Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I liked Taboo and will watch the rest but it kind of felt like ... a good adaptation of a slightly dark YA novel? Hardy was a bit too-cool-for-school, like the last third of Count of Monte Cristo but without any of the development. Hopefully Pryce and Lord Percy Jr at the EIC or his ~dark past~ will provide some kind of obstacle in the following episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

As much as Adam Levine's character wrongs Keira's in the movie, its hard not to go 'look at Adam Levine, he is obv a star. Let him shine'.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Which episode of Agents of Shield was the showdown on the alien planet where Ward is possessed? I can't remember if it was a season or mid-season finale and want to pick it back up.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Thanks!

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

I always find it weird when someone asks something like, "Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing during that one scene?"

Its great that there are websites dedicated to this, because otherwise I'd never have worked out the 'heavy' track near the end of the Limitless finale (which plays samples of 'wired for sound' backwards) was Blanck Mass, because of course it was.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Once I found a copy of the 1910 Encyclopedia Brittanica featured in the episode of Picket Fences about the child who gets in trouble for quoting the section about comparative brain sizes of various races and Crikey it really was that bad

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Longbaugh01 posted:

Hank Azaria's Brockmire on IFC was mentioned once in here by a guy who trashed it. I'd like to give an opposing view and tell you I think it's good, funny, and IFC already ordered a second season. You don't need to know anything about baseball to enjoy it. Hank Azaria has been doing the character/voice since he was 15 and was recently sued by some douchenozzle over the voice and Azaria won.

Haha it's Chet from Unreal, seems fitting that he'd be that sort of BS Hollywood dispute

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Finally finished the last two seasons of Nikita, pretty much a perfect long ending. Amazing how they balance CW drama/spy action/kickass fights/some actual dark poo poo so well.

Always funny recurring thing where non-specops mooks show up, talk big, immediately get ruined.

Also friends rules

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I love every single second of Black Jesus and wish that would run forever.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Big fan of both Nikita shows, both could be surprisingly dark for 90s/CW sci fi in gripping ways. "So, uh, 45 agents died agonising deaths when terrorists flooded level 12 with sarin gas". "gently caress 'em, dead wood. Send the footage to Nikita to keep her on her toes."

"Welcome to the torture room, where torture happens" "Bring it" *snaps own thumb backwards*

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Both of those things excite me like a dog with two dicks.

Is that good?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

omg hungry like the wolf thank you for this tviv people.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Donna does a straight-to-camera bit about how she's in Pawnee because she likes the town but also that housing prices are rock bottom so she can invest all she makes elsewhere.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 14, 2017

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

CineD put me onto Regeneration and it really is a perfect, no-frills, solid action flick. JVCD, Lundgren, the MMA guys and even the one comedy scientist just get to work and there's no fat whatsoever.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Snak posted:

If you haven't, you need to check out Man of Tai Chi, which Reeves directed, but is mostly a platform for his stuntman friend Tiger Chen to star in and be awesome. Tiger Chen is protagonist and Keanu Reeves is the villain. Straight up old-school "martial arts tournament" movie plot.

Sorry for the completely OT thought but I've always wondered about one thing in this film: Tiger's relationship with the female lead ends very sweetly/chastly - I wondered if that was 'Chinese Film Board' compliant, or more in line with culture, or film genre (just saw the awesome Way of the Dragon which I guess is similar) because drat if I wasn't expecting Tiger to give her a big old snog.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

There was still the barest trace of an edge in the later seasons, Phoebe's past, Joey fuckin'. OTOH (and I made this same post the last time this conversation came around) Chandler started as an actual person with a life but somehow regained his virginity (minus Janice and maybe that time he was in the box) by the time he was with Monica. It was a good show.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

The Blair / Bush analogues are too old hat and some bright spark would actually cast Alec Baldwin (sorry!) as fresh and timely. Wonder if PS (did it again) is too old/just right/still keen on the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

There wasn't a Bush analogue in the comic.

Thought Ellis said that in the prefaces but it's been years since I read them... First page of Google results says he was actually psychic and absolutely talking about Trump, so no, definitely don't make the show.

• Locked thread