Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

....he's going to watch an anime in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Post your new years resolutions in this thread, anime or otherwise.

Having just completed my toxx from last new years - I'm going to give myself the same challenge again.

30 anims, at least 15 must air in 2017. No more than 5 shorts. New clause: No more than 5 rewatches. Oh uh only one season of a thing counts

E: this is a :toxx: again

Namtab fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 1, 2017

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I'll go with a fun one, watch 15 anime from 2000-2015, I have to do at least one anime from each year. I've missed too many shows while I was busy being a normie

Non anime is make out with more boys this year and floss more

e:fuckit I'll make this a :toxx:

Erg fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 1, 2017

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

i thought it was gonna be baps

:toxx:: get through my notifications list on anidb, which means going through and tagging what i've already seen and watching at least a few episodes of what i haven't (which is most of everything from 2015 and everything from 2016)

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 1, 2017

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
watch the remaining 3 ghibli films i am interested in

finish fansubbing a series only me and my friend will watch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime toxx was fun, and this year i think i need to ramp up the stakes since i overshot the goal. and will actually be starting on it before june, lol. since i finished 50 shows and 14 shorts...i'll be :toxx:ing for 45 shows this year.

other, arbitrary, gimmick rules in the spirit of namtab-ness:
- At least 22 shows from 2017
- No rewatches!!!
- Only 5 shorts count
- At least 10 shows outside my wheelhouse
- At least 5 shows that are 22+ episodes

failure is a three-week probie! personal resolutions...who cares about those, in the anime forum???

e: i'm dumb

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 1, 2017

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I usually have 'watch anime' down, so instead I'll expand in other areas.

Play through at least 7 VNs, 100 percenting at least 1.

Read at least 1000 manga chapters, with at least 70 of those being yuri manga.

And I'll make it a :toxx:, even if this seems difficult to enforce...

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

forgot this thread existed so I'll just quote myself here:

VostokProgram posted:

Happy new year everyone!

I would like to commit to a :toxx:

The challenge is to increase my days of anime watched statistic on MAL, up to 42.0 from it's current value 24.0. This is about 3 episodes per day if you assume 24 minutes per episode, but accounts for movies and shorts too.

It's about 1:20 AM PST on January 1st, 2017 right now, so I'd like to give myself until 1 AM PST on January 1st, 2018.

God save my soul

and I'd like a month probe if I fail

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

My resolution this year is to not uphold any toxxes. :evilbuddy:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Like you'll be mod at the end of the year...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this is looking suspiciously like when i asked matoi to sticky the threads

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Namtab posted:

Like you'll be mod at the end of the year...

i want an actual real life dog to be the next mod

dogsicle you're close to qualifying but you might be a sicle in real life it's too much of a risk

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what if i told you i don't even own a dog, and may never

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'd feel bad for you because it's a good time you're missing out on

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm gonna follow Vostok's lead and leave things open. my days watched on MAL is 15.5 and I'm shooting for a nice round 25. That's about 42 regular length cours by my math.

Not bothering with a toxx cause gently caress it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm going to try buying some of the anime I like. Some of them are reasonably priced, except Aniplex because they're insane. $120 for the Madoka Magica set? No thanks.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anime resolution: translate at least 365 pages of manga

real life resolution: get my teaching certification or a job that makes that unnecessary

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My resolution is to watch less stuff as it's currently airing, and also since in the second half of 2016 I had a great time watching a bunch of really long classic shows (defined as shows with an episode count over 52), to keep up that trend in 2017.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My resolution is to get a shelf to put my slowly increasing amount of anime toys and statues, as well get through the 50 or so chrome tabs I have open to manga I want to read.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ah right

Immediate goal: get a new avatar

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This year I will watch Birdy the Mighty.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

El Burbo posted:

Ah right

Immediate goal: get a new avatar

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Chen at the Slots

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Anything worth doing...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My resolution is to...uh...consults the backlog watch Symphogear, Symphogear G, and Symphogear GX before the end of the year. :toxx:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ranzear posted:

Anything worth doing...

Amazing

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Didn't realize I'd jumped threads somehow...

I do have a resolution though: Write the games, write the book. If you aren't writing the games, be writing the book.

It doesn't mean anything to anybody else though.

Edit: I can get a scrolling version under 100kb by dropping the transparency, but it seems I'm too late for that.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 2, 2017

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Julias posted:

Chen at the Slots

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Resolutions:
Finish reading Steins;Gate. Watch Bokurano. Finish Serial Experiments Lain. Watch at least 100 episodes of Gintama in 2017. Finally, watch the Girls und Panzer and Madoka3 movies.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Finish Flip Flappers and watch YoI.
E: I guess watch Digimon Tamers, the new Digimon, and all the Zoids.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 2, 2017

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Realistically I plan to watch a little more anime than I did last year and read a lot more manga.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
That I will never make a wrong prediction in the one piece thread in 2017 and allow me to call people actual retards because some of the poo poo people spout there is next level (I'm only making safe bets and poo poo that could be resolved in a few chapters) :toxx:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Derail: What software do you use? Don't suppose JASC Animation Shop has been updated in a decade...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hell, i'll :toxx: myself into watching digimon tamers, too. if i don't, just probe me for a month in 2018 and i'll do it then

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Ranzear posted:

Derail: What software do you use? Don't suppose JASC Animation Shop has been updated in a decade...

For gifs, mostly photoshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

• Locked thread