Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I was going to say wouldn't the author whose name I can't remember hate him more, but then I remembered she had beef with Seth Meyers over the apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

DivisionPost posted:

I'd like to know more about any of this.

I legitimately cannot recall her name right now, author, and every time she comes on his show she's just bitter and making GBS threads on him constantly in the interview about "I was all lined up to buy this apartment in the city and then you swooped in, mister 'I have 3mil in cash'. YOU TOOK MY APARTMENT." But she's witty so it's always taking on new forms. The last I saw was "yeah, they booked me because I finished my new book, would you like to read it?" "Oh no, I can't, I have a baby now-" "Yeah, I didn't think so, we didn't send over a copy for a reason you illiterate degenerate."

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

DivisionPost posted:

I'd like to know more about any of this.

Checking later: Fran Lebowitz.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lurdiak posted:

Millenium is on the watch list once I get to the lovely part of X-files. I don't remember that show being good that often, but it was so loving weird.

I pretend Millennium was only the first two seasons but it's mostly just that second one being so good.

Rarity posted:

The first two seasons of Skins are great, the third season is half-ace, half-dreadful and from then on it goes completely off the rails. I watched season 4 right up until the penultimate cliffhanger where Freddie confronts Effy's therapist because he has been hypnotising her so he can kidnap her and gets murdered with a baseball bat

what

This sounds like British Ryan Murphy. If I go watching am I going to get that level of crazy?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Well this is a thing we've all joked about for years.

quote:

LONDON – The contestants of a British reality show that marooned them in the wilderness for a year as a social experiment have returned to civilization – only to discover the series was canceled several months ago and no one bothered to tell them. The Channel 4 program, “Eden,” assembled 23 men and women and dispatched them to a remote corner of the Scottish Highlands, where they were told to set up a self-sufficient community. The group was cut off from any contact with the outside world, and had to “decide on their own rules and laws, build their own shelter, grow their own food and raise their own livestock,” according to a statement released when the show was first announced. The year-long experiment was recorded by a four-strong crew as well as personal cameras and a fixed rig. Four episodes of the show – covering March, April and May – were broadcast last summer. But ratings slipped from 1.7 million to 800,000, leading Channel 4 to pull the plug on further updates.

No one bothered to tell the remaining contestants, who reportedly endured boredom and infighting, were reduced at one point to eating chicken feed, and only emerged last week from their less than splendid isolation to discover that their fellow Brits voted to leave the European Union and Donald Trump was elected president of the United States.

I can't tell who lost out most here, the dudes who got to be sheltered from that for a year or the ones who came home to the madness.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

BSam posted:

Holy poo poo powerless is still going?

This is what I say every time the DVR records a new one, yeah

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Longbaugh01 posted:

Speaking of Powerless, three weeks ago they inexplicably took a week off without any announcement or reason I saw, and then last week NBC last-minute ordered their affiliates to not air the episode originally planned because it involved a poison gas attack.

Except not all of the affiliates got the memo (especially in Canada) so many of them aired it anyway.

Oh, that was supposed to not show? I saw the description in the recordings and winced but was not nearly high enough to want to watch it.

raditts posted:

I wasn't aware it even started yet. Based on the promos, the smart move would have been to smother it before it had and quietly pretend it never happened.

It's just amazing how I love most of the cast and yet someone decided in 2016/2017 that the best thing to do with a concept that could be some fun and a cast of proven entertaining comedians was "stock sitcom plots played completely straight like it was a TV Land marathon in spandex".

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

ShakeZula posted:

This season of Fargo is really not very good, and that sucks because I loved the first two.

I'm one... I guess two episodes back now, but yeah, I agree. The "detour" episode was a weird time waster that has soured all my momentum on this year.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

X-O posted:

Shyamalan laughing-stock territory

In all honesty: give them a 5-10 year cooloff period like he got and they'll get another shot, guaranteed. And it led to the dude's best work in ages.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Castlevania is:
a) way better than I expected
b) about 200% Warren Ellis, which I also expected

edit: tone down a) some, I just got to the first fight scene
edit 2: tone down a) entirely because somehow this is cratering episode by episode in a 4-episode show

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 7, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Upon finishing Castlevania: how the gently caress did this crater more and more with each episode? How did they skimp so much on the budget when it is FOUR EPISODES? I thought the order was so small to pay for quality! WHY DOES IT END IN THE MOST COCKTEASING PLACE POSSIBLE AFTER loving NOTHING HAPPENS?

This wasn't even entertainingly bad and has actually made me quite angry that I watched it, gently caress everyone who touched this.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nothing seemed really wrong with the budget stuff.

Dude. Most of episode three was still shots where only a mouth moved in the middle. Something was definitely up.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Aww, damnit. This loving sucks, RIP Lafayette.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Celery Jello posted:

the navelgazing listicles and My World of Flops-style journeys into weird pop culture esoterica are where my bread gets buttered

I feel it should be pointed out for anyone else who wasn't aware, like me, that Mr. My World of Flops/top Juggalo himself Nathan Rabin started his own, obscenely quickly updated site.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

raditts posted:

Nathan Fillion's career will never be in trouble so long as Joss Whedon exists.

We'll see how long that is after his ex-wife coming out and blasting him this weekehahahahaha like a big name dude in Hollywood could get fired for anything shy of murder

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

muscles like this! posted:

Oof, I guess that AMC show Loaded isn't doing too good. They've bumped it for a rerun of Preacher

Wait, seriously? That's even more insane since I think this week was the finale.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Ah, that explains why my DVR still has it listed. Still, guess that answers if they'll try giving it a second series like the original.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

JethroMcB posted:

Except the last season. Oh, brudder...

The final season has a single amazing detail in it as it averts a happy ending at all costs.

Bill has Vampire AIDS! Not even being the God of all vamps will save him! But it's okay, fairy blood can cure it or something. But for him, it has to be THE STRONGEST to live.

Cue Rutger Hauer being asked point blank if he will and going "What? No. I loving hate that guy."

And then not only does he die, he doesn't even want to go with dignity, making Sookie stab him alone in a graveyard while she screams.

That final season sucked but god were there some good moments in that plot line.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

STAC Goat posted:

I think True Blood was the first show I ever abandoned and never looked back from completely killing the "sunken cost" fallacy with TV for me.

Please tell me you got to the end of the death camps season for the funniest death scene on television. I will never forget "I love you..." (makes eye contact with ex-wife while screaming) "... JASON STACKHOOOOOOOOUSE"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Party Plane Jones posted:

IIRC they ended up reshooting the ending because the original one leaked and it was the happy ending.

Really? I did not know this and that makes it even funnier.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

raditts posted:

Beck doesn't really rep scientology or anything though, does he? I thought he was only a scientologist so far as he was born into it.

He is definitely complicit in, if not directly involved, in the suicide of one of his former collaborators and girlfriend after Scientologists harassed them to madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Snak posted:

That looks really bad.

I've been watching Roseanne the last few weeks, because I never watched it before... I like it a lot. It's really good. Those promos are bad...

I will make you feel more sane: Roseanne (the series) still holds up pretty well to this day. There is basically no way for the new episodes of it to be good because Roseanne (the person) has gone batshit loco in the intervening years and is still the person with final say on this revival.

• Locked thread