Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Here's the place for all your gamertags and whatnot, along with discussing the GIP Flavor of the Month game

Post your tags and what you're playing most these days, and we can go back to talking about how good MGSV is

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Play factorio my lord

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

My wife got a really nice computer desk off of Wayfair, only downside is you have to piece it together.

First world problems

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bought Project CARS...again. Steam sale was too good and my PS4 copy doesn't have the DLC.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

use these settings

:rice:

Thanks Holly. Does this turn off tilt steering on the steam controller? It's driving me nuts having to keep the controller level all the time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I agree dude. Even when the bosses are cool, I just wanna get on with my adventure. This same argument applies to Dark Souls series also. I like adventuring and exploring, not fighting giant scary things <:saddowns:>

The bosses aren't that bad in MGS1, but they get worse until V which has only one big one and I love it. V best Metal Gear.

Edit: And bosses are really the only things that make Extreme runs super difficult. Sure the game itself is made much more challenging but the bosses are brick walls of difficulty in those modes.

The core of Dark Souls is the bosses, though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dress for ~fashion souls~ unless it makes you fatroll.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:catstare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anybody play the new Resident Evil?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1fszKmpwZM

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh!

subterfudge posted:

As a part of Elder Scrolls Online.

Oh.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've been back on a Dwarf Fortress kick for a few weeks. I'm really waiting for the Factorio update to hit but it's delayed till who knows when. :sigh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

come shark with us

yo ebb come be a diver :getin:

I own the game but I'm terrible at it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Both. I'm pretty poo poo at it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

I don't really have no super gaming keyboard and mouse boner, but my mouse died and I got this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICMWU4W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's pretty good.

What's that black thing coming out of the front of it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Love me some Mass Effect but going to wait for reviews.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm not big on boss battles but shooting terminator baby in the face was p. rad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Melthir posted:

Ark on the xbone isnt bad come play on server 422. gently caress you dinos are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Autosperg :catstare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Elmaligno what height size do you use for your ribbon worlds? I'm taking a crack at 50.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

100 or maybe 200 is still restrictive while giving you flexibility.

Also gently caress you i kicked the habit.

I was waiting for .15 but got the itch again despite the delay. Tried out having separate iron/copper production sites to feed steel and green circuits so they don't drain the main bus. Really helps with throughput.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

booooooooooooooooo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My uncle at Nintendo says the Switch is bad.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I go down that rabbit hole less often now. Every time I end up starting from scratch because my mods are outdated and CKAN doesn't cover all of them. Bare minimum I need MechJeb (porkchop calculations), Kerbal Engineer, and EVE to really play.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I treated MechJeb as a way of inserting fun back into the game after learning how to do things the hard way. I've done all of the major maneuvers including rendezvous manually, after that I feel I've earned the use of the tool.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Murdering masses of druggies is pretty much the best thing you could do in a videogame in the eyes of a Southern Baptist Chaplin back then. And probably now

My wife is funny like that too. Totally fine with all the sim/sperg games I play, not so much FPS. Last week I'm playing the new Sniper Elite and she asks what I'm doing, I say I'm killing Nazis. She approved heartily.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That dude is generally a Bad Poster

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i dunno man i just go to games to post in the dwarf fortress thread or read about factorio

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nintendo just can't get with the times. It's almost like they have a link to the past.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shyduck posted:

Yeah lemme buy Super Mario Bros for the 1000th time but you can't be bothered to even try and port F-Zero GX

I realize that's a pretty apples and oranges comparison but gently caress it

No it's right on. Yes Nintendo, in 2017 the public wants another platformer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can I live out all of my Sicario masturbation fantasies?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I gotta watch that again. Great movie, bigly.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That scene with Del Toro and Blunt in the kitchen is harsh as hell. Nothing will change no matter what you choose, you only get to choose whether you live or not. We're going to keep doing this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

This dude is rad as hell

I like how they basically put Mike Vining in the movie.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Welp got Ghost Recon. Gonna make Mike Vining.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So it's fun and very pretty. Game has a few faults but nothing horrible. Biggest complaint is that the vehicles (helicopter especially) handle like dogshit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh wow I just realized this game has microtransactions. Stay golden Ubisoft. You're a poo poo company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

For helicopters I don't understand how but a friend I play with can zoom around in one using kb and mouse like it's nothing. In the beta he did a barrel roll to dodge an incoming missile. There's a trick to it I haven't learned but it's real cool as a passenger.

I'm still trying to figure it out. Most games you can pitch forward to gain velocity at the cost of altitude, then hit the gas again to pull up. What I can tell from Wildlands is that you need to be throttling up or down constantly to get any movement, and whether you gain or lose altitude is a crapshoot. I just want to be able to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THTuoscYdXU