Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Curt Schilling is way worse than EA if we're staying in the same industry.

Don't even get me started on that bullshit. Had friends that worked at 38 Studios, as well as friends that worked in RI's state government when that poo poo went down. He most definitely hosed over the lives of many many people.

I guess I'll clarify, I made that post referring to businesses that have practices that actively gently caress over their customers lives and livelihoods, not solely their employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Third World Reggin posted:

i dunno

why bother to point that this poo poo has raisins in it but this poo poo has corn

they both can be poo poo without trying to get into dick measuring

:shrug:

Pointing out that "gamers" have a weird habit of overreacting to games being mediocre or not meeting their expectations and then treating it like it's the same thing as loving over someone's livelihood doesn't seem like dick measuring but ok I guess.

Gonna go play Witcher 3 DLC now.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah, every time I have a moment of "well maybe I won't return Mass Effect after work and form my own opinions on it", Two Finger posts something else that makes me go "Yeah, no. Return that poo poo."

Which sucks, because I loved Mass Effect 1-3 :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So you're saying you planned on pulling an all nighter and then went to bed after an hour?

Eeesh, yeah gently caress that noise.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cowboy elvis posted:

Horizon has a good ending. Excellent game start to finish.

I'm beyond excited for the expansion and eventual sequel.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

not caring here posted:

Goddamn that's the worst video game ending I've seen except for the Witcher 3 worst ending

I didn't realize I got the worst Witcher 3 ending till I looked it up.

Was still awesome. gently caress I loved that game.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cowboy elvis posted:

I got selected for the Gran Turismo Sport closed beta.

:woof:

gently caress you.

EDIT: Post impressions please. I'm stuck with Forza in the meantime.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I don't know if the patches made things much better or if I've just spent enough time away from Civ V, but Civ VI is growing on me and I'm starting to enjoy it now. Still a couple of design choices I'm not thrilled with, but I played for four hours last night and enjoyed every minute of it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

ME:A is really bad :stare:

Like I was expecting jank but jesus. I can't even bring myself to play it.

Polygon basically called it an Early Access game in their review. They weren't kidding.

Maybe it'll be fun to play in a year if they patch it right.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I enjoy playing Overwatch occasionally with my friends, but the fanbase :chloe:

Also, did anyone pick up Day of Infamy? Looks fun. I'm also tempted to grab Steel Division Normandy '44. Same guys who made the Wargame and Ruse series.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i played like 20 min of a dota2 match once, got bored and quit. i guess thats a huge dick move that really fucks your team but idgaf. if your multiplayer game has only 1 map, then get hosed idiot

:same:
:hf:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Anyone else playing Steel Division: Normandy '44? poo poo's real good, yo.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

FastestGunAlive posted:

I was worried when they said it was gonna have realistic and highly detailed weapon and armor modeling. I like me some grognard gaming and I like me some RTS but I do not like to mix the two

Same team behind the Wargame series. This one is less hectic and more accessible in my opinion, mostly since you don't have to juggle 8 different​ types of infantry and ATGM systems. Stuff is modeled accurately but it's less grognardy than it seems.

It's more Total War than it is Combat Mission if that comparison makes sense.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah I bought it for PS4 chiefly due to the player base being more active on account of Sony making it a bundled game as well as for the PSVR X-Wing mission.

Its an action figure simulator at best and I enjoyed very little of it. I really hope the new one is as good as the original Battlefront II was.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm telling you guys, Steel Division is some good RTS poo poo if you haven't checked it out already.

Also, Halo Wars is getting a Steam Release tomorrow. I'll likely grab it since Ensemble made it and it was fun even though I was stuck using a controller to play it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The new Xbox is called Xbox X.

:lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

loving :lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dirt rally vr or driveclub vr for ps4

Driveclub VR is also apparently on clearance for like 20 bucks at Target right now.

Get Dirt Rally first, but I think I'm gonna grab me a cheap copy of Driveclub this weekend.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cowboy elvis posted:

Driveclub is a seriously fantastic racing game.

Yeah, I own regular Driveclub and it's pretty awesome.

The VR version isn't the same and sadly you need to purchase it to play the game in VR mode. Wish it was like Dirt Rally, but alas.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

returned the psvr

its cool but not $400 cool

I got one for free from Taco Bell. It's cool but yeah, I doubt I'd have bought one otherwise.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

200-250 would be the sweet spot for me. 300 if it came with a good game.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Godholio posted:

I picked up a launch bundle for 300, and have zero regrets.

Edit: If anyone gets one, buy that stand Amazon sells. It's worth the $35 or 40.

