Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Happy new year tviv. I've started watching The OA it's pretty good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

he was alright in Tropic Thunder, but he was basically 'the other guy' in that

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dexo posted:

Wow. They completely rewrote their pitch for Powerless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnO2cvBbnA

That doesn't look good, not even I am going to watch that

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Sherlock is garbage

you didn't need any words after this

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dead Snoopy posted:

I want to believe, with EVERY fibre of my being, that Iron Fist will be incredible and live up to the potential material Ed Brubaker and David Aja produced with the character years ago in Marvel Comics.

Don't worry, it will be great, it's part of the MCU after all.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah that movie sucked but the first ep of this show is super good. It's based on an apparently popular children's book series that I never read but if the adaptations I've seen are anything to go by it has a pretty fun sense of humour.

Yeah the books were pretty great. Especially once the underlying story and conspiracies get going.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

And the show just brings that poo poo in from minute one, it's cool

Yup

Also having grown up with the books, from late high school at least, I'd love some kind of behind the scenes special in the vein of the Unauthorised Autobiography.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Don't check out The OA

i'm a few episodes in, it's good so far

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

The show was filmed in and around Atlanta so they could've just come and hung out at my place

I've seen your place, and nah.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

The British version is way better anyway.

New thread title?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

why even set yourself up for that kind of disappointment
awwww no gently caress you

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm through 4 episodes of this season's SHIELD and... it's good? :psyduck:

Well duh.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

You should watch THE FALL, it's absolutely one of the best-looking movies of all time

How does it end?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

This Santa Clarita Diet show is pretty good and funny.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

This Santa Clarita Diet show is pretty good and funny.

oh poo poo ten episodes that's it? damnit

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

i only saw the first episode

does it stay good?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

This is so loving hysterical if you skipped my original post go back and click on that poo poo right now

I skip all your posts.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

also Charlie and the Waitress met playing incest white trash sibings on the reno show

edit: this also followed on from a post a few posts back, gently caress my slow internets

BSam fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 24, 2017

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Never understand the appeal of boobs to nerds

Oh Josh, you understand all too well.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Make sure to include a whole bunch of gifs

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

guys, it's marvel

it won't be bad.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

nah guys it's great

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hey guys, anyone here seen Iron Fist yet? It's awesome, and so are all the marvel shows before it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

are we not watching Trial and Error in here? It feels like a cross between Arrested Development and Pawnee, IN.

someone told me it was good, so i got the first two episodes, not watched yet tho

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

i won't bother then

i'll just rewatch iron fist again

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Can someone tell me what superhero shows air this week?

I know Agents of Shield, but are there any others?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Holy poo poo powerless is still going?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

There's a show we're not to talk about in here, but it's back and it's awesome.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Seems unlikely, all 4 of those shows were always bad.

:argh:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

What's the deal with go90 and seeso. Like who the hell subscribes to those? They seem to be targeted at teens?

I don't know what Seeso is but they have the my brother my brother and me tv show and i think a doug stanhope stand up special on them.

that's a good start.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

IRQ posted:

half a book in 2011.

IT'S NOT A REAL BOOK UNLESS IT'S AT LEAST 2000 PAGES!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

IRQ posted:

That criticism of it has nothing to do with length.

Not to mention his other works published in that time, a number of novellas and some other bits and pieces.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Aw man i think sense8 is back like tomorrow or whatev but my thread got archived :(

if someone makes a new thread then please include this gif cause i spent a lot of time on it

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Sense8 is almost back. I know it's the 5th, but I'm not sure what time exactly it drops(e: looks like they drop at midnight pacific time, could be wrong though). I saw the old thread is closed. I'd make a new one but I'm really not good at effort posts. Is no one else looking forward to it?

Feel free to make the thread, I'm looking forward to it but I put enough effort into the first season post I kinda can't be bothered to do it again.

If you do make the thread, help yourself to my gifs, (especially this one, please use this one )

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Snak posted:

Those guys and that ice cream cone making out is literally my favorite part of the intro.

gently caress yeah.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Sense8 is almost back. I know it's the 5th, but I'm not sure what time exactly it drops(e: looks like they drop at midnight pacific time, could be wrong though). I saw the old thread is closed. I'd make a new one but I'm really not good at effort posts. Is no one else looking forward to it?

alright, i did it, but if you're making a thread and it turns out better, close mine that's fine.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Doesn't sense8 have a thread?

yeah i fucken made that thread twice

then i passed out halfthrough friday nights 2s watchthrough

i dn't know when i will finish. perhaps weeks away

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

raditts posted:

the eggs they put into their superhero basket are all rotten now.

I'm not sure what this means but it seems untrue.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

raditts posted:

It means they overloaded their schedule with superhero shows and they're all garbage now.

and before you offer your opinion, I don't really care about your opinion on superhero shows

that's ok, likewise i don't care about yours, you obviously don't watch them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BRING BACK COMMUNITY

• Locked thread