Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Looking forward to The Expanse. The Americans, and maybe Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

With regards to censorship and S&P practices rulings in the 21st century, I urge everyone to try watching an episode of Naked Attraction from the UKs Channel 4 (a network broadcaster).

It's without doubt the most Channel 4 thing ever, while also feeling like a German satellite TV show from the 90s. I feel they should re-dub all the talking back over just to complete this.

The show works as thus: a male or female contestant walks out, clothed, and there are something like 8 people in pods, naked, who are male/female/combo based on the contestants preferences.

They then start opening the pods from the bottom up, letting the contestant eliminate unwanted suitors based solely on genitalia, which are shown completely uncensored. Bit by bit they get fully revealed, the contestant then chooses 2 they like the best, gets undressed themselves for reasons (?), and then picks one to go on a date with. The end.

The whole time everyone is trying to talk as if this is a legitimate thing, saying things like 'how refreshing it is that I can see beyond materialistic things like clothing to see the real person' as if this means anything. But everyone there must know it's complete titilating bullshit, from producers to host to contestants.

It's the strangest thing on TV, and it's quite funny to mentally contrast and compare it to 1990s dating trash poo poo that Cilla Black would host on a Saturday afternoon. It's hard to know which has more, if any, merit.

God bless Channel 4 for completely selling out on what made them the most interesting channel for decades but still having someone there who'll commission poo poo like this. It's like a bit of it still lives on.
Based on your rec I'm watching the episode with the DJ and it's hilarious for so many reasons including only presenting white women to the black contestant.

ROFLMAO "There's all sorts of labia... I call it the cheeseburger. You know, when the cheese just comes out over the edge of the cheeseburger a little bit. So the bit of the corner, just sort of flips over the side of the bun, slightly." The hand motions make this epic.

3rd girl rejected, only shook hands with the DJ whereas the others hugged him. In the exit interview she says, "Also he wasn't my type" AKA BLACK

Let's just focus on his BIG BLACK COCK. "It's just staring at me in the face!" Host points and says "Take. A good. Look."

In the second segment with a female contestant, they seem to get on really well but 2 months later and they haven't gone on a second date because they live too far away. There's 14 million people in metro London wtf Channel 4, you're telling me you can't cast your stupid show from that population?

All in all, it's a fun novelty that I wouldn't watch more than a couple times. I didn't find it titillating, but maybe that's because I was regularly pausing to look stuff up.

At least it's better than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzG9BNHcDrE

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 3, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

They want nice girls not those east end, black country or scouse baby replicators. Was bossman from Berminhmm?
Nah, the DJ was from Wolverhampton.

edit: v Yeah just looked, they're like 30 miles apart. Also when I originally replied you said Brixton. :colbert:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 3, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is like Skip Bayless going to FS1. People didn't watch Megyn because they liked her. They watched her because Fox News was on.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lycus posted:

I take it that Magicians is: we want to do Hogwarts, but with sexy grad students instead of children.
I mean... don't we all?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

One of my favorite small tweaks of modern society is that at any given moment any person may be having an identity crisis wondering if a computer algorithm knows something about them they don't know.
Pretty sure that only happens to literal crazy people

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

It would be pretty funny if Amazon started recommending things to watch based on other things you purchased. Oh you just bought a decorative samurai sword and some wall scrolls? Here's a bunch of anime poo poo for you.
I'm surprised they don't already do that

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

anti-magic posted:

I have seen this sentiment pop up a few times and don't quite understand it. Has he typically been a bad actor in other things or just an obnoxious person? Outside of Man Seeking Woman I cannot remember seeing him in anything.
He's a less annoying DJ Qualls

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

So it seems like over the last few months there's been a metric ton of new original content from Netflix and Amazon to the point that I can't even keep track.

Which ones are worth watching?
All of them.

