point of saturation and move on to another game.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
ELEX status: pretty ok

It's really rough around the edges combat wise, but it's fun and really really open world. I just got to the starter town so I've barely scratched the surface.

I do not like how bows handle, hopefully guns handle better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

It is pretty much just gothic with guns imo

I have yet to get any guns, and I am running around trying to survive the first few quests. Most monsters are skull level and annihilate me.

Yep, it's gothic.