Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's the normal way to do things. I think the Netflix execs became too convinced that everything Netflix makes is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I started iZombie S3 and I still don't understand why oh why they did this to Blaine.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Correct.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The outline for Babylon 5 is very different than where the show went. It's just that you had one guy writing it, so he had a lot of control over the changes and kept things feeling natural.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I hope they spend more than one episode in their Ghostbusters costumes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, wot? how's that a working?

CBS doesn't know how to do the streaming thing, and they think this will make people subscribe to their streaming service.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

You only never see Netflix do staggered releases if you're American.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

KOTH wouldn't be the same without Luanne :(

I totally forgot that she's dead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Defenders: Liked Jessica clowning on the other characters, didn't like the story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

This "Good Place" show is pretty funny.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

zoux posted:

Crime drama set in the Ozarks :thunk:
Awkward timing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I thought it would've worked better if they had introduced the girlfriend as one of Pike's people, have Bellamy as an early Pike supporter, then becomes conflicted after the massacre instead of later on. Same basic plot beats.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

About halfway through, I'm finding the Orville way too unfunny.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think Making a Murderer is the primary one they parody, but just seeing The Jinx works.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I am so puzzled at all the praise the Orville is getting.

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with the critics here.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think her later explanation squares with her original quote.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

There is no such thing as an ideal episode count. This is a grass-is-always-greenerism.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Uh, what? JJ definitely has worse pacing, the 2nd half of Luke Cage could've been a few episodes shorter too.

No pacing would've made Diamondback not be lovely.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 19, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's really not. Those 2 shows definitely could've been condensed down to have much tighter pacing without anything, especially JJ.

A bad/good/mediocre 13 episode show would've been a bad/good/mediocre 8 episode show because it's the same people writing it. People regularly say the same thing in reverse too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

Rogue One is good actually

It's definitely in the top 5 of Star Wars movies, anyway

I feel like it would've been better without the unnecessary blind super-kung-fu monk character that's in a hundred movies and TV shows.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

How much almost-free ad money can you make with a web aftershow? Does Hardwick work super-cheap?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 22, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Once I knew the twist, I was 99% sure Tahani was going to turn out to be money launderer.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah I've basically been hearing nothing but good things aside from insane people who hate Abrams Trek on principle and people who are mad Star Trek is "getting political".

I have a cousin that still rants about 90s Trek being too "politically correct" for being helmed by a woman and a black man. Can't imagine he's happy.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'd watch Discovery if it was on TV instead of All Access.

I tried to watch Dark Matter again. Too boring. I feel like it's a mish mash of stuff done better elsewhere. A ship full of criminals that don't know or like each other at first was a hundred times more fun on Farscape. The Android is Poor Man's Data. And I can't get over the silliness of the katana-wielder from Planet Medieval Japan.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think Orville is bad, but if people are enjoying it, more power to them.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

There's something you can do that makes it so you can name your kids whatever weird thing you want. They'll be just fine and it might be sufficiently popular when they're older. Just be rich, simple as that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

less laughter posted:

They already should since Khaleesi isn't even her name but just her honorific

It's like naming your child Duchess or Urexcellency

Or, y'know, Prince.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

raditts posted:

Prince made it work, though. If you get a name like that your only hope is to become someone who is known only by one name.

I was actually thinking of Prince Jackson.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Wow, I missed that story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

In the land of the blind, the one eyed woman was queen. Where everyone can see, she sucks.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If Dan Harmon wasn't rich, he'd absolutely be a regular poster on SA.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Nah, it was 16 episodes of setup, one episode of payoff, and then an episode of telling you that payoff was nothing and then a bunch of fans claim that if you wanted payoff you were an idiot.

Even calling the penultimate episode "payoff" at all is quite a stretch.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I wouldn't say "suck", Seinfield clips without laugh tracks are still funny, the pauses just make it unnatural and off-putting. Not the same thing as TBBT's non-jokes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's about a dinky window salesman that thinks he's Gordon Gecko.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Well, I ignored goon advice and watched some Mist.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The teaser seems to suggest it's the same filmmaker with a different crime, where the suspect is the opposite of Dylan, a golden boy/girl.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That does sound perfect for a movie.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Why do bad things happen to medium people?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Some now-executive is still mad that Peter Jackson cut Tom Bombadil.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Trump Organization is totally gonna buy Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I always thought it was weird that TBS decided to clone the Tonight Show format instead of doing something more tailored to Conan.

• Locked thread