I was gonna buy that stand but saw a few reviews that said it killed controllers which made me a little :ohdear:

Also, I really hoping an Elite Dangerous VR mode or something similar comes out soon. I need my VR flying fix.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah I played that for a little bit. I enjoyed it but not nearly as much as I thought I would have. The idea of having a game like ED or Freelancer in VR would be amazing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Bolow posted:

I was thinking the same thing but I've mostly chalked it up to slowly buying a bunch of poo poo over like 8 years worth of steam sales and not really wanting anything else. And the major releases I tend to buy on release like Prey and Doom.

Same.

I've got like 70 bucks in Steam credit and there just isn't nearly as much stuff that I want to buy like there used to be.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Anyone else play EverSpace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPzK4dzVKU

poo poo is awesome. Like Rogue Legacy mixed with House of the Dying Sun or FTL. Having a blast playing it so far.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

TBeats posted:

I want a bed like Junior's in Problem Child.

:same:

Also, my dad bought my sister and I that movie for the first Christmas him and my mom were divorced. He claims the contrary but I like to think that it was his attempt at trolling my mom.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CommieGIR posted:

Any GiP World of Tanks/Warships players?

Yeah, I play Warships from time to time. Fun game but every six months or so, I binge the hell out of it and then burn myself out for another six months or so.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CommieGIR posted:

World of Warships. I should have realized that would get misconstrued.

I will admit, I bought the Scharnhorst.
Same.

Contemplating buying the Belfast because I've got like 200 dollars in credit to burn at Gamestop :shepspends:

Though I did start playing the other WoW again. My girlfriend plays it a ton when she's not working her insane vet schedule and she wanted me to play with her, so she bought me a resub. To be honest, after not having played for close to 10 years, it can be fun so long as you're not poopsocking.

Also, I'm in the process of selling off the last of my retro stuff that was just sitting in my closet. Sold a dude a copy of Vectorman 2 for like five bucks, proceed to get this message right when he sends payment

Some sperg on eBay posted:

The purpose of this statement is a protection mechanism for both of us in terms of time, effort, and frustrations. I have read the details of the description. If the item condition is not complete, does not match ebay's definition, your description is un-truthful, item smells of smoke, pics are missing, or is damaged by shipping; I will request a full or partial refund. PLEASE PACKAGE WELL. Stickers ruin games. I leave accurate feedback regarding shipping time and packaging. Have good day.

:psyduck: I loving hate the types of people this hobby attracts.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I treat her like a heavily armoured cruiser and just beat the poo poo out of other cruisers and DDs if they get close enough. Otherwise, I just start numerous fires on BBs once I run out of cruisers to knock out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Two Finger posted:

Yeah I just felt obligated to get my money's worth since I preordered it like a loving chump.

I have very few good things to say about it. The gameplay was a weird mishmash of the first three but without taking the strengths from all of them. The combat was a giant step back from ME3's incredibly tight fighting.The characters all tried so goddamned hard to be quirky and entertaining but not one of them had even a shred of the charm of the OG bro squad.

The only part I actually liked was towards the end when your father's memories reveal that the reason they fled the Milky Way was because of the Reapers, and then you get access to all the distress calls from the planets as they started getting hit. That was cool.

Yeah I pre-ordered it but returned it as soon as it showed up at my house. My friend said I could borrow his copy whenever I'd like to play it, but to be honest :effort:

Working my way through Dishonored 2 finally. Maybe it's me, but the story isn't as good as it was in the first game. Still fun though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Origin is such a piece of poo poo. Tells me I have updates for Battlefield 1 and TF2 but it won't install the updates or allow me to queue them. Restarting the app and my computer didn't fix it either.

Looks like I get to do a clean install.

EDIT: never mind, repairing did the trick. Still, Origin sucks and I wish they'd keep their stuff on Steam.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 20, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nine of Eight posted:

The funniest part is the Korean company that published his Sci-Fi MMO took advantage of him being in orbit to coup him and take control of his game since what could he do, he was in loving space.

Yeah but it tanked in what, six months? Jokes on them.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Pfft, amateurs.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

ImaNewbie and WTFman.com are what brought me to these here dumb forums of ours.

I came here from a forum called DaPlayasClub.

It was based around exiles from the Red Alert 2 forums, which were my first. That name though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

What game is this? War Thunder?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Dishonored 2 spoiler.

Why the gently caress would you wait to unleash arguably the coolest mechanic of your game (time travel) until the second to last mission? God drat, Titanfall 2 did this perfectly and I feel like I would have loved this game more had they brought this out earlier in the game.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I was never in and the closest I ever got was going to Ft. Lewis for ROTC so I am not in any way qualified to dunk on this guy, but loving lol.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Shockules posted:

I'm curious where he got those metrics of 1.7 bullets fired per kill since Vietnam.

Gonna guess "On Killing", which is garbage for numerous reasons.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

TCD posted:

Just got a 594m headshot knockdown then kill in pubg.

Feels good.

Were you wearing the pants with red piping when you did it?

This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Bought a Fortnite key from a goon in SA Mart.

Learn from my folly, that game loving sucks.