Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The answer to any question "nice inexpensive furniture" is Ikea and it always will be.
Truth, I've had the same desk from them that I bought six years ago. Holds up incredibly well and was only 100 or so.

I also bought that 250 dollar Markus chair or whatever it's called. Worth every penny.

Steam: Handsome Ralph
Origin: Handsome_Ralph
PSN: Whodares86
XBL: Whodares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah PC part picker is my goto for new builds.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Dirt Rally is getting a VR treatment for PSVR
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/announcing-dirt-rally-ps-vr/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:lol:

This thread is reminding me I need to bust out my HOTAS and play Elite again. I moved and haven't gotten around to unboxing it yet.

Anyone else looking forward to GR: Wildlands?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Not an empty quote.

Titanfall 2 is really really loving good. Also online is fun for olds due to AI bots and Titan combat.

Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta this weekend. Feels like an updated Mercenaries. Kinda hope they tweak vehicle controls and some other things, but otherwise, I think I might grab it next month.

Oh and Total War: Warhammer is 12 bucks on Humble Monthly this month. Grabbed that poo poo despite promising myself I wouldn't buy any games till March so I could get through my backlog :negative:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Capn Beeb posted:

Also yeah I'm getting a strong Mercenaries feel from Wildlands, could be a pretty good game with a bit more care to it. The beta shows promise, but I'm hoping it's older code cause if this is what they're shipping out in a month, it doesn't really bode too well.

Yeah, as it stands, I'm waiting for reviews before I buy it. Tons of little things they need to fix, helicopter and plane controls for one.

Also, I keep hearing The Division is good now. Any truth to that statement?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Should have mentioned, I played through the main game at release and sold it after getting to the end game and getting bored with it. Maybe if it drops to tenbucks again I'll grab it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I think instead of buying ghost recon, I'm just gonna go back and play MGSV again.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The only game I've bought pre alpha that I didn't regret was Kerbal Space Program.

Oh and The Long Dark.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yo Dirt Rally VR is pretty loving good.

I'm still terribly new but I love it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah Fallout 4 was really disappointing. 3 and NV had me coming back for at least a year, 4 I stopped playing after two months. I can't even remember if I finished the main questline.

The only really good thing about it was Valentine.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'll probably buy Trinus for my PSVR because I really want to play Elite Dangerous and other flight sims with a VR headset, but I'm tired of waiting for Sony to figure this out. ED should have been a launch or at least an immediate post launch game.

Dirt Rally is a step in the right direction though, holy poo poo, it's good.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

It probably will. It wasnt a perfect system but I think the only dud Nintendo released for it was Star Fox surprisingly.

I'll probably splurge and buy a bunch of VC games before they inevitably shut the service down.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah I'm gonna buy Zelda tomorrow for my Wii U.

I was looking forward to the Switch but the lack of VC and how quiet Nintendo has been about it till very recently made me realize I'd rather wait a year or two to buy one if at all.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Debating if I want to buy Zelda after I finish work today or Horizon Zero Dawn?

Both look really fun and I can't choose :ohdear:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

NES was my first system and I loved it, but SNES was by far the better system. :colbert:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Since we're all on a Nintendo kick right now, does anyone else really enjoy Earthbound? It's one of my favorite games but the fan community weirds me the gently caress out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I remember buying that big box version for like 15 bucks on clearance from Wal-Mart when I was ten. I kick myself now seeing that the boxed version regularly sells for like 400-500 dollars on ebay.

I did snag another copy of it for 20 bucks like ten years ago, but sold it a few years ago for 150 since I have a digital copy on my Wii U now.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

This isn't games, so I'll just tell you that's an okay opinion to have.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Slow for the first two hours and then boy does the game get going.

Yeah, def. This game came out of nowhere for me and it's awesome.

Really glad I got HZD instead of Zelda. Hoping they patch things up so the framerate isn't terrible for it when I inevitably buy it in the future.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Horizon's been scratching my MGS and Shadow of Mordor itch.

I really hope they don't gently caress up the new one (Shadow of Mordor).

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Wii U is gonna age pretty well though. I'm probably gonna finish getting the last few Nintendo games I don't have for it (Hyrule Warriors, Twilight Princess, Splatoon, others?) and then buy a few more SNES/64 VC games for it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I bought another PS4 because we needed a blu-ray player and a streaming device that was PSVue compatible for our living room TV (we just moved into a house from a 1-bedroom apartment so we have an office/gameroom now where my original PS4 resides). The next cheapest option was only 50 bucks cheaper, so it seemed like a no brainer to just grab a slim.

