Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

1.6 is basically a modding patch from what I've heard, mainly to make stuff like stardew extended and stuff run way better. He's working on Haunted Chocolatier now which looks great so far.

This reminds me I need to update my stardew valley mod. I haven't touched it in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Wondering if we're ever going to get a LD Tell Tale game or something

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its the perfect av

im forbidden from posting in ycs on my rapsheet bc of it

im riding it until the servers burn

I just realized I lost my gang tags for this bit. lol

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, once you get tethers the game is entirely different.

Also one thing I dislike about it is that eventually you get to a point where you will always have an explosive decompression.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

GD_American posted:

It becomes trivial when you figure out the game physics. Never pop it from outside. Find the one working pressure regulator (they’ve patched it so every ship has at least one). Vent that compartment. Grab a wall, open the door (or cut it, in a ghost ship). Rinse, repeat.

Oh, I know how to handle it. I just hate it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

When? It's not on my steam store!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

orange juche posted:

loving baited, february 2023

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa life is pain

gently caress I was hoping that was the release date. :(

Now that I know there's an EA date the waiting is going to be far worse.

Also I'm very stoked for MP.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

McNally posted:

brb designing orbital denial weapons to deploy when I play MP with Cain

Jeb is my pilot, I shall not want.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Play mooncrash!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lint roll your cats more often. Problem solved!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

For sure I like the exploration and neuromod system with lots of freedom about what to take. And the recycler is so satisfying to use.

Defeating a puzzle by using a nerf gun never gets old.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Prey also has Walton Goggins in it. So like, it can't get much better.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Steezo posted:

Wait what? Who? Where? I've gone through it several times and never noticed.

He is Aaron Ingram, the prisoner in the big glass Extraction Chamber in the Psychotronics Lab area.

Even more spoilery info

You have the choice of basically dropping a recycling charge on him and getting a bunch of exotic material, or release him and he'll give you the keycode to a bunch of guns. It's possible to get it so that Aaron gets out on the shuttle ending

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Finished Prey, it was good.

Now play Mooncrash. It's Prey ^ 2

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If you like space station games and you like being made to suffer for the hubris of thinking you can balance anything, then Ixion is the game for you!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Imagine you're trying to drive a giant tesla across the universe and it's being operated by John Deere office workers.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

survival builders are my crack

I should have said a Tesla crewed by hundreds of comrade blyatolvs. I've heard stories....

And these people manage to cause explosions in an ant farm

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I never watched interstellar based entirely on the whole time travel behind a book shelf thing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

Interstellar is the only movie I’m aware of that’s a citable source for people in astrophysics. Apparently Christopher Nolan went and got a bunch of actual black hole data, fed it into one of their monster CGI computers, and came up with one of the first renders of an actual black hole…and it nearly matched up with an actual observation that came years later.

https://cerncourier.com/a/building-gargantua/

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/news/black-hole-image-makes-history

See, that's cool. I appreciate that. But it's just as cool seeing a couple gifts of it and knowing it happened without having to watch the rest of the movie attached to it.

Also interstellar might have John lithgow, but Sunshine has baby Chris Evans

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

orange juche posted:

I loving love it, if you play it right you can make it so you can steamroll the challenges in the game, but if you slip up, you will pay for it with the crew hauling your rear end out of your command capsule and ejecting you into space.

I figured out how to do sector specialization and it's made my second playthrough so much easier than my first bumblefuck that ended with me getting airlocked around mid chapter 3. First playthrough was *terrible* but the second one I feel like I'm invincible because I'm utilizing all of the things I didn't know about in the first run to their maximum ability, and just crushing it. :feelsgood:

I'm sure that something is going to come out of nowhere to slap me and just destroy my playthrough but right now I feel like a king in my run lol.

I unlocked the tech that shows you how far along you are to specialization 2 but...I can't find it. It's not in the UI interface anywhere I can see.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

God, chapter 3 in IXION was just a rude surprise.

<laughs in chapter 4>

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/553540/Phantom_Brigade/

This has sucked me in pretty hard. If you like mechs and you like tactical turn planning this is the game for you.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

orange juche posted:

If only the controller was compatible with Armored Core or another good mech game :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mechwarrior5/comments/o3xjtd/steel_battalion_controller_mapping_for_mw5/

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BotW is right there.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

With the amount of Battletech overlap among GiP - I think its been mentioned a few times in the Lancer thread and maybe before here, I can't be bothered to check.

