Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Enhanced Edition is on sale for :10bux: on Steam for a few more hours if anyone is interested in some more crpg crunch after Baldur's Gate 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I haven't touched a fighting game in decades, but I remember playing the first Tekken game on the PS1 back in the 90's and thinking that it was the coolest poo poo I've ever seen.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

What are you playing as? I played an absolutely evil bastard of a rogue on my first playthrough, it was a lot of fun.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 24, 2024

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Neat! Never played a bard myself but everyone seems to love them. I'm currently in the middle of a dark urge playthrough where I'm a sword and board vengeance paladin, feels great to be able to soak up some damage for change after having spent the past couple of weeks playing a squishy sorcerer glass cannon.

Personally, I would also resist the temptation to binge watch youtube tutorials and scour forums threads for tips, going into BG3 almost completely blind and just seeing where the game takes you was one of the most entertaining experiences I've had in a long time.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I got Battletech for some spare change on a Steam sale and I just spent like two hours reading lore in the character creation menu, what is happening

e: Today I learned that the Succession Wars happened because the space weeaboos tried to usurp the throne of the Star League.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 27, 2024

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

Sounds like you need to drift off listening to the sonorous voice of Tex Talks Battletech.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR5zhFCFVb9XC9FtMuHzgdcl0WvfsQdC0

He's got a handful of ones about various lore events, and a bunch of ones on key mechs, their variants, and importantly, short stories of individual pilots or how they played into those bigger historical events.

Thanks, I listened to a few of these while at work today. This franchise has largely sailed under my radar, I think the last Battletech thing I touched was Mechwarrior 2 back in the 90's.

SerthVarnee posted:

That does not narrow down the list of suspects.

Draconis Combine! Or so the tooltip told me.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I think I'm beginning to understand what it's like for someone who is new to something like Warhammer 40k when they suddenly realize that there's like 30+ years worth of lore to dig through before you can figure out what is happening.

Anyone got The Thaumaturge yet? Looks pretty promising.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Still enjoying BG3, finished act 2. Needed to drop FOMO attitude & stick with my three favorite companions & not sweat missing the other character arcs for this play through. Glad I looked up recommended classes as Bard is fun.

I feel like I've OD'd on Baldur's Gate 3 at this point. Not going to reveal how many hours I have in the game but it's an absurd amount.

As a change of pace I find myself playing Ixion, again. Self-similar space is the best space.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I really like the way you build out your space station in Ixion, it's like construction Tetris and your OCD gets just as triggered when you end up with empty spaces.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Get in losers, we're playing Manor Lords.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Control is one of my favorite games as well, but I can see how the plot can be a bit of an acquired taste for some. That game really made me miss having access to a sauna. Perkele.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Hadn't heard of that but looks cool on YouTube, how is it?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Please post your thoughts

I only just installed it this morning but give me a couple of days and I'll write up a post with some more details. Seems fun so far though! In terms of gameplay I've seen people describe it as a mashup of Frostpunk, Total War and Crusader Kings. It very much feels like a chill city builder so far but I suspect that poo poo will probably go sideways soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Manor Lords has me hooked pretty good since Friday. Early access stuff like two policies you can sign, ever, on a tree that shows like 20, and the tutorial is not going to give you critical information so you learn the hard way. Games still fun, I'm getting stuff figured out and getting solid progress towards kicking that baron's rear end.

Plays kinda like Starcraft but not just "build a pylon". A much more detailed and engaging city system where you're optimising buildings, managing personnel and supply chains, planning yearly crops for food and so on. Going to war takes a huge chunk of your population out of the shops and fields so can grind your economy to a halt.

Battles can usually be won by bigger numbers and push armies together if you want, but if you get down low and start looking there's morale bonuses that matter, charging spearmen hurts like a motherfucker, the high ground matters, flanking will destroy armies with no armor from behind, archers force units to run through engagement range reducing stamina for the melee and more I haven't found yet.

I think there's also tools for an eventual castle building/siege step in province control.

This sums it up better than I could have. I also like how you can make the burgage plots produce a small amount of resources, thus reducing the risk of falling into the dreaded survival city builder death spiral where you suddenly have an oh poo poo moment and realize that you need a huge amount of [resource X].