I was able to get a slim bundle for 200 thanks to reward certificates and that Visa $25 promo at Best Buy. Part of me wishes I had just paid the extra ~150 to grab a Pro but I don't own a 4K TV so I don't think it would have been as worth it.

I'll still probably buy a Pro one day, most likely when my OG Ps4 craps out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I used to defend Nintendo but mostly out of nostalgia and love for mario/metroid/zelda games. Now that metroid is dead and I haven't liked a Zelda since wind waker (the 3ds one is good tho) coupled with the fact the switch is hosed up in the same way the U was hosed up, I just don't even care. Like I'm not mad at games or whatever it's just I can't even be bothered to buy one or get hype at all.

Same.

Honestly, I think I finally stopped caring about Nintendo poo poo when they started putting SNES games on n3DS but didn't do cross purchases or anything with Wii U. They've had so many years to get online play and account stuff right, and they keep loving it up.

Oh well, I'll just go play my PS4 and PC games instead. Not the end of the world.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

My girlfriend wanted to see it because she likes Emily Blunt.

She immediately said she didn't want to watch anymore after the border crossing scene.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah, the helicopter controls in the beta annoyed the poo poo out of me. You can't really flare easily (I think that's the maneuver you're talking about EBB).

I've said this before but why can't they just copy the control scheme from Just Cause 3 or GTAV for helicopters/planes? It's not like they're proprietary.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Two Finger posted:

I'm having trouble getting into Total Warhammer. Maybe it's just been too long since I played a tactical RTS but yeah.

Which race are you playing as? I started a campaign as the standard human race and was bored to tears by it. Restarted a campaign as the dwarfs and had a lot more fun playing it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

gently caress. Now I'm really starting to question if I should cancel my preorder or not. That poo poo is awful.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/842138336764416000

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 16, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Best Buy had a spend 100, get 25 taken off your order promo back in January. I bought a $50 PSN card and pre-ordered Mass Effect to take advantage of the promo. Though now, I could cancel it and I'd get to keep the discount.

Other than that, the only other game I've preordered over the past few years was Civ VI, so I could get the collector's edition.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I absolutely loved ME1 and everything that came with it. I was a little disappointed by how they scaled back 2's RPG mechanics, but the story made up for it and it was still a really fun game.

3 wasn't bad, it was just forgettable.

If this ends up being meh, I'll just return it without opening it and focus on replaying through the original trilogy instead.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Welp, Best Buy shipped my Mass Effect preorder to me, so too late to cancel my preorder. I think I'm gonna just return it to Best Buy and buy Zelda instead at this rate.

I mean poo poo, DA:I wasn't perfect but I enjoyed my time with it and I figured they could only go upwards with this release.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So this video, while taking a huge grain of salt while watching it, is making me think maybe Andromeda might not be as bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVQnlCgVEA

I'm still gonna wait and see what reviews say, and possibly wait a few days after launch to return or buy it (still got Horizon Zero Dawn to keep me busy) to get unfiltered non-garbage opinions, but this seems to be a better criticism.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Like I said, huge grain of salt.

But some of what he said adds up with things others have said in less detail.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I think the only game tonight that will match or exceed Witcher 3 anytime soon is Cyberpunk 2077. But that's not out for another year or two.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Finished HZD, just need to get a few collectables and I'll have the platinum trophy.

One of the best games I've played over the last five years. Really impressed with how much I enjoyed the whole package.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Welp, guess I'm returning it straight to Best Buy once it gets here tomorrow.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

That's fair, but I've still got both Witcher 3 DLC's to get through and I want to play Zelda. It can easily wait.

Honestly, I'll play it at some point, but I'm not jumping at the bit to play it tomorrow based on everything I'm hearing. I figured the reviews might make things seem better but so far, it's a definite wait for some patches and a sale kind of game.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah def. along with the added benefits of patches.

Also :lol:, nice name change.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Here's my hot take but I find a lot of the people who lose their poo poo about people other people preordering or games not having perfect 60 fps frame rates are also usually the same people who want to talk about "ethics in game journalism".

Like, Mass Effect looks to be medicore and that kinda blows, but oh well. Life goes on. I'm not going to treat EA/Bioware with the same disdain or ire I would with a business that actually hosed up someone's life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Third World Reggin posted:

lol ea / bioware does gently caress over peoples lives

like any of their programmers or artists that they fire routinely or pay poo poo

Apples and oranges comparison. poo poo like this is what I'm talking about,
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/09/ea-voted-worst-company-in-america-again/#38417ff27aeb

lol if you think half the people losing their poo poo about endings in Mass Effect are as impassioned about workers rights at EA. Yeah, that poo poo sucks and it ruins lives, but it's not anywhere close to the same level as Wells Fargo loving someone out of their mortgage.