Olive is making a FF Tactics style pixel art turn based strategy based on the Lancer TTRPG (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865179). Because Lancer is made by cool people and not Wizards of the Coast, the derivative work licence means that this is explicitly something you're allowed to do with the Lancer IP. And its endorsed by the creators, who include the guy who makes Kill Six Billion Demons, which is very good (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745508). For those unfamiliar with Lancer, imagine Battletech, but if the robots took LSD, more gay, and explicitly confronting the themes instead of being all larper window dressing. Be Gay do Luxury Space Communism is practically one of the main factions modus.

This all got kicked off after a simple Gadot experiment turned into a fun free demo got put on itch https://wick.itch.io/lancer-tactics

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1640053367710810113?s=20

Also this is what happens if you don't follow their 3rd party license rule of "The logo must be cool."

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1611433375864131609

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

Why the heck can’t I hold items from the menu that pops up when I press the dedicated “look at your items” button

If I have any complaints about Zelda so far it’s that they are packing way too much into the control scheme. And why does the dash button switch when you’re swimming?

You hold the "get ready to throw my melee weapon" button, THEN push the UP button, find the thing you want, and release the UP button, and now you're gonna throw that thing instead of your sword.

Also:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm about 15 hours in, and I've been avoiding all major quests/plotlines entirely, and just been spelunking around, re-discovering places I remember, unlocking shrines and towers, boosting my stamina to CLIMB ALL THE THINGS and hangglide ALL THE DISTANCES

There's at least one thing that helps you a lot with hang gliding around that comes from doing a bit of the story quests. Specifically doing the Rito story bit after talking to Purah at lookout landing.

It gives you a dash forward while hang gliding.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I also enjoy how we've just decided to call it the underdark and not whatever in game name they use which i've already forgotten.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

The underdark gave me serious Subnautica vibes, particularly from like the mushroom forest. Meanwhile the death traps are straight up inspired by :jeb:, and all of this is somehow contained and makes sense layered on top of Breath of the Wild.

It’s sheer magic that they were able to pull it off so cleanly.

e: it’s possible to strap a rocket to my shield and fly off, create a glider that can be described as an aerial warcrime to strafe bokoblin camps with cannons, and let’s not even get into the poor Koroks and how they’re being literally spit-roasted over open flame.

On my list of "things to make" is definitely "AC-130" for dealing with lionels

Also, in a funny turn of events, you can strap a rocket to fly into the air.

You can also strap a bomb to your shield, start to shield surf, and this will rocket jump you.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I find the shrines are a lot easier and it's been years since I played BotW. I think i've only had to google an answer twice?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Both times it was while I was at work and I didn't see the ledge or whatever. The breakroom at work is pretty bright.

Edit: I also enjoy the "Task Failed Successfully" aspect of this game and botw.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I want them to give me Legend of the Dragoon but with the new FF7 looking graphics.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

No but it would be rad if they did it in this style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JaYQDytelE

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hey what do you know both of those games are on my to-do list on my new anbernic!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bitbattle Remastered is all the BF type gameplay I used to like and no extra bullshit and is smooth as silk even with 200+ people playing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s crazy how good it is.

I really also like how the semi-destructable terrain changes things. Oh, there's some snipers up on that roof? Well, I guess I could try to get around behind them and chuck grenades.

Or I can just RPG-7 the corner he's standing on blow them the gently caress up

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Powerwash simulator is a psyop by consumerist titans to make you think you can power wash everything.

They Sell you a fun little game ($). Then you grow up, buy a power washer ($$$), and immediately start breaking things that you have to spend money to replace. ($$$$$)

We rent pressure washers, and when explaining to customers that once they go past the minimum time frame they can keep it until the next day cause they're paying for a whole day regardless.

I used to say "Yea, so might as well pressure wash everything at that point. Deck, driveway, dog..." in a jovial and joking manner.

The one person actually tried to pressure wash their dog and was all "Yea, he wouldn't sit still!"

Dog wasn't injured, he aint no dummy and bailed as soon as the idiot shot 2700psi water at him. But I stopped using that line at that point.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m so glad the Switch is ultra friendly to this approach. Play for a bit without needing to use the tv then can hit power button & it saves my exact location. Also have been a little quicker to use TotK YouTube guides, I like the puzzles but glad to have it made clear I had the right idea, was just using the wrong kind of water.

My wife got me an Anbernic handheld emulator out of the blue a few months back. And I felt bad cause like, i'm not an emulator playing person. So I had to explain that i'm not sure how much i'm actually going to use it, cause that's not the kind of games I play.

But then I was looking through it (a friend of ours pre-loaded it) and Legend of the Dragoon was on it and it had easy save state save/loading and so now I take that to work for my lunch time instead of the switch like I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Anyone got Baldur's Gate 3 yet? Looks like a timesink of epic proportions.

It's so good.