Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

The colors, Duke, the colors!

Here is a non zoomed in picture of my Factory, what are you hiding EBB??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A science producing mess

And if you start complaining about my ratios you're forgetting the golden rule: the ideal ratio is always more

That some good poo poo my dude.

Protip: Bus gears, it is actually loving great.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I've considered it. The thing is most end products that need gears also need plate as an intermediate product combined with gears or other things. So I make gears on-site and mix into a half gear/half plate line for production. If I'm short on belt space and don't need gears/plate I use the perpendicular underground belt trick to split two lane belts into one lane.

This is why I bussed Iron gears since it takes two plated to make a gear it means a full belt of gears equals two full belts of iron plate. Bussing them puts less strain on your iron production, which in turn puts less stress on your green circuit production.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm out of space to re-tool the circuit part of my factory or add to the bus that far up the chain. When this place is stripped out I'll drive out to the middle of nowhere and make a new and improved factory. That or start a new map gen with train settings. I've never had a really spread out network before and want to try it.

My current world is train settings with enemy bases turned down a bit.

There is 14 million units of coal on the west. I got decent copper and stone deposits nearby, iron is a ways away and i got no use for uranium right now.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFpGn_AZtQ

Uranium has turned out to be completely useless for me. I got a reactor and an enricher going, but the reactor only turns on for a short time every night to keep the accumulators from discharging. The rest of the time it's burning expensive fuel to keep the water hot and nothing else. I cut it out of the loop and went back to solar with maybe 50 boilers as backup. Peak load is 100 MW right now and the accumulators have 9 MJ in storage so I don't have any brownouts.

I will probably start dealing with nuclear once I get golden science automated and start making lvl 3 modules and beacons. Purple science was a pain in the dick.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have fought and won a war on heaven as a neutral. Then again it was a xenophobe and a xenophile fighting it out...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:spergin::hf::spergin:

LOL if you use solar and lasers.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Naked Bear posted:

Thank goodness for accumulators!

You mean my Steam reservoirs?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Waste of coal if you ask me. Get your pollution on automating solar/accumulators and liquefy the coal or turn it into plastic..

I have an oilfield nearby and I will convert that into solid fuel to keep fueling those steam engines.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

game not include oil fired boilers? wtf

You can use all types of oil as fuel for flamethrower turrets as shown here

In the vanilla game you can only burn solid fuel in the boilers so you could technically reduce all your oil by-products into solid fuel and burn that in the boilers. There are mods that let you burn off oil in order to heat water and poo poo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm probably going to eat a probation for this, but this is hilarious

How a controversial ban on anime is fueling what could be a major conflict.

Some choice quotes

quote:

The origins of the conflict date back months ago to a private Discord server for the WAFFLES alliance. As CEO Reza Najafi tells me, the alliance had previously been using chat programs that didn't support displaying images. But Discord does. Unbeknownst to Reza at the time, WAFFLES was harboring a considerable population of anime fans (or weebs as they call themselves) who were spamming anime memes in the Discord at all hours of the day. "The chat was flooded with so much anime, we had to ban it in our main channel," Reza tells me.
immediately following the decree, players dubbed the emerging conflict World War Weeb and the propaganda wheels began turning.
"Apparently every alliance in EVE has problems with weebs," Reza says.
We'll have more on this historic conflict as it unfolds.

LMAO

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My factory in factorio is operating nominally with the exception of steel production. I have moved steel production offsite but its a horrible unproductive mess.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yeah balancing changes have made steel needs go way up in .15. My in-line design of ore delivery->smelters->bus no longer works even with express belting. I'm going to move green circuit production to its own new factory and restart smelting a chunk off to the side. Raw materials aren't my problem so much as getting them where they need to go fast enough- late game really has me thinking about optimization.

Giving this a shot later:

I am going to star producing modules soon, but for now I think I will change my steel production outpost to this:

Then after I make a couple more steam generating outposts and start nuclear power I will module the poo poo out of everything. I will only use solar power once I "Win" the game and get the chevos for only using steam engines and not using lasers.

orange juche posted:

As someone looking at it from the outside, what is the point of Factorio besides autism? Or is that its main draw?

infinite recursive loop of building stuff because you need to build stuff because you need to build more stuff. plus what EBB said.

gently caress I even talked to my therapist about how loving obsessive I get about this game.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I've been churning out solar panels and accumulators since they were unlocked. Any time I'm short on power I just drop a few blueprints and the problem goes away.

The factorio thread points out that this design is outdated in .15 since substations have a larger effective footprint, but I think the ratio is still the same.

I don't need this hippie trash on my game thank you

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm not the guy having brownouts from lack of fuel :shrug:

That's why I am also not using lasers on this game I have so much oil that I can conceivably make rocket fuel and burn that poo poo in my boilers. Also I am planning on eventually switching to nuclear power.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Naked Bear posted:

Accumulators, dude. Put some into a solar panel / substation blueprint and never worry about power again. I usually throw down a huge blob of accumulators on their own just to act as an extra buffer for the occasional extra-heavy laser usage.

