Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

RevKrule posted:

Everyone knows the only good annuals were the ones from that year that Marvel decided that every single one needed a new character. Complete with polybagging and trading cards.

It gave us such great characters as X-Cutioner, Bloodwraith, Wildstreak, Darkling and Cadre. It also gave us the best character in comics, ADAM X!

And the Bantam!

The latest Batman Annual was quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Read JLA/Avengers. It was a good fight.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I know. I'm just not a big fan of opening up to strangers.

Just imagine you're talking to this thread. Maybe they'll help you get to the bottom of why you hate Agents of SHIELD so much.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Squizzle posted:

It's not just the physical abuse, either—Pym serves up a cornucopia of deplorable poo poo there. He starts by basically slut-shaming; then tells her that being a minority is shameful and she had god drat well hope she can keep passing; then hits her for not respecting him enough; then, after his "oh no, I never meant to, baby darling let me help" fails, he accuses her of starting the fight; and, moreover, that she always does starts the fights (but "ends up worse" from them).

On a technical level, it's actually an impressively authentic depiction of an abusive, controlling husband/partner. I have no loving idea why anyone thought it was a good thing to put in a goddamn Avengers comic, but there you go.

I'll step up and say that the Ultimates was a revelation at the time. Nobody saw them as heroes. They were hardly sympathetic. Havent read it in a decade, but I study every page when I see a copy laying about. Thor joining the fight against Hulk is one of my favorite sequences of all time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'm three degrees from Kevin Bacon.

Are you in the movie, Gavok? If so, what wrestler were you dressed as?

• Locked thread