But not The OA.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The show was filmed in and around Atlanta so they could've just come and hung out at my place

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don't know anything about Archie comics except the main guy is a ginger and there's a guy named Jughead.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

14 minutes into Riverdale. Archie is... a player? :psyduck:

edit: Guys... I need someone to hold me... this show is... I don't understand. :psyduck:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 29, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

If you're talking about him never sticking to one girl, it's standard procedure with him. He's been with all of 'em, every female character, except Moose's girlfriend, but I think she's not going to exist, given how they're shaping up that storyline. Also, Grundy... jeez. Long way from someone who looks like Olive Oyl's grandmother.

Her sleeping with Archie is hosed up though. He was max 14-15.
I remember being 15 and crushing on some of my teachers, though I wouldn't have known what to do in the back of a Volkswagen.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

trash person posted:

I'm watching Riverdale right now cause my son is sick and I've got nothing else to watch

And good lord every girl and woman on this show is straight loving fire. Is every CW casting call just, 'Note, must be hot as poo poo.'
I like to think there's a giant sign in the lobby of CW headquarters that says "SEX SELLS"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

I want to watch the Americans, given the glowing reviews everyone in SA seems to have for it. What would you compare it to, though?
It's arguably the best show on TV. It doesn't need comparisons. :colbert:

Mad Men but spies is apt, as is Man in the High Castle but actually good.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hannibal is probably one of my top 10 shows of all time for the visuals alone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

I liked it a lot, and would like to see Milana Vayntrub in more not-AT&T-commercial things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1kmOtdHcZ0

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm not convinced Timothy Olyphant can actually act.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gonz posted:

Who could hate Jennifer Garner? I've never heard anyone say a single bad thing about her.
She's overrated in acting and hotness. :smug:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

She wasn't great in Skins but the first 2 generations were a great show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

raditts posted:

The problem is that some of those dumb people, at least at the time, were elected officials that were using 24 as justification for torture being effective.
Also unelected Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Antonin Scalia.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Doesn't it kinda kill your show from the start to have such a ridiculously powerful mutant?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Who hasn't done the nasty in the pasty?
I initially read this at pastry and was confused why you were talking about pie loving.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world."

:fuckoff:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How does a town as small and white and rural as Riverdale have both a black high school principal and mayor?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

The Americans

Timely since Putin has us by the balls probably
Best show on tv.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm gonna catch up with SHIELD and watch this season's episodes. It better not suck. :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

why even set yourself up for that kind of disappointment
I heard that it was pretty good, though the same people probably think Daredevil is A Good Show.

Especially since 24 is really bad this season.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 8, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I quit Quantico after the mid season 1 break. Did I make the right decision?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm through 4 episodes of this season's SHIELD and... it's good? :psyduck:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I just watched the pilot of Legion and uh... this show probably belongs on Netflix. It's going to get killed due to bad ratings.

You should watch it though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Olyphantastic can't act.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

River Song is on Arrow now?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Right, but there was no thread when it came out in the UK?
There was not. There was very minor discussion in the UK megathread.

I had to go to Reddit to find discussion. :barf:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I believe there was some discussion in the last Couch Chat too? I might be imagining this.
Ya. Snow leopard and penguins made me cry.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

less laughter posted:

they could've called it Mombie
I haven't watched a single episode and it obviously seemed to be about zombies. :confused:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lycus posted:

I don't know how you figured that out without knowing anything about it. I didn't see the blood at first in the smaller title card, so I just noticed a man and woman carrying a cooler. When I read some of the episode titles, I thought it was about suburban serial killers or something.
I remember seeing a poster that had Drew Barrymore eating a heart or something.

Also "diet".

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Timby posted:

He's got a live weekday "format-free" show starting on SiriusXM next week, in which he basically gets to do whatever the gently caress he wants for two hours every day. I'll be interested to see how that shakes out.
I saw his stand up tour a couple years ago.

It was disappointing. :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

The OC is better than all those shows you just said were good though?
Yeah but the fashion on Gossip Girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm doing it. I quit Quantico at the S1 mid-season break, but I'm going to jump back in with S2.

omg it's QUAN2CO how cool:suicide:

edit: Ugh, still Grey's Anatomy: Clandestine Service. I want a spy/thriller show and this has bits and pieces of it but it's like a $20 appetizer where there's a bunch of filler and not enough of the good stuff.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 22, 2017

• Locked thread