Get out of here you filthy hippie.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

hot depleted uranium slugs, mines and purifying flames made from the blood of earth shall purify my game from the alien infestation.

joking aside im just doing this to challenge myself and for the cheevos

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

God drat it uranium processing hurry up

Don't ask where those tier 1 assemblers are, I have no idea

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

At that time I had none, but now I have a logistics bot based speed module 3 production that IS beacon/speed module based. But now I gotta up my green circuit production again.
Edit: also im slowly getting prepared to get nucular power an poo poo on my game.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

It might be worth it if your base is gigantic and expansive. Like if I had a copper and iron ore patches close enough I will make green circuits on the spot.

This is my state of the base status update

East and south side of the base are surrounded by alien bases. I am building defensive walls and fixing the unnatural shorelines and making them square. just like god intended.

The south wall is holding, but I need to make a east wall.

Uranium set-up, Korvax refining is really good once you set it up properly.

Nuclear set-up that can be expanded. as long as you keep it 2 wide, you can lengthen infinitely and a certain amount of heat exhangers, offshore pumps and steam turbines.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

how about i go back to drinking and smoking instead

as the other factorio sperg this is not worth it, just set a short term goal, like make some blue prints for rails and intersections, do them, close the game and do other poo poo.

hell im planning on getting PUBGS or whatever an annoy u fucks with my accent

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

Already one funny accent itt duder

Then i claim token hispanic guy that is a weirdo but good with haircuts spot

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TOday i got extremely excited because I found out Blaster Master got remade into Blaster Master Zero. It kinda uses the NES graphics and kinda uses the campy story of both the original japanese NES game and the superior american version.

The downside is that they made it anime as gently caress.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't understand any of that

He made a series of factories that make modules that give manufacturing speed bonuses. He then used beacons (which transmit the efects of any module installed at the cost of the effect will be halved) in order to give the factory even more crafting speed. So i now the factory will put out a level 3 module every 10 seconds or so instead of taking 60.

Ratio is the number of every factory you need that would be the most efficient. It pushes out enough products not to stall the line but not enough to choke it down the line or starve the line of basic materials.

That's why factorio can sink its claws on you.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

So factorio is pretty much concentrated autism huh

All games are concentrated autism if you emphasise on being efficient as gently caress.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I just got PUBG and its ok so far

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

PUBG was fun with other gippers, i neex to find out how to feen music directly into the sound channel so i can play regetton on it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Doing a little day drinking there buddy? CG give you a 96?

Im not

Shockules posted:

Are you saying you didn't have a fun time trying to punch pesticide to death and then have me kill you while we were on the same team?

please dont kink shame me

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Im bad at that game

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7ixK1xpsM

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Today in Factorio: Autism

SR Latches and YOU
Here are some pictures of the SR latches and its conditions:

and one hour power productions for each segregated power grid:

The gently caress all this means you autistic gently caress?
1) As long as the accumulator charges are above 20% Steam power is disconnected from my main power grid.
2) Once the accumulator charge is below 20% then the decider combinator (the <20 one) turns true and activates the power switch.
3) Because of the arithmetic combinator (the *-60 one) the power switch will stay on until accumulator charge reach 80%.
4) Once the accumulators reach 80% the SR Latch resets.

It is pretty loving good and you can actually modify the latch to activate and deactivate at whatever charge you want.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I present an alternative solution: built more nuclear plants. More is the solution to every problem in this game.

The SR latch is flexible, you can have a farm of accumulators powering your factory and have a nuclear power plant providing back-up power to them once their charge meter falls below whatever percentage you set it up. That way accumulators are useful at soaking up the extra power, your power plants aint working extra time and you only spend fuel when you need it.

If you want cool circuit stuff, I've been using this blueprint with my solar farms while spooling up uranium

https://i.imgur.com/x0A3X5w.mp4

https://factorioprints.com/view/-Kl-UBR-bwCP_K3qFXzf

This is cool and good.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Missionary Positron posted:

I can't find the tweet atm, but someone on twitter was crying about how Ubisoft didn't have the balls to make an FPS where you kill islamic extremists :lol:

He could play COD 4 if he wants to do that.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Naked Bear posted:

ATOMIC BOMB?!

Holy poo poo, I need to jump up to 0.15.

e: And update my artillery mod to fire nukes. :stare:

There is also spent uranium ammo that is ridiculous good.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

not one of mine i'm not this lazy but it's too late for edits

me but with depleted uranium shells and the tank flamethrower.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Paving the world. My logistics network covers the entire rail network and I have a dedicated factory just for concrete. Couple trains shuttle the concrete around the network so the bots do less stupid travel. The 3000 construction bots I have running so far aren't even close to being enough to do this quickly so I'm pumping them out as fast as possible.

Short term to do list:
- Do another copper outpost
- Start mining rocks
- Start building beacon smelters

Long Term goals:
- Build an coal liquefaction outpost just so I can make solid fuel -> Rocket fuel.
- Build a wall

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reverand maynard posted:

PUBG really needs bullet penetration.

They have other poo poo to fix other than bullet penetration.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Like when the game loads in sections incorrectly and there are only a few walls and no doors or windows :argh:

that was legit weird as poo poo. During that same game when I was on the car and used my iron sights all I could see was my silencer floating in the air.

the game is as broken as the eastern European country it takes place in.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

suboptimal posted:

So is PUBG no longer the GIP game of favor? I've been away for a few weeks and was looking forward to jumping back in on that poo poo. At least RS2 looks cool!

Both actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I found Pesticide 20 arm and leg stash