Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Reverand maynard posted:

I tend to hate boss fights and MGS is no exception to the rule. One minute its a stealth game the next you're fighting weird, pseudo science super soldiers.

I agree dude. Even when the bosses are cool, I just wanna get on with my adventure. This same argument applies to Dark Souls series also. I like adventuring and exploring, not fighting giant scary things <:saddowns:>

The bosses aren't that bad in MGS1, but they get worse until V which has only one big one and I love it. V best Metal Gear.

Edit: And bosses are really the only things that make Extreme runs super difficult. Sure the game itself is made much more challenging but the bosses are brick walls of difficulty in those modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The core of Dark Souls is the bosses, though.

The core of dark souls is adventuring and getting items! I don't hate the boss battles but I'd rather just keep merrily adventuring.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Buca di Bepis posted:

Watching Jeff Gerstmann of Giantbomb play Titanfall 2 -

Lol it's a completely loving different game on consoles with a gamepad. Guess I made a mistake buying on PC.

What's apparently different on consoles?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Wow. I was gonna get one but... now maybe not. I'm probably even gonna get rid of my WiiU because I never play that thing and the controller lights up randomly with noises and advertisements (I know I can disable that, but I'd have to turn on the console for that).

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I just watched footage of that mario game and I'll buy a switch when that comes out. Game looks awesome and I love me some mario.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wiius are getting harder and harder to find it seems so you might be able to get decent cash for it

Wow did not know that. Was just gonna give it to a buddy. Now I'll make that fool pay.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dirt 4 was announced this morning. The game will be going back to the Dirt 2/3 theme and will have Dirt Rally's physics modeling as an option.

Phone posting so I can't link the trailer or articles.

Oh poo poo I loved Dirt 2. The 3rd game was a little too GYMKHANA but I'm excited. I wish I had more time and patience for Rally because I like it so much, but I gots other games to play. Using the power of my 1080, I been playing Payday 2 and DUCK GAME.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
If you haven't played Last Guardian give it a shot. The frame-rate and control issues are present but nowhere near as bad as people say and it is all worth it for the ending :3:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

TDY hook up with 15 guys in the back.

Tell us more about your 16 man mile high club

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Ghost recon wildlands is very fun with pals.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I was kind of looking forward to the switch but not only is it overpriced it looks pretty poo poo all around. If they changed a couple things it would have been so much more appealing

Probably still son a ton though

That Mario game is what has me buying one. I love me some Mario games.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

elite_garbage_man posted:

I'm stll grinding away trying to platnum mgsv currently tackling the 100% mission tasks and at 40+ missions done.

just have a handful of cheevos left after that.

I was waiting for Nioh to unlock on Monday night and booted up MGSV for the first time since I got my 1080 (HOLY poo poo I didn't think the game could look any better, but welp) and realized I'm very close to 100% achievement in this.

Only problem is it's on steam where you can just hack your achievements in and it doesn't matter :saddowns:

I'm only on mission 25 or something on my PS4 copy :negative:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

The Rat posted:

I finished mission 50 on MGSV, but now I dunno if I have the motivation to grind everything up afterwards.

Especially since it will mean losing ~mai sniper waifu~ without the butterfly emblem in place.

You can get her back if you play her boss battle 7 times.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm really glad I finally got to try For Honor because it's seems boring. Had a few "wow that was awesome" moments like dropping a spike on a bad guy or tossing a guy into a pit but the overall gameplay just didnt grab me.

Nioh loving owns tho

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm almost 100% achievement on mgsv on steam. But because steam achievements don't matter I want to do it on ps4 except I'm only around mission 25 or 26. So to prevent burnout I bought a ps3 and I'm gonna play 2,3,4 and peace Walker :anime:

Started 4 last night. Sure are a lot of cutscenes, but dang the gameplay feels :ocelot: :madmax:

Edit: and ground zeroes. And I may attempt revengeance but I don't know if my donkey brains can handle it

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 14, 2017

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Can we just be done with this pre-alpha bullshit? Never buying another early access game goddamn.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Went to the foxhole page and it's straight listed as Pre-Early Access. It doesn't cost anything but god drat.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Arc Light posted:

I've got a GeForce 970 graphics card. I guess that isn't nearly enough? 1920x1080 is the highest res option the game will give me.

I mean, ideally you'd want to live in the control vault where Vault-Tec isn't loving with you, but really, would it be so bad to live in smooth jazz vault, where they play lounge music all the time?

Shoot, can't be worse than some of the places I've lived.

The page for the texture pack on steam says a requirement is a 1080 so they may just stealth not activate it despite you having it installed. That and your monitor isn't good enough to show the detail anyway.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Got MGS3 platinum today. That was the easiest one possible and only took ~15 hours gametime. The other MGS games... not so much.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh hell yes. I'm one of those weirdos who thinks DS2 was the best in the series.

Same. I love the majula music and just chilling looking at the sunset on the ocean. I really dig the ds2 vibe.

Also dual wield power stance maces is the most fun.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta for a bit. It was cool and I pre-ordered it because I enjoy playing Tier 1 Barbie Narcos dress up.

