Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

Have we really reached the point where people don't realise I recommend this ironically?

It's more that this person's new, so wouldn't necessarily get that, if they hadn't ended up already seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Milo and POTUS posted:

So.... who does it?

Haven't finished, but it wouldn't be a great True Crime parody if there was a definitive answer, would it?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

I really feel like the true culprit is none of the suggested theories and that it's all hidden in the information somewhere and that watching it over with a fine tooth comb will bring it to light.

...Man, this kinda thing is not good for me.

Rarity in two days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Suspect is more Making a Murderer guy where even if you think he's innocent he's not someone you can genuinely fan over.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

- to be Christina Hendricks.

Like, to do anything as Christina Hendricks...?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

unless you have everyone in couch chat on ignore you have definitely heard of it :v:

but yea, it's great

I mean, let's be honest, that's probably a good idea.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yes it does, if they just do the Corey stuff.

Which would be fine

Oh God yes, the Merlin stuff is dire.

-Blackadder- posted:

That Amazon LOTR series is such an unbelievably lazy and bad idea, especially since, as has been pointed out, there are so many other works they could mine...

Gor

Leaving aside the question of Gor's merits or lack thereof, I'm trying to think of a series less suited to the current climate. Maybe Xanth?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

i'm 100% certain piers anthony is a legitimate no-fooling capital-P Pedophile

Like I said, probably the only thing that would be worse to adapt than Gor.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Has anyone watched Godless yet? The preview Netflix showed me a few days ago piqued my interest a bit. Sort of juggling a few shows at the moment but I'm thinking of working it in soon. e: I suppose it's only been out a few hours, but by the time I get back to checking this thread I'm sure someone will have gave it a shot.

Watching it now (on the fourth episode). It's deliberately paced, but it's covering a decent amount of the West that's usually not covered, along with all the usual stuff. Hope you like five-minute long scenes about breaking horses or riding them, though.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Iunno, Godless was a show that got less and less interesting the further into it I got (although the final episode had some great scenes). Its interesting conceits weren't expanded on, the plotlines we did get were mostly exactly what you expected, and the pacing felt less and less like it was deliberate and more like it was stalling.

Also the kid is just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

esperterra posted:

Dat Godless finale tho

zoux posted:

Godless is extremely my poo poo. However it seems every single actor that isn’t Sam Waterston or Jeff Daniels is English.

I wish I could see the show you did. Because man basically right after I wrote that I was enjoying it (episode 4-ish?) it all started going to poo poo. The characters stopped being worth caring about, all the interesting ideas were either ignored or dealt with poorly, the sexual violence is just gratuitous, the hilarious Pinkerton scene is disturbing where it isn't lame and there's a freakin' magical wise ghost Indian. Also the kid's a weak actor, which sucks when he's got such a pivotal role.

At least Merritt Wever was great.

• Locked thread