This beta is a lot better than the last one. Graphics performance is better for one. On a 1080 the last beta chugged randomly but this time it's smooth as all hell with everything maxed. Also playing on the highest difficulty is the way to go. The second area they added for this one gives high hopes for the rest of the game. Anti air, alert sirens, power generators you can disable, well placed enemies and patrol routes, poo poo is really well done. The new area gives a much more mgsv feel.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Souls series and Diablo 2 are the only ones I can think of that gets gear degradation to the point where it isn't a massive "gently caress you we're adding play time and choice related content" without them bothering to make it fun or even strategic

Except when they released Dark Souls 2 on PC and gear degraded twice as fast because they calculated it based on number of frames in contact with dead bodies or walls. They eventually fixed it but that was horrible.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I gave my Wii-u to a friend because I don't play it and am a good friend.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I used to defend Nintendo but mostly out of nostalgia and love for mario/metroid/zelda games. Now that metroid is dead and I haven't liked a Zelda since wind waker (the 3ds one is good tho) coupled with the fact the switch is hosed up in the same way the U was hosed up, I just don't even care. Like I'm not mad at games or whatever it's just I can't even be bothered to buy one or get hype at all.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Handsome Ralph posted:

Same.

Honestly, I think I finally stopped caring about Nintendo poo poo when they started putting SNES games on n3DS but didn't do cross purchases or anything with Wii U. They've had so many years to get online play and account stuff right, and they keep loving it up.

Oh well, I'll just go play my PS4 and PC games instead. Not the end of the world.

Oh yeah the lack of an account based system for digital purchases is really lovely.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Two Finger posted:

I just can't really understand how pokemon is still a thing. It was huge when I was in school twenty years ago.

Autism or nostalgia or both.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
My favorite bug in the beta was the pilot of the helicopter hovering outside the door in a running animation, the blades not spinning or making sound, and everything else proceeding normally.

Installing game now.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
For helicopters I don't understand how but a friend I play with can zoom around in one using kb and mouse like it's nothing. In the beta he did a barrel roll to dodge an incoming missile. There's a trick to it I haven't learned but it's real cool as a passenger.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Ghost recon is most fun just flying around trying to find new weapons, stumbling across missions, and then clearing a base quietly and then OH gently caress THEY SAW ME

It's a poor man's MGSV control-wise but playing with a buddy more than makes up for it.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
The VR missions in mgs2 can get hosed. I'm stuck on the final sniping mission and the controls are such poo poo and there's no strategy beyond git gud. This and beating the game on extreme are the last two things keeping me from a platinum trophy.

Maybe I should take a break and do something else for a while

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what are you playing on? if its vita just walk away, the controls for mgs2 p. much sucked

Vita :negative:

I can TRANSFARR to the PS3 version but I'm a little gunshy on that because I got the platinum trophy on MGS3 and the save transfer hosed up somehow and it didn't give me all the trophies. I can do everything else except this sniping mission so I'll wait till it's literally the last (well there's 2 missions after it but still) thing to do before plat and then transfer to ps3 for slightly better controls and bigger screen.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah i got to the Ray battle and quit, controls sucked for that part.

Doing all the VR missions made me really good at the game. It's just sniping is that goddamn hard with all the moving targets. When I get to the Extreme Ray battle I'll see how far my patience takes me.

Also I have Ghost Babel and it is actually really good.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

So on the character I just leveled up for the DLC and killed princes with, I set the controller down wrong and killed the loving blacksmith.

:suicide:

Lmao you should definitely know better by now.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

I wouldn't care about it in any other game but gently caress me I ran into a bug in MGSV where I had already captured the Jehuty Ibis but it didn't give me the emblem. You can't redo that side-op so I'll never have 100% completion rate. Playing it on PS4 so I can't just download some hack to fix it.

:shepicide:

What bug is that? Now I'm worried

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Anyone else kind of amped for Yooka-Laylee? Banjo-Kazooie style collectathon by old Rare developers. I love those lovely games from the N64 era so I'm ready for a new one.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I bought a switch because I'm traveling overseas and my day to day work involves a lot of downtime and zelda owns mario kart owns gently caress the haters.

It's a terrible system and def not worth it if you don't have a need for zelda or portable stuff (lol Vita (which I have with me too))

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

vita is cool now if you hacked it when it had the 3.60 firmware

Man I'm so over hacking systems. I used to be way into that stuff and even dabbled in writing homebrew but I just don't even have the energy for it anymore.

To clarify my "this system sucks" statement, in order to connect to my hotel's wifi I had to download an update that enabled to feature to connect to wifi with a login page (think kind of like starbucks). My workaround was to use my phone as a hotspot and burn 200 MB international data that luckily is getting paid for by work. After the update everything worked fine. It's just a rushed, incomplete system. Games sure are fun though.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 5, 2017

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Shockules posted:

The patch also includes air control for the bikes so you can do some sweet tricks kill yourself loving up a sweet trick.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah I mean look at the abusive girlfriend that is Destiny. Why yes I'll play the same mission over and over for months then do it again only backwards what's that $40 to do it all over again? Sold

But this time on PC with hackers deleting your entire inventory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

cowboy elvis posted:

Sony finally halted production of the PS3. RIP a good console.

I have a ps3 plugged in right along with my ps4 because there are so many good games.